The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[U15 Megathread] Archwing/syndicates/limbo (It's Here Edition)

Letter13

so many anime fans in this forums and they think the world revolve arround it

Says the guy who uses the name of the character from All You Need Is Kill. That name comes from a manga and pretty close to anime. So you are the one to judge people.

From the reveal, its pretty easy to see that this is not a onrail shooter that's the 1st problem people where worried about, but from the trailer you can see Excalibre turn around and change directions. So 1st problem eliminated.

That's what I thought too, on the positive, hopeful side.  If you can stop and change directions, then it's probably not on rails. 

However, back to the "unknown" side: that might not be footage of gameplay but just something scripted in the game engine for the advert.

edit:

how are we able to stand outside of ships now for so long? 
hypothesis:
maybe archwing overpowers our shields and we can withstand the vacuum? or the warframes are fine in vacuum?
how about oxygen? archiwing supplies us with o^2 also?

one link for coldest planets and maybe hot for update 25 :P
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Which_planet_in_our_Solar_System_is_the_coldest_one

Edited by Gio21

i watched carefully now tennolife 2014: gamescom

as i even like to critisize because its needed for development in general i have to share:

great to see warframe developing/moving in the right direction, im very glad to see the next steps coming and as it look like it will be really great

glad to be a 7ENNO inbetween so many =)

Exactly what most players would do. Call us ninjas in space or whatever, but the way the game functions makes us mercenaries, with Lotus as the coordinator.

Well, they already confirmed in one of the devstreams that Lotus truly is on our side, so no worries of her betraying the Tenno. At least, not yet.

Hmmm... What if the Lotus was actually playing a game within the game. You know like she's actually the Lotus and the ruling heads of the other factions, and she's playing a tactical game with her pawns, pitting them against each other... Like a game of super-chess. :)

Maybe she's actually the head of the Sentients...

Edited by CedarDpg

There are literally THOUSANDS of Anime/Manga and Non-Anime/Manga and games that have mechs or human mech hybrids that resemble Archwings and what they do. Don't be an idiot they are not copying any one specific thing/look. They are just doing something else extremely cool. We just hope it is done before super long. I think Ordis was just a pre-cursor...to get us comfortable with being in space that flying of the ship during loading was definitely a taste. 14.5 may be mid september and MAYBE U15 towards early November?

DE said that they like to make Big updates every 3 months, not exactly 3 months but as close as possible.

November seems the most likely for this update. :)

Also ya, Mechs are not a copy/paste thing, BECAUSE THERE A GENRE! you can't copy genres. 

1. Will the extraction scenario that causes us to use Archwing be RNG or caused by a specific mission type?

2. Will this become the new way to travel between our ship and our destination? I would love to be able to board ships this way. It could replace the boring old grate prime intro. Our Liset drops us into space, we fly to the ship, break past defenses, and board it after blowing a hole in it.  

3. Will there be specific game modes tailored to the archwing?

4. With the addition of piloting our warframes in space, this is somewhat opening the door to 'piloting our ships' even more.

You know that right?

5. Life support. It seems to me that if we are to pilot archwings in space, the life support capsules in survival make even less sense. 

6. Missions on the surfaces of planets that require infiltration to enemy territory via archwing, and even perhaps air to ground assault, would be so amazing.

7. Archwings: The way it was deployed onto excalibur looked very cool. Will each frame have their own animation for equipping their archwing?

8. Will we be able to build various types and styles of archwing or will everyone get 'one' archwing model for free as we did liset? 

9. Will there be archwing skins?

10. Will we be crafting weapons to use with archwing or will we use our basic weapons?

11. The melee weapon excal was using while piloting the archwing looked pretty neat. Will we be crafting these weapons or is it something that comes with the archwing.

12. Will there be some sort of PVP archwing combat? If so, i would like a 'to the death' style, but also a friendly type. Perhaps friendly sport type pvp competitions of sorts could be held by clans  / alliances using the schema aspect of editing a level. 

You guys are in over your heads and I am excited to see how above and beyond you go just to show us once again that you arent playing around when it comes to making warframe better and better.

1.) I'm gonna hope it'll come at the end of a specific mission type to appease both the "OMG so cool! I want" & the "This is lame & I better not be forced to do this" people. 

But at the same time, it could be RNG because it seems like the ship you're on is being attacked by the opposing faction, so it wouldn't matter what mission type you were doing, as long as you're a Grineer or Corpus ship. That's just what it seems like.

2.) I doubt that. Most of the our missions begin with dropping in through a grate prime because we're supposed "ninjas" & it aids in our supposed "stealthy" reputation. Tenno don't originally intend on their presence being detected when infiltrating an opposing faction's ship. 

3.) Probably as the game progresses post release.

4.) Eh. Personally, I don't think so but I'd love the ability to fly my ship around for purely aesthetic purposes. 

5.) That's why they're replacing survival missions on planets. It "doesn't make sense." They said it themselves. Besides, to me, it appears that either A.) The Liset/ORDIS supplies you with some sort of LS (life support) or some sort of Shield Tech (in the trailer you can see the Liset fly over Excal & his suit shines a very obvious light blue followed by a "power up" animation) or B.) the Archwing supplies you with some sort of Life support. 

6.) Not sure why infiltration on planets would require an Archwing when the Liset itself is a stealth ship that can't even be detected by Grineer/Corpus ships in space. But...would be cool nevertheless. 

7.) I highly doubt it. We don't have Frame specific weapon equips, extractions, drop offs, etc, why would we get one for that? 

8.) I'm gonna go with the latter, though it would be cool to be able to build different Archwings. 

9.) I'm gonna say yes, at some point. 

10.) Looking at the trailer, it seems the Archwings comes with default weapons. However, being able to craft Archwing specific weapons would be neat. 

11.) The weapons Excal used look like default weapons to me. 

12.) Maybe later on down the line. It would be cool.

Wait, I just remember something. J4 Golem's map is basically the boss fight itself. What if we get to use the Archwing and fight against him in space? Wasn't he suppose to be like a mutated ship or something (correct me if I'm wrong).

Wait, I just remember something. J4 Golem's map is basically the boss fight itself. What if we get to use the Archwing and fight against him in space? Wasn't he suppose to be like a mutated ship or something (correct me if I'm wrong).

That's an interesting theory but I don't believe they're connected - at least not yet. It's entirely possible given that J3 is supposedly comparable in size to Lephantis, if not larger. Anything's possible at this stage.

Also guys to be honest see are hyping ourselves to much here cause it is very far the update...

Generally updates take 2 months +- a week. U14 took about 3 months.

So I wouldn't say "very far" because somehow I doubt that it would suddenly take half a year or something. Especially since they said that they have been working on Archwing for a YEAR now.

U14 was a month ago. Let's give it the benefit of the doubt and say it takes another 2 months (simply because we need to get our hands on 14.5 first). Then it would be on par with U14.

Edited by Shehriazad

U14 was a month ago. Let's give it the benefit of the doubt and say it takes another 2 months (simply because we need to get our hands on 14.5 first). Then it would be on par with U14.

I'm hoping that it gets released in September, but it will probably in October since the Archwing is probably still buggy.