Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ammo Nerf Protest

TX10000

I bet if launchers had such ammo pool from the very begining, nobody would really give a damn as it's still too much with how easily you can get more ammo or just drop a restore pad..

So to reach wave 50, you needed to spend 500 restore pads, i'm not laughing.

I bet if launchers had such ammo pool from the very begining, nobody would really give a damn as it's still too much with how easily you can get more ammo or just drop a restore pad..

exactly in ANY game, launchers hace very few ammo... and nobody "protests" because that is common, regular and normal, sometimes i believe that here in this community we have some very very very "special" specimens.

Edited by Orbister

I'm almost exclusively a solo player and ancients or not its makes little difference. I learnt to duck and weave and avoid getting hit most of the time (with banshee no less).

I adapted and the players that can't adapt effectively are normally the ones complaining about every single change DE makes, whether it be a nerf, buff or something else they are never happy and inevitably end up freaking out and doomsaying for months at a time. This change was necessary. Bring it up to 30 maybe, but much more then that and it will make 0 difference.

I'm not being servile, its just you're reaction and perceived solution to get what you want is really entitled.

We were warned, it was discussed with us.

I'm sorry but I strongly dissagree with the entire premise behind this thread.

"OH no now everything will be nerfed, lol nerfframe!"

This type reaction and pathological fear of any change at all Is priceless and all too common unfortunately.

As you can see from the count of my post, these are my ever 1st reactions or posts. As i'm saying since i've joined, warframe has not been improving on my enjoyment. I kept adapting over and over and i kept silent, but my resilience kept building up and now i really regret spending even a penny on this ... thing it has become.

exactly in ANY game, launchers hace very few ammo... and nobody "protests" because that is common, regular and normal, sometimes i believe that here in this community we have some very very very "special" specimens.

Another of the 5 wavers.

People have been able to reach wave 50 without launchers (booben anyone?) among other things for a long time.

Also, did you consider that wave 50 is when you start reaching the end of what the game balanced for?

Reminds me of the classic argument that "400+ min survivals aren't possible anymore" when trin was rebalanced.

Fun fact: thats because you're not supposed to go for that long, the game is no longer balanced for such things as confirmed by the devs. Wave 50 is no different, its really the end of what the game is balanced for. After that, you're on your own.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

In seriousness though, I like my semi-automatic rifles. So I'm used to picking my shots.

You're thinking, "psshh, but you don't have ammo efficiency problems."
Correct. But I actually have to aim since missed shots are punished and waste my time. Which is the boat that launchers are put in.

If you really don't think 5 pocket nukes in one magazine isn't enough to demolish heavies and a good majority of the enemies you find, then I feel no sympathy.

In seriousness though, I like my semi-automatic rifles. So I'm used to picking my shots.

You're thinking, "psshh, but you don't have ammo efficiency problems."

Correct. But I actually have to aim since missed shots are punished and waste my time. Which is the boat that launchers are put in.

If you really don't think 5 pocket nukes in one magazine isn't enough to demolish heavies and a good majority of the enemies you find, then I feel no sympathy.

We are very far from talking about nukes, hope you see that at least.

Edited by TX10000

I can't believe all the braindead complaining about this...

GRENADE LAUNCHERS CAN'T HAVE 500+ AMMO, ITS JUST RIDICULOUS accept it! accept a freaking challenge!

What the hell do you all want?! a weapon that shoots flaming weapons with swords attactched to those weapons that at the same time shoot lasers from their tips?! face it! it was ridiculous, this kind of changes make the game smarter and better, complaining about this is just dumb not even in Saints row the third and iv (the most ridiculous games ever) launchers had so much ammo, they even had VERY LOW ammo, can you imagine that? not even in a mindless satirical game launchers have a lot of ammo, thats how ridiculous it was that in this game, which pretends to be a little, at least a little more serious grenade launchers had 500+ ammo, it was nonsense, and GAMEBREAKING.

For effing sakes. YES, everyone knows the 540 pool was too huge and expected a nerf some time, but now its down to a TWENTY pool. You should probably take the time to read the OP before replying. 

I really enjoyed playing this game back in U7.5, but since then my fun went down the hill...

