Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank You For Watching Tennolive 2014!

DE_Adam

I have mixed feelings. On one hands everyone seemed to have a blast, we had some cool stuff revealed, there was funny stuff...

The new tilesets look promising (just PLEASE put them somwhere it makes sense, not like freaking phobos and mars and venus...). Swimming could be awesome. The arcwings are very promising, but at the same time makes me worry about the treatment of the rest of the game.

Some concerns about the current implementation of kubrows were addressed. Customisation on its way notably. That's good.

On the other hand, it felt clumsy and strangely empty. Cringy even sometimes. Yes Steve, the pink short were funny. No, the butt scoot wasn't. Not the first time, not the second, and certainly not the third. The stalker intervention was pointless.

The Xbawks trailer was a rehash of previous ones. The new melee weapons look cool (again), but bring the topic of mods? Or worse, drop tables? Nonono! We can't talk about that! Nonononono!

In fact, beyond the three giveaways, it wasn't any different from a normal livestream. It was yet another handwaving of concerns with vague promises about superficial fixes and changes, and ten tons of shinies being hyped to hell and back. New stuff! Newer stuff! Newest stuff!

I hate being negative but it's what, the third time? And it get worse every time. U13, U14 and now U15 were all overhyped (let's not forget U13 countdownception), and in the end they brought more problems than they solved. You didn't even BEGIN to solve U14 MAJOR problems, and you're already hyping U15.

I had a blast watching the stream, but in retrospect it was... I don't even know anymore.

Why in the world would they put an oceanic or ice tileset on any of those planets? Why even hint that they might?

Kubrow customization is good. There is some expected worry about Kubrow trading but they'll probably talk about that next devstream.

Your opinion on the butt scoot is your opinion. I thought it was hilarious and endearing. He was having fun - we need more of that going on in events like these instead of some stuffy company guy spewing out rehearsed platitudes about how we should buy their game.

Xbone trailer was fine. It was a mashup of all the other trailers. Other games do this all the time when porting to other consoles. Not to mention, alot is put into those trailers. Can't just build one up and throw it out in a few days. It's obvious they took most of their "trailer" time making the Archwings one, which was smart.

The topic of mods and droptables are boring. Sure, we current players might be interested, but I'll just copy/paste what I stated in another thread:

"Let's also keep in mind that this wasn't just your typical Livestream. While WE might be a little more interested in systems that promote longevity, this was a completely public livestream and thus their best bet was to focus on as much flash and totally new mechanics as possible. That's why they announced the Xbone release. That's why they showed off a new ice world. That's why they showed off new enemies. That's why they showed off new weapon animations. And finally, that's why they showed off the Archwings. This was the perfect opportunity to grab more players, and the best way to do that with the general gamer is to blow their mind with new, shiny stuff."

Stalker intervention was a nice touch, even if "pointless". They flickered the lights and everything. It was more of an enjoyment for the crowd. It was also kind of intriguing that the devs didn't even acknowledge him..which, if you've been watching the old devstreams where they adamantly refuse to acknowledge his existence, was pretty cool.

From the sound of the rest of your post, you really just seem disenfranchised. Yeah they constantly hype new stuff, but they're also fixing the old stuff. Kubrows are still being worked on. The latest update fixed a very long and glaring issue with launchers. Sniper rifles finally got the boost they deserved. Each and every update thread is filled with Fixes. Some large, some small. They might hype up the new stuff, but they haven't forgotten about the old stuff.

All the video reveals from the livestream in 720p for quick upload. Shadowplay desktop capture FTW.

Seriously though? I'd play Wyrmius.

I truly hope that gets in the game somehow xD

edit: Also, someone needs to make a Sheldon dropping the mic gif.

Edited by SoulEchelon

I have mixed feelings. On one hands everyone seemed to have a blast, we had some cool stuff revealed, there was funny stuff...

The new tilesets look promising (just PLEASE put them somwhere it makes sense, not like freaking phobos and mars and venus...). Swimming could be awesome. The arcwings are very promising, but at the same time makes me worry about the treatment of the rest of the game.

