Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So... Why Do We Now Have Pvp Exclusive Mod Reward?

Ketec

been like that even with pve DS though

DS was not pvp before though. The problem is that specters can only appear in DS, which make Decisive judgement pvp exclusive. 

It's probably just a oversight from them.

Edited by Alphafox

Just like how DE didn't think the lore through for the Dark Sector conflicts (they admitted that in a Devstream saying that they want to work on presenting the conflicts as some kind of ritual, but that was brought upon only after the many topics asking for an explanation), I personally won't be surprised that it's because they didn't think this through again (oversight).

Either it's that or they somehow think that "use the trade" is a legitimate alternative. I don't like making such assumptions, but while there are lots of things I love about Warframe (I won't be playing over 1500 hours if not), they make some questionable decisions at times, while taking a long time to finally cover them (or sometimes not at all).

Edited by Casardis

All this talk about " its just for fun" and there wont be exclusive rewards - but now, Decisive Judgement is a pvp exclusive reward - it only drops from specters.

Decisive judgement has always dropped from spectres, even when the rails were PVE.  Here's the catch though and several of my clanmates can verify this, if you pick one up doing a rail conflict, you don't get to keep it.

Edited by MariAnnette

in pve DS - you could actually farm it, now you have to deal with the pvp - which is a no go for some players.

Tho i don't care about the mod, i had it minutes after release anyways ( even sold a few a bit later).

I just don't like the subtle hints at pvp affecting pve instead of staying 100% separate ( some weapon adjustments got a smell of pvp as well).

there are threads out there asking for DS pve option for players so that they can support their alliances without the need of pvp....or just so they can farm for decisive judgment

but i do agree with you that they turned the stance into a pvp exclusive reward.....a lot of people viewed DS pve as pvp as well....it was not direct player vs player...but it was an indirection view of pvp through mission completion

but in a sense it was just like before....except the specters are clumsy players with different weapon loadouts instead of AI controlled

i think the AI controlled specters are scarier than the real players sometimes

but pvp exclusive = not cool

Edited by sekushiiandee

Well, first, weren't they saying they were working on putting in a PVE alternative to the Dark Sector?

Second, if I recall, not only does PVP rarely(if ever) give you the mods you earn from specters(Which would make this point moot), but on top of that, you can get it from transmutation.  Thus, it's not PVP exclusive.

All this talk about " its just for fun" and there wont be exclusive rewards - but now, Decisive Judgement is a pvp exclusive reward - it only drops from specters.

Because there needs to be some sort of pain for this?

You think people will go running rail unopposed or there will be a PvP conflict? 

In the past scott said that warframe was going to be switching over to a little more PvP focused

trade for it

/thread

^

i am one of the people who prefer to farm for items than trade them

though if it gets really really bad i might consider it.....but that would only apply to gleaming talon or contagious spread

but decisive judgment isnt all too rare so i would just want to farm that

Because there needs to be some sort of pain for this?

You think people will go running rail unopposed or there will be a PvP conflict? 

In the past scott said that warframe was going to be switching over to a little more PvP focused

sigh. anyone knows any warframe like great coop pve game?