The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[U15 Megathread] Archwing/syndicates/limbo (It's Here Edition)

Letter13

Welll in this rate...i can't play warframe...

They pushing to much for my PC since update 14...and now this?

Sad moment for me... :( 

My pc will crash a lot... :(

True : if it hits my pc too hard, I won't play it much. I was chillin' before U14, but things begin to overwhelm my potato now. :p

They'd better offer performance tweaks in the mean time...

People see what they want to see.

Personally? I see a technological archangel descending from on high to deliver the Lotus' wrath, not an anime.

But that is just me. And yes, also hyped for this.

Even if it is a rail shooter, if they can make it interesting and dynamic (changing from mission to mission) I WILL enjoy it a LOT. I AM going to play it anyway.

Space is my thing. I may fight on the ground but there is only one place for me to feel truly alive. Off it.

Edited by Kalenath

The archwing actually fits within the lore aspect. If you read over mag primes entry on the codex. There is a mentioning of wings having come out of the warframe.

Everything in the codex doesn't have to hop into warframe exactly, I'm only trying to understand the concept better. Even though I read Mag Prime's codex entry, it still didn't agree with me. That's all I'm saying. There's potential and DE is trying to use it; it's good to see them using more of it, but I still don't agree.

We die if we dont have enough air support on Survival missions, yet we can fight in space in our warframes. This is just fanboy service, and i suspect that we will not have full control of space fights.

What comes to mind is instead of running over ships in invasion mission, we will fly over to them.

As we saw with Kubriws, DE cannot keep with hype that they are creating. They show us new content, keep saying that will be great and show us mechanics, and in the end we get something that isnt even close to what they showed us.

Errm, I've been saying for ages that it makes no sense for a full body suit of combat forces fighting primarily in space (on space stations, spaceships etc) to not be sealed and contain at least some life support, and now it turns out that making the suit glow a bit enables us to spend time in the vacuum of space no problem? When why does those windows on corpus ships give us so much trouble and how does survival missions work?

You dont agree like those tenno are energy theory guys cant accept the fact that its mentioned everywhere that we are out of flesh and blood.

Its fitting the lore and there will always be those kind of players that just cant identify with it. You just cant serve everyone right. Deal with it.

I liked it. It just made me feel much more superior than our enemies.

And for those survival bla bla talkers. Just watch the stream again. Theres work in progress for survival 2.0 making the old system redundant.

Edited by sp33chle55

Liset is not a Fighter craft. It is meant for Stealth. It's great at slipping in and out at high speed but it is not built for actually dogfighting.

We don't fight in the Liset because that isn't the purpose of the Liset. 

Besides that, Archwings will no doubt open up an even wider variety of different customization options for both the players to enjoy and for DE to work with while trying to expand the Market and Arsenal.

In Mag Prime CODEX Entry:

"...I was in a dying dream. I saw a bright spot blurring and weaving toward me. I felt a tug toward it from the metal clasps on my suit. It reached me, rising up - a gleaming beast, a plume of golden wings rising and unfolding behind it. An angel. It snatched me from my death. I could feel my lungs fill as it wrapped me in its wings. Its Void Shield shimmered blue, strained under the enemy beams. I felt a suddenly tug of acceleration. I closed my eyes and held on it like a child. ..."

Could that be...archwing? Or maybe...ARCHWING PRIME!!!

Already stated

This will probably crash my PC. Also I really wish that they'd just spend more time hardcore fixing bugs and reworking bad design decisions before making new content.
All the same, I can't be mad with DE, not when they keep coming up with stuff like this...

Hang on, so we can soon fly around in space outside the ship/stations which is cool n all.....

......but how come we can't survive more than a few minutes inside a ship/station with no life support without constantly popping life support canisters?

=/

....and if these Archwings give you life support - then why the hell don't we get one for survival missions....?

/hype

/me sits patiently and waits for Archwing Prime

giphy.gif

Edited by Snapsix

If this is for people that are leaving the mission prematuraly (which is what it sounds like from ordis) it will be really good. But if it's more gameplay hopefully they will remove the "railroad" because it doesn't fit in with the current game play. Will just have to wait and see.

Edited by Postal_pat

I can live with this update. Not gonna say I love the idea, but I can deal with this. One thing really ticks me off from the trailer though, the Lotus forsaken  giant rectangular sword. That has to be the most ridiculous looking weapon ever to appear on this game. I mean, come on, it's been done to death already. I'm really disappointed with DE, the lack of creativity on the weapons showcased is mind boggling. It seems DE is just attempting to cash in on other franchises with look-alike content. 

Then again, I may be worrying over nothing and everything showcased was simply placeholder but the quality, and the fact it took them a year to get this done, says otherwise. Guess we'll see on the next Devstream, which is,according to Rebecca, 2 weeks from now on Sept. 5'th. 

All this talk about Gundams, yet no one remembers Dragonar? How sad...

Hell, no one even remembers Gredizer Double Spazer.

I feel so old now.

I'm so going to be the only person going SCRANDER ON when the Archwing attaches to my Warframe...

+1 for the Mazinger Z reference, but wasn't the term "SCRANDER CROSS"?

Great, now I Imagine my Character and the archwing transforming into a giant fist, crashing through the Fomorian ship.

Edited by eisenkaiser