Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Evangelion?

-dicht.ThanksFrost-

The wings are definitely more gundam inspired. They use exact poses and motions from gundam. They actually modeled the trailer after a particular battle sequence I recognize, but can't place exactly(all the way down to how the sword was drawn and how the gun was held, not to mention the shapes of each of those, and the wings).

Dude its not just Evangelion that has done that. Every show, game, book, that wants to depict an Angelic winged being has done that exact same thing. Hehe I love this so much I have it as my Wallpaper!!

La17hhd.png

And because its Nudist

“I finally get it now. I need to get naked. Putting on a Kamui means becoming one with you! It means you becoming my skin! That's what it means to master wearing you! Isn't that right, Senketsu?!”

Edited by Senketsu_

Talk about anime ? Mecha Exoskeleton in "I.S" (Infinite Stratos)  Infinite%2520Stratos%2520-%252002%2520-%

Good series. I was glad that they made a second season. And Byakushiki's second shift and the AI that Ichika had to fight in the first season are the closest to angels in this series.

Edited by Iceski13

-snip-

>Gundam SEED

>Not Gundam Wing, or even Build Fighters

bigtarget.jpg

If you're going to use a Gundam reference, at least go for a good show, especially when Wing is a prime example of one based almost entirely around the angelic theme...

ycq5dGAcn.jpg

This, in particular, matches the pose almost identically. If they were to have any inspiration, I would put this over Gundam SEED. In any event, the style of flight is probably closer to other mecha series than Gundam, which usually focuses on larger mechs. As some have mentioned, Infinite Stratos is a good example of the machines themselves, except that I.S. is super-duper wicked fanservice-y (to where I would consider it more "ecchi" than anything).

-mecha nerd, out-

I used Seed because its the only picture I had and I forgot about this guy because I havent watched all of wing yet.

Okay, fair enough. I just like to diss SEED whenever I can because I'd like to distance myself as a Gundam fanboy from the show itself.

2s0i7gj.png

The Star Build Strike even has the main mecha use wings of its own, except that they're energy-based rather than mechanical. I'm actually hoping we get a few variations on the archwing so that we can customize it, and an energy one would be very fitting.

Zone-of-the-enders.jpg

Zone of the Enders, a classic PS2 game, also had exosuits that had wings, and were much closer to the size of the human within them, so they'd be closer to what we're seeing with Warframe. ZotE was also a video game, so there might be some inspiration behind the mechanics there, if any of the devs have played this gem of a game.