Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Will De Shift Their Focus On Now That U14 Is Out?

Mohfuu

UI rework.

no.

No? Are you serious?

RoboDoge is right.

Currently the UI is not much more than a nice gimmicky mess.

It has some good "foundations" (especially in the design language and the playership), but they really need to consider the feedback provided in their official UI 14 feedback thread. Otherwise the UI is not really useable on longterm.

People will get sick of running everywhere (if some of them not already are sick of it because everything takes like 3 times as long which just slows things down in a Space Ninja Game) and there's literally no shortcuts around that because the main menu is just ridiculous and implemented in a fashion that encourages players to run everywhere because it takes longer to navigate the actual "shortcuts".

They said in advance there would be something like shortcuts for those who wanted them. That was a flat out bullcrap or something they forgot about when they were all on the "cool & awesome"-hype-trip during the Devstream because Pablo himself stated that they don't give a sh*t about usability rather than immersion in the thread found here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/263785-new-ui-feedback-from-uiux-designer-visually-nicer-slower-to-use-more-clicks-to-do-the-same-task/page-11#entry3089833

And that is in my opinion just wrong from every viewpoint an UI designer could probably have. So UI needs a rework... I don't say "remove the immersion" because the immersion works on its own perfectly for those who like that kind of stuff, but at least they could try and add some usabillity, for example a "Quick Access"-bar on top of each menu the way we had it Pre-U14 as well instead of just saying "f*ck that, who needs usabillity when it looks cool." which is also far fetched considering the menu-sway causes eyestrain and motionsickness.

It's like designing a fancy car without steering wheel and gas pedal and then say "Looks cool to us, but functionality? Meh. Just ship it as it is."

Wonder how many people would buy that and be happy with it.

Seems like nowadays developers have forgotten about one basic rule: "Form follows function" and not the other way around.

Edited by MeduSalem

No? Are you serious?

RoboDoge is right.

Currently the UI is not much more than a nice gimmicky mess.

It has some good "foundations" (especially in the design language and the playership), but they really need to consider the feedback provided in their official UI 14 feedback thread. Otherwise the UI is not really useable on longterm.

People will get sick of running everywhere (if some of them not already are sick of it because everything takes like 3 times as long which just slows things down in a Space Ninja Game) and there's literally no shortcuts around that because the main menu is just ridiculous and implemented in a fashion that encourages players to run everywhere because it takes longer to navigate the actual "shortcuts".

They said in advance there would be something like shortcuts for those who wanted them. That was a flat out bullcrap or something they forgot about when they were all on the "cool & awesome"-hype-trip during the Devstream because Pablo himself stated that they don't give a sh*t about usability rather than immersion in the thread found here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/263785-new-ui-feedback-from-uiux-designer-visually-nicer-slower-to-use-more-clicks-to-do-the-same-task/page-11#entry3089833

And that is in my opinion just wrong from every viewpoint an UI designer could probably have. So UI needs a rework... I don't say "remove the immersion" because the immersion works on its own perfectly for those who like that kind of stuff, but at least they could try and add some usabillity, for example a "Quick Access"-bar on top of each menu the way we had it Pre-U14 as well instead of just saying "f*ck that, who needs usabillity when it looks cool." which is also far fetched considering the menu-sway causes eyestrain and motionsickness.

It's like designing a fancy car without steering wheel and gas pedal and then say "Looks cool to us, but functionality? Meh. Just ship it as it is."

Wonder how many people would buy that and be happy with it.

Seems like nowadays developers have forgotten about one basic rule: "Form follows function" and not the other way around.

I don't understand what you are ranting about. I don't know how you got your irate response out of what [DE] Pablo said either. The new UI is perfectly functional, aside from bugs, and you all complaining about it are doing absolutely nothing constructive at all and instead making these useless posts that basically just paint out your inability to deal with change. I've been playing since open beta, and I've never been more comfortable with the UI in it's many revisions. The quick menu is much faster than you make it out to be, it is along with many of the other complaints of the UI you've made immensely over exaggerated. If one is so inclined to use the quick menu, you are given a very obvious overview of where everything is and how to get to it, and it takes no more than an extra click, which you were fairly warned about in Devstreams describing the new UI. This constant *@##$ing about U14 needs to stop. It's not constructive feedback, it's just complaining about you wanting everything to be hand fed to you the way you want it fed to you and you don't know how to start using eating utensils, even though it's the same food, but with more season.

I don't understand what you are ranting about. I don't know how you got your irate response out of what [DE] Pablo said either. The new UI is perfectly functional, aside from bugs, and you all complaining about it are doing absolutely nothing constructive at all and instead making these useless posts that basically just paint out your inability to deal with change. I've been playing since open beta, and I've never been more comfortable with the UI in it's many revisions. The quick menu is much faster than you make it out to be, it is along with many of the other complaints of the UI you've made immensely over exaggerated. If one is so inclined to use the quick menu, you are given a very obvious overview of where everything is and how to get to it, and it takes no more than an extra click, which you were fairly warned about in Devstreams describing the new UI. This constant *@##$ing about U14 needs to stop. It's not constructive feedback, it's just complaining about you wanting everything to be hand fed to you the way you want it fed to you and you don't know how to start using eating utensils, even though it's the same food, but with more season.

"Immersion is king".

Pretty much enough said, okay? How is that thing not to be interpreted as "f*ck usability". The simple blind pride in which he has written it out is disgusting enough in that sense.

Nonetheless I've still given pretty much constructive feedback, because I suggest you looking at this:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/268583-u14-ui-feedback/page-7#entry3114878

I've made a perfectly overlong post of feedback on the official UI feedback thread that I either think could be improved or hundreds of players have complained about all over the place in the forum. How much more constructive do I or anybody else need to get before any of the feedback is considered?

Stop your White Knighting because there are flaws to the this iteration of the UI. If you don't have any problems good for you but I'd also suggest taking a look into the UI feedback subsection and scroll down a few pages and tell me again that there are no problems. Have a nice day, good sir.

Edited by MeduSalem

Still fixing U14 for PC and getting it onto PS4 first. After that, I'd like to see another faction or two (along with new weapons and items). I love the currect enemies, but constantly fighting the same three factions is getting a little old. The galaxy is a big place, can't we have some fresh blood to hunt down?

Search toolbar for mods. That is a MUST, especially for traders/merchants, hell, even for mod fusion it'd be hella' useful.

Other than that:

- Kubrow pathing needs fixing

- DNA stabilizers rework

- Removing 95% of the RNG on Kubrow imprints (2 imprints with Lotus face should give Lotus face, not a sack of potatoes)

- I'd like to see the "D" polarity changed on a lot of melee weapons (I mean, it's only useful for Status Chance and Freeze mod. [status chance mod max = 12.5% ((sh*t))])

- Vauban made more accessible (through clan would be a good idea)