The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[U15 Megathread] Archwing/syndicates/limbo (It's Here Edition)

Letter13

Welp, at the very earliest it's tomorrow evening. They've still got Limbo to show off, after all.

...and Sigils.

...and Ice Planet tileset.

...and if they REALLY want to rub it in our noses there's always the Archwing Primary weapons.

...hell, if he's ready there might even be the new J3. I doubt THAT though.

The scrollbar designates itself as about halfway down the page, and the graphics appear to have enough distance for 1 more forward motion (before the background stops getting closer). So we're either halfway there (which means somewhere around the beginning of next week, since it started on Friday), or 1-2 days away. I'm going to continue hoping that we get it tomorrow evening/Friday morning (EST person checking in), but I'm not going to hold my breath. Back to void farming and maxing stuff for me.

Welp, at the very earliest it's tomorrow evening. They've still got Limbo to show off, after all.

...and Sigils.

...and if they REALLY want to rub it in our noses there's always the Archwing Primary weapons.

The scrollbar designates itself as about halfway down the page, and the graphics appear to have enough distance for 1 more forward motion (before the background stops getting closer). So we're either halfway there (which means somewhere around the beginning of next week, since it started on Friday), or 1-2 days away. I'm going to continue hoping that we get it tomorrow evening/Friday morning (EST person checking in), but I'm not going to hold my breath. Back to void farming and maxing stuff for me.

Poor kid's delusional.

Im finding this kind of strange. I know DE doesn't really abide by patterns or standards, but in the past the teaser sites would go up on a friday or a thursday and would only have 5-6 updates....maybe they're doing something different this time (i hope not) But i have really no idea. 

IMO: It seems kinda of strange for them to release a teaser site for an update that would come out two weeks later

Im finding this kind of strange. I know DE doesn't really abide by patterns or standards, but in the past the teaser sites would go up on a friday or a thursday and would only have 5-6 updates....maybe they're doing something different this time (i hope not) But i have really no idea. 

IMO: It seems kinda of strange for them to release a teaser site for an update that would come out two weeks later

^

Reminds me of the teaser site to dragon nest a few years ago where they would unviel everything slowly everyday over the course of 1 month. Then have us wait another 1-2 weeks after that -.-

1 thing that supports my beliefs for U15 for this week is we're seeing plenty of videos now of the new content *working* individually.

Its just a matter of all being part of a stable build.

on my screen it looks like there is space for 2 more nodes. i doubt it will be based of the scroll bar on the side. im sure that the nodes will end once it hits the bottom of the screen. (above the little text in that corner)

...and Sigils.

the only things that could be shown off are sigils and the new frame. 

ice tileset has already been shown off and we actually got to play on it! its just gonna be re released. and j3 is probably not even close to being finished so i doubt it's gonna be shown. and for the most part we already have been shown most of the archwing weapons before hand. i think opting to show 1 weapon a day is a waste of time -.- 

Edited by Llelouche

Look into the page code.

Mind explaining this? Not all of us understand the code, unfortunately. :(

Also, since you're the one who responded to my last post...why am I delusional? Which part? I'm honestly curious which bit revealed my insanity.

Edited by Samoth95

The teaser site was probably built this time to be able to be extended as needed, probably DE giving themselves some extra space if need be.  I doubt that whether it looks like there are still more nodes to come on the movement scroll bar or not, that it even means anything.  It allows them to add another video if they need to if they have to delay another day. They have already previewed so much of U15 in the last couple of Devstreams we almost don't even need the hype site.

I apologize for the poor wording in this post, I hope I got my point across.

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

on my screen it looks like there is space for 2 more nodes. i doubt it will be based of the scroll bar on the side. im sure that the nodes will end once it hits the bottom of the screen. (above the little text in that corner)

Code on the right bar still shows one placeholder DIV. 

I haven't checked this fragment of code in the previous days, so I don't know if they have been expanding it day after day. 

But from the looks of it, Archwing should release tomorrow. Unless they add yet another DIV to this bar tomorrow. 

I can see nothing in the page code that indicates the update will release today.

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A PROFRESSIONAL WEB PROGRAMMER, I MAY HAVE MISSED SOMETHING.

EDIT: As BrazilianJoe suggested, they have been expanding the page as required, always leaving a spare div. You can use the wayback machine to check this.

Edited by PenutReaper

The teaser site was probably built this time to be able to be extended as needed, probably DE giving themselves some extra space if need be.  I doubt that whether it looks like there are still more nodes to come on the movement scroll bar or not, that it even means anything.  It allows them to add another video if they need to if they have to delay another day. They have already previewed so much of U15 in the last couple of Devstreams we almost don't even need the hype site.

I apologize for the poor wording in this post, I hope I got my point across.

That...yeah that actually makes sense if you think about it. Again, im not jumping to anything unless DE says something but yours sounds the best so far.