I recognize that having 500+ ammo in my penta, even having 200+ of ogris is way too much, but reducing it to below 100 simply defeats the whole idea of having it, or even of reaching the higher mastery ranks.

*sighs so much that I end up breathing fire*

The fact is that the weapons are insanely powerful. 

Your reasoning behind bringing it up is that "i don't want to go down there and get some ammo". That is lazy talk.

Oh you're going to die?

Well that's what your team mates are for.

We are very far from talking about nukes, hope you see that at least.

I see  Ogris/Penta player has an AOE weapon. And instead of using just enough ammo to demolish most of the wave, they use everything they have to make sure there aren't even any pieces large enough to pick up. This, of course, being standard operating procedure.

As it stands, you may have to settle for leaving around slightly larger pieces to pick up.

For effing sakes. YES, everyone knows the 540 pool was too huge and expected a nerf some time, but now its down to a TWENTY pool. You should probably take the time to read the OP before replying. 

i read what he said but 100+? really? how about 50? that would be near "reasonable"

Oh! I didnt realize you were one of those people who stand on ledges on ODD alone....... That explains why you keep running out of ammo.. Maybe you should pick your targets, jump in for melee and and use your secondary..  But hey, whatever floats your boat!

Your reasoning behind bringing it up is that "i don't want to go down there and get some ammo". That is lazy talk.

Oh you're going to die?

Sorry but not everyone brings a Launcher to ODD where there is a central place for ammo. Launchers can be used in Survivals and regular missions as well and enemies don't guarantee a sniper ammo drop especially for a capacity of 20.

Ammo reduction for launchers was something I'd wanted for quite some time. Sorry to say it but I disagree with your protest. Considering how powerful the Penta, Ogris and Angstrum are, letting them have 540 (or in the Angstrum's case hundreds) of spare rounds was just downright silly. I mean, in other games with rocket launchers and grenade launchers, how much spare ammo for these high powered weapons do they let you have? Because it's usually less than 10. Maybe up to 20.

I don't usually run with launcher as they were not my thing, but today I dusted it off to see the "big scary" nerf...and as far I could tell, it actually feels good to use them now. We got to wave 30 just fine just like always. Sure there were one or two rounds that I actively had to throw chaos and pick someone up as well as pick up extra ammo. Then at the end of the round, I simply wouldnt spam grenades and looked for more ammo simultaneously. You know, actually playing the game. 

And I can hear the outrage already "How DARE DE makes us look for ammo!!!" Hell, I've been doing that with my braton, braton prime, soma, paris, paris prime, dread, akbolto, twin gremlins, akzani, dex furis, furis, ak furis......see where i'm going?? My soma has a dedicated slot for ammo mutation as well as the fast firing secondaries. And on some like the dex, I even run the extra ammo mod. 

So no, taking off 60% the added 60% dmg mod and replacing it with a bigger magazine size did not break the game, or make it less fun(I would say it the opposite, really). 

PS. on the angstrum, yes, on that one maybe the nerf was too much. It kinda felt like the twin vipers feel: situational and kinda gimmicky. But nothing a few change of mods can't fix. Maybe 35? but this ill save for another thread where feedback is actually being requested.

Sorry but not everyone brings a Launcher to ODD where there is a central place for ammo. Launchers can be used in Survivals and regular missions as well and enemies don't guarantee a sniper ammo drop especially for a capacity of 20.

I bring a Hate to nearly every mission I go on plus the new dual machine pistol weapons (forgot their names). When ever I run out of ammo, I go down and I fight for it.

Oh you're going to die?

The nerf affects your teammates as well, how could they help you if they cannot fight through the crowd anymore to help you? (not speaking about wave 5).

The nerf affects your teammates as well, how could they help you if they cannot fight through the crowd anymore to help you? (not speaking about wave 5).

Simple. 

They fire at the enemies around you. 

You seem to assume that without launchers, everyone is so weak that they can't do anything with out.

You are horribly wrong.

Oh! I didnt realize you were one of those people who stand on ledges on ODD alone....... That explains why you keep running out of ammo.. Maybe you should pick your targets, jump in for melee and and use your secondary..  But hey, whatever floats your boat!

Why does everyone refer to ODD? Running out of ammo can be elsewhere, not just ODD. Maybe you should think outside the box. But hey, whatever floats your boat, right?