Some concerns about the current implementation of kubrows were addressed. Customisation on its way notably. That's good.

On the other hand, it felt clumsy and strangely empty. Cringy even sometimes. Yes Steve, the pink short were funny. No, the butt scoot wasn't. Not the first time, not the second, and certainly not the third. The stalker intervention was pointless.

The Xbawks trailer was a rehash of previous ones. The new melee weapons look cool (again), but bring the topic of mods? Or worse, drop tables? Nonono! We can't talk about that! Nonononono!

In fact, beyond the three giveaways, it wasn't any different from a normal livestream. It was yet another handwaving of concerns with vague promises about superficial fixes and changes, and ten tons of shinies being hyped to hell and back. New stuff! Newer stuff! Newest stuff!

I hate being negative but it's what, the third time? And it get worse every time. U13, U14 and now U15 were all overhyped (let's not forget U13 countdownception), and in the end they brought more problems than they solved. You didn't even BEGIN to solve U14 MAJOR problems, and you're already hyping U15.

I had a blast watching the stream, but in retrospect it was... I don't even know anymore.

I agree, let's keep our critical thinking and not get overhyped.

If arcwings phases don't lfeel too much like a railshooter,don't take a too big part of the gameplay, are well optimized (don't forget about your potato-pc-players please) and don't go old too fast, it might be really interesting.The idea of destroying spaceships is really nice.

However this gundam addition shouldn't affect the aspect of the game that attracted a lot of players : we're space ninja therefore, we also need Stealth & Parkour (and you said it will get an overhaul sooner or later). We could do something about stealth with Spy 2.0 missions for instance,and use parkour for a mobile boss idea,and so on...

The new tilesets look very interesting, and I expect them to come to Uranus(no,it wasn't intended) and Neptune. Swimming would be awesome, but little things such as fire proc damage reduction, Hydroid and Volt passive abilities (and Ember) should also be taken into account. We perhaps will swim alongside the huge fishes from the concept?...

If swimming is added,I hope for more movements tweaks,and Parkour stuff (hanging on ledges and moving sideways for example, you talked about it in a recent devstream)

Tyl Regor : he looks like a threat for sure, but he is too buffed to really fit his scientist role. Maybe add this as a combat suit or something, but doing his experiments with this is somewhat not serious (sorry Mr Mynki).

The Infested Moa units are cool, what about the other concepts? The Manic,the grineer armored kubrow(shown in concept arts,shown in a devstream with animations),the riot moa,the Disgorger,Juggernaut...? I hope these will have answers in the next livestreams (I understand that, as people said above,it was more of a flashy stream in front of a live audience.)

The dual Tonfa look impressive & interesting (I hope the stats are worthy) but what about Mio? You know,the Redskittlez weapon that also won the contest. (He also has another high requested concept,but that's another long story.... :p )

What are the news about Focus,Proxy wars,the Sentients,the Vesper relay, or any endgame/previous livestream content? (I made a thread about all of the pre U14 stuff that are still in the to-do list)

I also expected some words towards "you-know-what-deal". What is the status between you and pwe? Are you still in command?

I got the feeling that devstreams answer less and less important questions (at least, you show us new incoming stuff again. But that feels like a little distraction and you no longer take questions here in the forums: people in the twitch chat don't always post relevant things.It's even quite the opposite.)

In conclusion : overall an average stream imo with cool new stuff but neglecting past & important stuff. That's okay,it was entertaining and we had some fun (a little too much sometimes) but we also were waiting for hints about endgame,stealth,parkour,pwe,wildlife,cloth physics...

(Thank you Rawgritz :) )

Edited by unknow99

Wouldn't it be neat to see the Archwings as a new way to get into ships? Start off in space, fly our way into a shipe, cut our way in, drop through the vent, do the mission and ship out

That makes more sense than having ready-made extraction points at the end of a mission in an enemy ship. :p