Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 14.2.0: Avalanche Offensive

[DE]darryl1

Do the Avalanche Offensive enemies have crazy damage multipliers added on to them? Pluto wasn't this punishing.

EDIT: meaning they hit a lot harder than the 12-15 suggests they would.

Mainly the Detron troops, two shots killed me in no time flat!

Edited by Shion963

I'm thankful for the event and all, nice stuff happening. But this content update made me seriously wonder about certain changes;

@ Ammunition changes;

The drops to 20... isn't that a bit severe? So apparently they use sniper ammo, but at a reduced multiplier. Well, curious how that will work out. I always wanted to have them use Sniper ammo pool (or "special") again, but having this cut down to 20... interesting choice.

And Grakata... I mean seriously? Some weapons are ammo INefficient for a reason. Because they're low-tier and are rapid fire for a reason. That alone is an advantage AND disadvantage in itself. Boosting ammo pools for these weapons is not going to cut it by any stretch of the imagination. I'm already grumbling due to the extra ammo storage for the Akzani, whereas other secondaries lack that. If you don't want us to run out of ammo, why use ammo at all? We have ammo mods for a reason.

@ Category for Kubrow specific mods;

I feel offended right now.

I asked months ago, what about a separation of Shotgun mods from Rifles, and for Warframe abilities from the rest of Warframe mods. Then Melee 2.0 hit and you gave us a category for stance mods. I asked the same question again - shotgun / Ability separation. And now we get a split of one of the least used categories anyhow, so I ask you again;

Where is the separation for Shotguns and Warframe abilities? I understand you don't do the latter because you might have future plans for tweaking Warframe ability cards altogether. But please, pretty please, give us a Shotgun tab, alright?

@ Sniper buffs

Oh I see you've even buffed the innate strength of the Vectis which is only due to a faulty engine mechanic? Oh this is going to be lots of fun :3 But thanks for raising the Lanka and the Vulkar. But... no mention of Projectile speed for the Lanka? Or charge speed increase? I mean we are still in dire need of a general "linear charge-up damage increase" and not this "all or nothing" charge, but I also understand we might not get that until Damage 3.0 (( or damage 2.5 for that matter).

@Continuous weapons

While this is all nice, they still have their innate problems, which is the 1second tick issue. I understand that you did this to not "drown the screen in numbers" but may I honestly ask you if you've ever seen the ridiculous spray from multishot Twin Vipers, or - to use something more widely spread - the Soma? We can't even see the enemies at times from these number fountains. How about the option to turn damage numbers OFF entirely? That would help a lot.

To all the people complaining about "mah launchers oh noes!", use Sniper or Pistol ammo mutation. It's not hard, and you'll have plenty of ammo laying around. God forbid you have to jump down off your silly pillar in ODD every now and then for something other than loot. You had to know this was coming sooner or later, and anyone that's mad enough to quit the game or ask for catalysts back is taking this way too hard. You will get used to it in due time, Tenno. One thing that makes us so brilliant is our ability to adapt to changes. Let's just treat this like every other balancing that happens and adapt.

I can attest that the Angstrum was not ruined. I don't get the rage. Lawnchair-type weapons aren't suppose to have lots of ammo. Look at Halo 3 or Doom. 3-6 shots and you are done. There is plenty of ammo all over the place.

Awesome, where is the option to uninstall my Catalysts and compensatory Forma's that can be reapplied without releveling from my Angstrum, Ogris, and Penta?

I can attest that the Angstrum was not ruined. I don't get the rage. Lawnchair-type weapons aren't suppose to have lots of ammo. Look at Halo 3 or Doom. 3-6 shots and you are done. There is plenty of ammo all over the place.

In both Doom and Halo you can pick up other weapons off the ground. They are also games of different genre. DOOM is not an MMO. Halo 3 is PvP based.
Edited by Arabaxus

Wow... So, theres little reason to use most launchers now, the new dagger requires Argon (And is again, Clan Tech for the billionith time) and then the "reward" for this event is VERY lackluster for what the enemies are. I mean, I was expecting maybe a Snipertron BP or maybe a badge, but a two day Affinity Booster, for 100 points. Im sorry DE but Breeding Grounds gave DUAL STAT mods for FOURTY points, less than HALF of what this reward requires. There are days I just want to say "Screw DE" and this is one of those days...

meh i was hoping for freeze ray or ice damage/status mods. i'm sure they will pop up in this event sooner or later.

the ammo nerf on penta/ogris is WAY too much. 20 is as ridicilous as 540. how about atleast 50-60 so you won't endlessly be hunting ammo?

Awesome, where is the option to uninstall my Catalysts and compensatory Forma's that can be reapplied without releveling from my Angstrum, Ogris, and Penta?

In both Doom and Halo you can pick up other weapons off the ground. They are also games of different genre. DOOM is not an MMO. Halo 3 is PvP based.

Can't tell if troll or thick...

Snipetron (+Vandal):

- Added 2.5 puncture depth (3 for Vandal).  

- Increased damage from 100 to 125 (125 to 150 for Vandal).

- Reduced reload time from 4 s to 3.5 s.

Only the Snipetron (Vandal) gets the puncture depth? Really? Correct me if I'm wrong, but puncture depth would imply that it can pierce enemies and terrain, right? If that's the case, that's kind of an insult to everyone who started playing after than event. Adding puncture depth to sniper rifles in general is something I believed people mentioned that would help. Why would this only be one one sniper when they all could benefit greatly from the boost? It makes very little sense to not do so.

"Countdowns will no longer auto start if a player joins a Public Key session"

Can someone pls explain to me what this means? By public key sessions, does that mean u can have an open key session that any random person can join into ?

Quote me in your response so i know this got answered pls x.x

launcher trashing aside  you just released a TENNO DAGGER with 0.8 attack speed   and 50 TOXIN damage, it sure is a weird weapon, you sure you're ok de? btw if it's intended congrats on the invention of the heavy dagger. i wonder what it's use could be tho, maybe with a bit more crit chance it could be intresting but as it is i'm passin on it

Super powered crewmen intentional? I was a little surprised when I was running up to some level 17 crewman and then just fell on my face, dead. If this is intentional then solo-ing this is gonna be one hell of a thing. Well, time to go put on my try-hard panties.

I'm not trolling. I put a total of 2 Catalysts and 11 Forma onto my Angstrum and Penta. Now that they do not do what they originally did as advertised, I want my time and materials back. 

i don't expect it to be 20 for very long. they went too far and the backlash will change their mind. keep your forma on for a while :p