Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

14.2 Torid Feedback

Seanjuju

• Torid changes:
        - Impact of Projectile: 15% Proc Chance.
        - Gas Cloud changes:
            - Now has 10% Critical Chance.
            - Now 2x Critical Multiplier
            - Now has 40 DPS in Gas Cloud.
            - Damage radius increase from 1.75m to 3m

1. No critical hits in the gas

2. AoE has not increased

It still feels like the impact of the grenades have too much damage and the gas has too little. Very noticeable damage gap.

Awaiting the rest of the changes.

Edited by Seanjuju

I have no idea why they even added critical chance to the cloud to begin with. Stupid "design" choice. 

Like you say, the projectiles themselves got fairly high damage and the cloud they generate is laughably small with low damage and low status proc chance. Torid is supposed to be a weapon that deal damage by stacking clouds but having almost non-existent ammo don't allow for such tactics.

What DE should do is increase the base ammo, increase the size of the cloud by lots and increase the DPS of the cloud further. Not adding something as silly as critical strikes.

The gas won't damage ragdolled enemies

e34fdd95ea2fe40485d41b20f77acce3.png

My Torid is supposed to deal 400 damage per tick, but how many 400's you see there? None, even though there are at least a dozen of enemies in that pile.

Crits are indeed broken. I have no idea about the radius though. It feels bigger, but visually it has not changed.

Edited by PeanutMonster

From my experience the cloud is bigger, i dont think i saw a lot of crits. Wasnt really paying attention since now there's a whole mess of numbers popping up.  The ammo count is, of course, horrible for this weapon that is based around creating large no-go zones where the damage kills enemies over time. I think DE for some strange reason is still looking at this thing as a bullet weapon where you actually aim to hit with the nade and the cloud is nothing but a bonus.

The gas won't damage ragdolled enemies

e34fdd95ea2fe40485d41b20f77acce3.png

My Torid is supposed to deal 400 damage per tick, but how many 400's you see there? None, even though there are at least a dozen of enemies in that pile.

I think the loadout screen is bugged, my says nearly 5k damage from gas with 336 from cold which is ridiculous. 

The cloud was doing closed to the mentioned 40 dps, never paid attention to the nade damage but i was not one-shooting heavies with it.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

I assure you, the AoE has not increased. I've checked 3 or 4 times since you've each posted.

I've only played once but it seems like the area of the cloud has gotten bigged.

I actually have before and after vids that i am making right now, when i post them we can see and compare.

I am seeing way more number pop up than before with less shots. I havent tried any scientific method of measuring but it looks like this did change.

I've only played once but it seems like the area of the cloud has gotten bigged.

I actually have before and after vids that i am making right now, when i post them we can see and compare.

I am seeing way more number pop up than before with less shots. I havent tried any scientific method of measuring but it looks like this did change.

There's no change. Your vids will confirm it. Feel free to post them here when you finish. 1.75m to 3.00m should be very noticeable. I've been testing out the Torid since the changes were announced and I'm almost positive. I admit its difficult because the visuals have been toned down a lot.

Edited by Seanjuju

I assure you, the AoE has not increased. I've checked 3 or 4 times since you've each posted.

^ gotta agree with this

the aoe damage has not been increased

the only benefit of the new torid is the initial damage that it does hitting the enemy from the start...i think the impact damage is just perfect to be honest with you.....the aoe damage is just moot in high level areas.....actually the aoe damage is just terrible period.

torid is definitely not a primary to use in solo situations either (without ammo restores)

i ran out of ammo at 40/130 enemies in void....ran out of ammo on 35/115 enemies in the highest level corpus exterm

if you do not perfectly hit the targets.....you wasted one piece of ammo....and the aoe damage isnt big enough or strong enough to put a dent into enemies of higher levels....let alone some mid level enemies

as shown in the photos...the only effective way to use the torid is to have an area where you can gather enemy units....but sadly he aoe damage does nothing to them

the increase in aoe range is barely noticeable to me

Edited by sekushiiandee

I was using Torid to shoot enemies in the face, and the cloud was just a bonus. Now DE nerfed it to the ground, so it can't be used as a semi-auto rifle anymore, but it can't yet be used as a launcher neither.

Kinda like with the very first Frost nerf, from one-trick pony to a no-trick pony.

I was using Torid to shoot enemies in the face, and the cloud was just a bonus. Now DE nerfed it to the ground, so it can't be used as a semi-auto rifle anymore, but it can't yet be used as a launcher neither.

Kinda like with the very first Frost nerf, from one-trick pony to a no-trick pony.

How was it nerfed?

I agree, that ammo reduction nerf was probably the last nail in the coffin. Torid needed ammo to deal damage, unlike the other launchers who lay waste to a single room per rocket/grenade shot.

Since the ammo has been dropped, and hardly anyone used the Torid before, I personally would have gone NUTS with the buff..

Projectile damage Reduced to 50 impact (penta)

Gas radius increased to 15m  ROARR

Gas damage increased to 2000 BASE over 10 seconds

Pop... Launcher...

Friendly fire is an interesting issue.

Gas radius increased to 15m  ROARR

You do realise that is the length of a small room in Warframe, and the subsequent area can cover most, if not all, of said small room, right?

Asking for maybe around 5m would be more reasonable (I would go for 4m radius myself). 

Sadly the only way to make Torid effective right now is to use Mirage with hall of mirrors.

Of course it shouldn't be this way.

I pray to the gods that de will make a fix for Torid.... but tbh , I can't see it happening anytime soon. It took them months to get this far after damage 2.0.

I agree with others here. Ammo should be about 40 for Torid with the gas cloud doing more damage.

A great shame really as the Torid is a really fun weapon.

We should maybe link this topic to o e of the DE staff?

Edited by Whitewolf..UK..

The ammo increase from 20 to 30 is nice.

It's 20 now. 

Torid actually needs more ammo than Pwnta or Ogris because it doesnt do nearly as much damage.

Cloud AOE could be enlarged from 3 to 5 to be on par with Penta.  It has very high proc chance, so you can use it for viral and some cc procs too.

Edited by Monolake

It's 20 now. 

Torid actually needs more ammo than Pwnta or Ogris because it doesnt do nearly as much damage.

Cloud AOE could be enlarged from 3 to 5 to be on par with Penta.  It has very high proc chance, so you can use it for viral and some cc procs too.

Torid ammo should be Rifle ammo, not sniper...

It's 20 now. 

There appears to be a bug that changes it to 30 if you're using a secondary that uses sniper ammo.

I'll edit that part out.