Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 14.2.0: Avalanche Offensive

[DE]darryl1

I'd like to say a few things about these changes to Torid.

Nerfs:

540 ammo -> 20 ammo

Rifle ammo -> Sniper ammo (rarest ammo)

Not only is it decreased to only 20 ammo, it's changed from rifle ammo to sniper? (That makes no sense btw)

We'd need to sacrifice mods slots that could've increased the low damage to put in ammo mutations and ammo drums.

Buffs:

AOE range increase

10% status -> 15% status

5% critical -> 10% critical

1.5x crit dmg -> 2x

The only good things are the aoe increase and the criticals, but they don't mean much when you consider that you'll have very limited ammo. Also, the slight status increase doesn't make up for the nerfs either, considering that the cloud ticks already proc statuses like crazy (I had 65% status), it doesn't really change much.

Useless:

40 dps ticks

The ticks were never that good, and this is only a slight improvement.

It's ok in lower levels, but it's still useless in higher levels with only a measly 40 dps.

Conclusion:

Torid doesn't deal a lot of damage compared to ogris or penta so it required stacking multiple shots. I understand why Ogris and Penta ammos are nerfed but Torid as well? Not only should it have more ammo than penta/ogris, it should definitely have a lot more ammo than 20. Just increasing the aoe range doesn't make up for the ammo nerfs, it needs a much longer cloud duration. That or more ammo!

Overall, this seems like a nerf to Torid.

Considering that Torid wasn't even up to par with other weapons and now with further nerfs, are you trying to tell those who bothered to use this to use other guns?

Why these weapon have so few ammo? 20? 30? Are you kidding us? It look annoying to play if you have that little amount of ammo... expecially sniper ammo.. is a cheat to everyone who put formae in those weapons..

BTW still not seeing some of the fixes the game really needs...

PS: Where the F*** are all the orokin cells? If it is Salad V fault I swear I'm gonna rip his head off to feed my kubrow.

Edited by gianenci

So as per my question that wasn't answered in the PSA topic, if I submit a ticket can I have my Catalysts in my launcher weapons removed and placed in my inventory?  Again, I wouldn't have upgraded them with a Catalyst if their ammo capacities had been this low from the outset so I feel pretty ripped off right now.

Read this: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/28-open-beta-agreement-read-me/

Number 4, in particular.

This is to EVERYONE who complains when they change a weapon.

why did you make changes to Snipetron if it's not available anyway?

Because some people still have it from way back? I think it's a good thing that they maintain weapons that not everyone necessarily has access to.

(and FWIW, I don't have a Snipetron nor a Snipetron Vandal)

Gah, missed a golden opportunity to give us the Ice/Status Chance mod, here.

They didn't accounce the award yet. That's what I'm hoping it is.

EDIT: Apparently it's an affinity booster. That's... dissapointing.

Edited by Avicou

I feel the changes to the explosive type weapons are unfair since you are constraining them in a way no other weapon is constrained and that makes their use fundamentally unfun.

While there are out there weapons with a very high ammo cost no other weapon type forces you to constantly collect ammo for it from a rare ammo pool at that,

These changes quite simply make the weapons unusable, you should really increase the maximum ammo count to something reasonable, say the base  max ammo for bows, lets not forget those all get innate punch through which also gives them great crowd damage, just in a different way.

I don't know why some of you guys are complaining about the explosive's ammo nerf. I barely used more than 10 - 20 ammos on my explosives on any run b4 I got it filled up again. And about using sniper ammo, so what! Explosives are EXTREMELY good crowd control weapons. Just one pull on the trigger there's a great chance I would see a sniper ammo on the floor.

Edited by -JHL-

ok..... im interested...

if its not the corpus freeze ray im gonna be irate. the thread already falsely induced the thought you were going to fix avalanche so it was useful again.

keep shattering dreams and hopes, its ok ill just pull a robin williams....

too soon?