Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oddity Thread (Gotta Find 'em All)

Architect416

What mission type were you playing? I've been having issues finding this tile to spawn and apparently theres 2 kurias in that tileset now that i look at the screen i was mentioning earlier. One you screened seems to be this one http://i.imgur.com/9Rwq2Nk.jpg posted in OP at least it looks like it considering the mini

Interesting, if I find the tileset again I will check it. The mission was Bode, in ceres. A capture mission.

It seems to be a very rare tile to spawn, so if anyone else does find it keep an eye out.

Found some more for you guys:

2HPiAfl.jpg

LGHmLat.jpg

On the tile with the dual bridges, on one of the archways is a Kuria.

Edited by The_Webster

Many thanks for keeping this up. That poem seem to indicate the Queens were infact not Grineer-clones, but rejected because they were twins and reminded the Orokin of clones.

I allso get the strong feeling Grineer actually litterally means "Slave" in the Orokin tongue.

I allso really like the line:

"tending to their strays".

Many thanks for keeping this up. That poem seem to indicate the Queens were infact not Grineer-clones, but rejected because they were twins and reminded the Orokin of clones.

I allso get the strong feeling Grineer actually litterally means "Slave" in the Orokin tongue.

I allso really like the line:

"tending to their strays".

I'm getting a distinct sense of that as well. Not only that, but I get the sense they were used to combat the Grineer forces:

"Like chisel to stone
War molded the twins
Who ravaged the hordes
Became legend to them"

With the only Hordes ever being mentioned in the whole of the Codex being the Grineer -

"The uprising came
And spread like a weed
An army of copy-men
Ferocious and free"

But it seems that, in time, the Twins themselves would also turn on the Orokin, and because of the deep respect their incredible prowess in battle had forged in the Grineer, they:

"The copies became believers
One by One bowed to the twins
??? ??? ????? ?? ????? ??? ???????
???? ??????? ??? ????????"

And so:

"Now a power to follow
Not a force to be fought
From the ashes of war
The Twin Queens were wrought"

Perhaps THIS is why the Grineer had to continue cloning - but mind you this is VERY tinfoil-hatty - perhaps the likes of the Twin Queens were what the Orokin were using to combat the Grineer? An army of amazon-like warrior women, genetically different enough from the all-men Grineer that they couldn't breed with one another?

I've not got around to the Natah quest yet, but I have heard some spoilers about an entity similar to the Lotus.

What if Natah and the Lotus ARE the Queens? Or are in some way related?

That can't happen because.

SPOILER ALERT!

Natah=Lotus

Edited by Jeloxale

I've not got around to the Natah quest yet, but I have heard some spoilers about an entity similar to the Lotus.

What if Natah and the Lotus ARE the Queens? Or are in some way related?

I'm just going to say that you're way off the mark. Play the quest for yourself and see.

I'm getting a distinct sense of that as well. Not only that, but I get the sense they were used to combat the Grineer forces:

"Like chisel to stone
War molded the twins
Who ravaged the hordes
Became legend to them"

With the only Hordes ever being mentioned in the whole of the Codex being the Grineer -

"The uprising came
And spread like a weed
An army of copy-men
Ferocious and free"

But it seems that, in time, the Twins themselves would also turn on the Orokin, and because of the deep respect their incredible prowess in battle had forged in the Grineer, they:

"The copies became believers
One by One bowed to the twins
??? ??? ????? ?? ????? ??? ???????
???? ??????? ??? ????????"

And so:

"Now a power to follow
Not a force to be fought
From the ashes of war

Perhaps THIS is why the Grineer had to continue cloning - but mind you this is VERY tinfoil-hatty - perhaps the likes of the Twin Queens were what the Orokin were using to combat the Grineer? An army of amazon-like warrior women, genetically different enough from the all-men Grineer that they couldn't breed with one another?

I'm also in agreement with this, it's fair to mention the last few verses as further proof of this:

"Now a power to follow

Not a force to be fought

From the ashes of war

Now, I'm wondering about the specifics of how the Twin Queens came to existence, it seems to imply some new type of cloning technology. Not the type of mass-produced mostly the same cloning that was used to create the Grineer in mass, but rather an exact carbon-copy of the original(or maybe they were just identical twins?). I'm also curious about this line at verse 4:

"A mirrored reflection

Had come into life

By will of their father

Kept safe from the knife"

The father here seems to imply their creator, but kept safe from the knife? It could mean a rather blunt and literal killing of the twins, but could it be that they perhaps were fused together somehow, and were intended to be separated, and thus had to be kept safe from the knife?

Edited by NikodemosTheMan

Ah, I was told previously that it crashes your game. I guess someone got it confused with another then.

It doesn't, but it's also a pretty hard one to scan.

Found one in the gas mines on Jupiter. There's a room with a yellow electric beam in the centre and a cylindrical mashine going up above it with 4 pipes on the top, 1 on each side. The Kuria is located on a window.

http://imgur.com/TmH0MGg

Not sure if anyone posted this already

Already posted, multiple time. It's 2-2

What mission type were you playing? I've been having issues finding this tile to spawn and apparently theres 2 kurias in that tileset now that i look at the screen i was mentioning earlier. One you screened seems to be this one http://i.imgur.com/9Rwq2Nk.jpg posted in OP at least it looks like it considering the minimap matches location

I did a very lengthy check of the area, and then I decided to test something:

r1ckeJ9.jpg

vs

9Rwq2Nk.jpg

There aren't any more at least in that specific tile, from what I've observed. 

Edited by The_Webster

not the 1 i linked but this one in op http://i.imgur.com/X0MjGnk.jpg its supposedly downlooking the area you are standing atop of. First i linked was a showing looks like same kuria you found. Also how do you keep getting that tile? :C been doing bode ever since and no luck yet or the other 2 bridge tile.

not the 1 i linked but this one in op http://i.imgur.com/X0MjGnk.jpg its supposedly downlooking the area you are standing atop of. First i linked was a showing looks like same kuria you found. Also how do you keep getting that tile? :C been doing bode ever since and no luck yet or the other 2 bridge tile.

I see what you mean, I will check the area again. I will edit this post if I find it.

r1ckeJ9.jpg

vs

9Rwq2Nk.jpg

this room to find is harder ... as find kuria xD

Edited by DarmaKarma

number 13-4

line: They ravaged the colonies

found this on on ceres, forgot which place so im still looking for it then ill screenshot it

(BTW i hope this imgur thingy works)

oS8zS3q.jpg

Works fine, would be really helpful if you could take a picture of where you found the Kurai so everyone else can find it.

Found it! Its still there. Will edit with a video to show how to get up there in a bit for those who dont use novas, then again wormhole may be a bit unpredictable in some cases

video for those that'd like a bit of an idea how to climb to it

This one is 13-3

8NmB4Gf.jpg

fLH5V7W.jpg

Edited by Cmdr-A

I can confirm, this statue is still there.

http://imgur.com/pwN0MTB

Edit: Tennod

Edited by Tomsee

Found it! Its still there. Will edit with a video to show how to get up there in a bit for those who dont use novas, then again wormhole may be a bit unpredictable in some cases

This one is 13-3

8NmB4Gf.jpg

fLH5V7W.jpg

Good find man, I was trying to find this tile to confirm whether it was hidden there but you beat me to it.