Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Letter Of Intent

_Raiklar_

Today is August 9th, 2014.

And that means that the Letter of Intent with PWE. has expired. Now does this mean that PWE will be buying DE or buying into DE I don't know. Nor do I know if it means that DE and PWE will enter negotiations for said topic. What I would like to know is what DE's intentions are with PWE and the future of Warframe. Please in a tactful way. Give me your opinion on Your feelings about this as it has been kept hush, hush for the last month or so when it was revealed that PWE had an interest in DE and Warframe.

I'd not expect any official news on the topic until the Asian financial market hits Monday... Then PW will probably brag about their acquisition anyways if it happened at all.

*carefully prepares pitchforks and torches*

I never put my pitchfork back to the closet. It's always ready for some doom&gloom action as needed. But hopefully I can store it back to the closet later this week. :D

That said they should really think about adding a pitchfork to our Warframe arsenal. ^^

Edited by MeduSalem

PWE is notorious for implementing certain 'gameplay features' into the F2P titles that they acquire.  It isn't a good reputation.

People are worried, reasonably so, about what will change in Warframe if PWE acquires it.

Oh... well that's not good at all...

I don't want to be hiding behind chest-high walls constantly and loosing the ability to trade or get prime weapons without paying money!

Yea, i'm with the no PWE on this, the second they acquire the game is when i stop playing and don't look back.

And everyone that was counting that after Tenno Live it will be clear... well at least we know that we will able to change color of kubrow.

But for them avoiding the answer is pretty clear. Also it is very curious that there was a thread about selling to PWE but it was closed after Tenno Live. And what is more interesting all posts AFTER this event were deleted for no apparent reason.

Ps. and as a reason for closing this thread was  "to prevent inflammatory discussion and for review by DE", but up to this point most posts were very calm and peaceful (people just stating their minds and speculating).

-snip-

Ps. and as a reason for closing this thread was  "to prevent inflammatory discussion and for review by DE", but up to this point most posts were very calm and peaceful (people just stating their minds and speculating).

I'm willing to bet that the Mod that locked the thread also went through and cleaned it before hand.

Today is August 9th, 2014.

And that means that the Letter of Intent with PWE. has expired. Now does this mean that PWE will be buying DE or buying into DE I don't know. Nor do I know if it means that DE and PWE will enter negotiations for said topic. What I would like to know is what DE's intentions are with PWE and the future of Warframe. Please in a tactful way. Give me your opinion on Your feelings about this as it has been kept hush, hush for the last month or so when it was revealed that PWE had an interest in DE and Warframe.

All that expired was the period under which DE could not solicit other companies.  For all we know they could could be drawing up the terms of the deal in final legal form and be getting ready to sign.  Until the NDA is lifted and DE is able to speak on the matter, the question of whether it's fallen through or not is purely speculation atm.

I'm willing to bet that the Mod that locked the thread also went through and cleaned it before hand.

From the looks of it was letter13, and he deleted posts that disagreed with his stance on the issue.  Only one or two posts could be considered marginally inflammatory and tbh the same exact discussions with very similar tones had occurred multiple times throughout the thread without necessitating moderation.

Edited by Aggh