Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[U15 Megathread] Archwing/syndicates/limbo (It's Here Edition)

Letter13

Ninja are mercenaries, traditionally speaking. No, I don't think theres a lot of ninja elements to warframe. Which is why I think the whole archwing thing will do fine here. I think we sometimes get a little to caught up in the semantics of the game, I don't care personally if Im "ninja" or not. that particular element while clever as a catch phrase "ninjas play free", is really nothing more than that, and once any person gets into the game, I'd imagine that idea evaporates pretty quickly.

Ok so when is people going to realize that the space-ninja thing is not bad, in fact it's logical...we're in space why wouldn't we go outside? don't you see the potential in it? it seems ilogical not to!

saying it doesn't look ninja is stupid in my opinion, the game is not ALL ABOUT ninja, we have space, ships, dojos and everything, the next logic step that should have been taken long time ago (DE has wanted this for a long time now? is having space walks and space missions, the space is BEAUTIFUL

Edited by Domaik

OMG! I UNDERSTAND THE CATCH FRAZE NOW!

You start warframe as a glass canon with weapons that can't do anything, you can't get into bad situations, so you have to kill enemies one by one trying to not get detected. LIKE A NINJA!

You have to be a Ninja to be able to play Warframes Begin game!!! So once you get past the ninja wall, you are now accustom and the game becomes easy.

So technicly only ninjas can play warframe free, because only ninjas can get past Warframes begin game without buying plat!

ur right, flyinng in space it doesn't seems ninja. But use a rocket launcher, a machingun, laser rifles, shotguns, hand cannons and stuff like that is so ninja.

I don't really care about things like that, i just want the game to be fun

Edited by Godli

I rather like to look at it as DE's attempt to an open map, like in FarCry. Ninjas are stealthy, but also adapt to any situation and think outside the box to complete even the most complex mission. And because Warframe is set in the distant future, ninjas in that time have changed alot. And from what we know, the other 3 factions cannot go into space without using proxys like the corpus, or space combat suits or small ships.

Seriously? Can we just say it will be awesome because, well, it IS awesome?

And referring to wikipedia (first paragraph) like Fo0tstep did, ninja doesn't always stealthy; they use anything to get the job done without strict rules of honor and combat. Once again, WITHOUT STRICT RULES OF HONOR AND COMBAT.

So heavy iron-skinned frame with rocket launcher while flying in space are totally allowed.

No, but I'm also remembering I can't viably use 80% of the weapons I've farmed, Dark Sectors are still nowhere near complete, PvP is still a hot mess, still can't release kubrows, melee weapons are still lacking depth in combos, some rare mods are next to impossible to find, and they're crucial to the system itself, chat system is still garbage, trade still hasin't been addressed, defense rewards despite discussion still haven't been streamlined versus survival. We still have yet to see reason to amass in spectre armies, or their intended purpose other than a one time companion. Bosses were said to be changed, and made to be more than a sequence of invulnerable phases, the laundry list of warframes who need some attention. New player experience is still rather lackluster, the new shattered mods also cause confusion, and lead people to be ripped off for a maxed broken serration. Mastery system is still, just a vague number gating you from a couple of weapons. Delta beacons are still next to impossible to find. Not to mention the hundreds of holes in map physics that we get stuck in, and are near impossible to report. Ash still has the jesus mode bug, and he also needs some work.

But, you know, whatever. Space wings right?

Hey, just fyi, the devs have addressed a lot of those problems during TennoLive. U15 is aeons away right now, at least half of those things should be fixed by then. You're focusing too much on your aversion to this Archwing concept and blinding yourself to everything they've stated in conjunction with the reveal. Watch the recent dev streams, watch for the dev comments/replies in the forum, and even submit questions to be answered in the streams, and you may find that a lot of these very valid things you're worried about are being addressed. And some not, and if that's the case say so objectively and constructively man, you're actually important to these devs, we all are, they express that very often, so use that however you can to bring this stuff up and hopefully spur on affirmative action.

Flying In Space Doesn't Seem Ninja

Explain to me how a grenade launcher / war hammer / Axe / Sniper Rifles / Laser Rifles have been more ninja than flying ninjas.

What you understand as the term "ninja" is simply the wrong explaination for it. Ninjas are not the TV made warriors. Ninja used everything in their arsenal to do the job. They had to be creative to fullfill their mission. And so do the Tenno

Hey, just fyi, the devs have addressed a lot of those problems during TennoLive. U15 is aeons away right now, at least half of those things should be fixed by then. You're focusing too much on your aversion to this Archwing concept and blinding yourself to everything they've stated in conjunction with the reveal. Watch the recent dev streams, watch for the dev comments/replies in the forum, and even submit questions to be answered in the streams, and you may find that a lot of these very valid things you're worried about are being addressed. And some not, and if that's the case say so objectively and constructively man, you're actually important to these devs, we all are, they express that very often, so use that however you can to bring this stuff up and hopefully spur on affirmative action.

I've tried all that, it's a waste of time. Unless you're a pie eyed forward thinking shill you're not going to get anything answered, addressed or noticed.

And a lot of the crap I mentioned has been addressed in prior streams, and streams before that..etc

Edited by DirkDeadeye

What is "ninja" has so many different meanings to so many different people that it's hard to quantify. Given the context, though, space combat via zipping around in a personalized armorsuit seems a lot more ninja than space combat via some sort of ship; dexterity and mobility are big parts of what most people think of when they hear "ninja," and it's much easier to capture that with something like the Archwing than through traditional space flight.

Personally I think it's pretty cool.

I mean, I kinda feel like this whole game doesn't seem "ninja like".  Aren't Warframes ninjas?  Cause the only "ninja" thing I see in this game are: wall-running and stance combos.... but people call them "space ninjas"

And NOW comes ARCHWING.  Yea ninjas flying in space really feels ninja.... It's like one of those games flying some sort of spaceship... doesn't that not sound like "ninjas"?  Are we gonna farm for stuff while flying in space?  Like trying to get a stupid mod in midair and missing the mod by 1 millimeter every time you try to get it... Honestly I also hate flying games, annoys me a lot.  I like Warframe because it takes place on the ground.

Do you guys think Archwing Update makes things "ninja"?

There's a difference between what the media shows ninja, and what a ninja actually is, ninjas are more like hired mercinaries

I really hope it's not a railroad map or mission.I prefer a huge map where we will be able to fly around and there will be different objectives for each tenno (or together) to do.

For example: Let's say we are launched outside of Saturn inside the asteroid belt and there are 3 or more objectives like: Destory enemy platoon, destroy enemy base or even retrieve mission which can be tied to the quest system (but that's for another discussion).Of course the enviroment would play a huge part for this kind of missions (avoiding asteroids and stuff like that)

What do you think?

Also,please remember that this is just a speculation.

(for comm moderators: Please do not merge this thread with the Hype one.)