Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Pve Community Bullies The Pvp Community.

Auramaru

Hello, I'm Auramau and I am a PVP player in Warframe.

People say they hate me and say that I'm @(*()$ stupid for playing PVP in Warframe.  I love Conclave and I love the Conclave community.  A lot of people think that what I play requires no skill whatsoever.

They say things like...

"Hysteria and Bladestorm, that is all."

"Let me go get my ____ weapon and my ____ warframe."

I agree that certain things in PVP are over-powered, but it is only over-powered when a player uses it in an over-powered manner.

People say that DE shouldn't waste the resources or the time to balance or fix PVP in Warframe because Warframe is a PVE game... They say that PVP (the part of this game that I've absolutely fallen in love with) "should be flat out removed from the game".

People blatantly state that (possibly subtly):

-A part of this game does not matter.

-A part of this COMMUNITY does not matter.

It's very obvious that these people who say such things are only playing the game for PVE and that is okay with me.

When someone posts something about their idea for kubrows, or a new mission type, or how a certain weapon is too good or too bad... you NEVER see people being so openly hateful to the person who brought it up...

The PVP community is open to these ideas.  We want this game to progress, but we also want the part of the game that we love to be at least playable...

So I guess people hate me for playing PVP.  I do not hate them though.  None of my friends who I PVP with hate them.  We love this game and we love this community.  But we are being bullied, harassed, ignored, stomped on, and pushed aside by the large majority who say WE DO NOT MATTER.

... So why the hate? Bullies?

You just learning this?

PS: Sorry sarcasm. :P

Okay but seriously, I don't know why they are A******s to the PvP community. I guess because they think PvP will ruin PvE... some how... magically.

Edited by Rakshal

I don't hate on people with a difference of opinion. People who do aren't worth yours or my time.

I like both PvP and PvE aspects of this game but still believe PvP needs a lot of work before I even consider playing it with people other than friends/family.

Edited by Sutherland

Yes we bully you because we offer our opinions and dont like your ideas? Because all should agree with almighty PvPers and support their cause.

I thought this is free world where everyone can express their opinion. I was mistaken.

I now support PvP because this is not free world and we live under opression.

Yes we bully you because we offer our opinions and dont like your ideas? Because all should agree with almighty PvPers and support their cause.

I thought this is free world where everyone can express their opinion. I was mistaken.

I now support PvP because this is not free world and we live under opression.

We weren't stating opinions: we were stating facts.  Conclave is broken.  There are current 3 game-breaking bugs in conclave that have been left untouched for weeks...

When you and I talked, that was about balance, and that's okay to have opinions.  But the fact is that conclave is broken by bugs right now, and whenever we try to tell DE, we get stomped on by the majority.

I have 2 issues with PvP. First off DE stated they didn't want to put it in, said they wouldn't, then they go and put it in. Now it feels like this half assed attempt to do PvP in a game focused around PvE. Secondly, there is no PvP training. Nothing explaining how the Dark Sector conflicts works, near as I could tell at least, how the mods work compared from PvE to PvP so on and so forth. PvP in general just feels...tacted on in how it handles and operates because a portion of it is unbalanced.

The truth is, that warframe is a PvE centered game but that does not mean PvP is not allowed to be in it.

I am not really sure about the bullying part. Hating someone because they have a different playstyle? That is wierd and i don't really believe that the warframe community really does this.

Maybe you got unlucky and met the wrong people? The only part of the community i met till now was the nice side, i guess.

Anyway- since PvP is really inbalanced it is only fun with rules of honor as i call them-> same equipment same mods.

Otherwise it is unbalanced because there will always be people who perma-hysteria.

We weren't stating opinions: we were stating facts.  Conclave is broken.  There are current 3 game-breaking bugs in conclave that have been left untouched for weeks...

When you and I talked, that was about balance, and that's okay to have opinions.  But the fact is that conclave is broken by bugs right now, and whenever we try to tell DE, we get stomped on by the majority.

Do not mistake DE faults for community faults. If DE trully wanted to balance PvP, or even have proper PvP in Warframe, they would do that.

Yes, majority of "us" PvE players dont care about fixing PvP content simply because we are not interested in playing it. But you cannot think that DE is not balancing it because of that. They added PvP as half of the content that is here, just for the sake of content.

im guessing everyone skimmed over my post on a different thread, cause I'm that obnoxious A******.

READ THIS THREAD ITS OVER A YEAR OLD NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/19316-what-if-players-acted-out-the-stalker-role-like-in-dark-souls/

Hell no. Was brought up as original and fresh idea gazillions of times, and was stomped by community and DE.

Edgy players would like that.

Hell no. Was brought up as original and fresh idea gazillions of times, and was stomped by community and DE.

Edgy players would like that.

Actually "DE" thought it was refreshing when I brought it up. The community stomped it though, and that's my point, if you read the thread, and not my idea you'lll see the strife behind PvP..not so much my strategy behind implementing it in the game.

im guessing everyone skimmed over my post on a different thread, cause I'm that obnoxious A******.

READ THIS THREAD ITS OVER A YEAR OLD NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/19316-what-if-players-acted-out-the-stalker-role-like-in-dark-souls/

Except the idea revolves around us taking up the role of the stalker when we have lore on the stalker stating very different things. Basically there are lore reasons as to why we can't do that.

Do not mistake DE faults for community faults. If DE trully wanted to balance PvP, or even have proper PvP in Warframe, they would do that.

Yes, majority of "us" PvE players dont care about fixing PvP content simply because we are not interested in playing it. But you cannot think that DE is not balancing it because of that. They added PvP as half of the content that is here, just for the sake of content.

Honestly....I have to agree with this. DE takes the time to fix so many things, so many bugs, balance things and ect. Yet they hardly ever touch PvP, or maybe they do and just don't announce any of the changes? Not sure. But a lot of issues with PvP stem from it not being balanced which DE can easily fix, they just need time to do so.

I've said it once, i've said it again. It's time for DE to hold off on making some new content, sit down, and untangle the mess that is Warframe. It's not just PvP that needs a good look at, it's the warframes as a whole. Look at Mirage, she was MADE with the idea of "Power at early levels, Utility at higher levels" and that pumped out a great warframe, now they just need to look at the other warframes, Excalibur, Banshee, ect, and do the same, as well as fix some of the broken ones like Ember(Fireblast suuuucks.)

By rejecting PvP updates/fixes, DE is neglecting a large part of their community which is something i doubt they would do. By evidense of the DSC PvP, Warframe is going to have more PvP elements whether you like it or not (just like how PvE is going to have more elements). Here's the thing not all of us like killing bots 24/7. Going against another person raises the adrenaline, as this is not a predictable encounter (such as if you went agaginst a Heavy Gunner.) Simple ways to fix Conclave: Before the match their should be a list of Custom Rules. Everybody votes and majority wins. And by doing so the game will limit your Arsenal to what the Rules were. Conclave Rating should also be taken out because some maps are better than others(Preference) and Conclave Rating isn't based on anything but your gear so really 'Auto Install' and boom your Rating is 1860.

I'm going to go ahead and lock this.

All there is to say on the matter is that if there are members of the community bullying you here on the forums, for any reason, you should report them to let us moderators sort them out.

Bullying violates the first rule of the community rules and guidelines. Although we do read a lot of threads and posts, we can't read every single one that goes up (which is why it's important for you to report rule violations).