Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do People Dislike Coptering?

(PSN)theelix

The players don't make the parkour useless. Parkour is just clunky and unpolished. I will repeat myself once again if we had a decent parkour system players would use it instead of zoren copter.

I am also creator of this thread https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/119650-parkour-has-been-ignored-for-too-long-its-the-key-element-in-making-warframe-gameplay-unique-and-fresh/

does that speak anything to you?

Edited by Aure7

oh come on for F*** sake. Don't even dare compare rocket jumping to coptering, that's disgusting.

- Rocketjumping was a thing before tf2 (born in quake), I believe it was introduced on purpose.

- rocketjumping has very decent animations and and fits fell withing tf2 universe

- rocketjumping makes way more sense in every aspect. It makes sense physically, it makes sense in tf2 where doublejumping scouts are intended and so on.

- rocketjumping is balanced, has drawbacks.

there are even in game items that modify stats of rocketjumping. UNLIKE IN WARFAME WHICH IS SIMPLY AN UNBALANCED EXPLOIT.

Look like I need ask you this question again.

Who are you to decide what is a exploit and what isn't one. A Dev? A Staff member maybe?

Or you are just like that robot and put those sign everywhere

Edit:I'm aware of your thread on parkour,(upvoted it ages ago.) but let's not work backward. When they will improve parkour then removing coptering will make sense.

No_fun_allowed.jpg

Edited by Alphafox

oh come on for F*** sake. Don't even dare compare rocket jumping to coptering, that's disgusting.

- Rocketjumping was a thing before tf2 (born in quake), I believe it was introduced on purpose.

- rocketjumping has very decent animations and and fits fell withing tf2 universe

- rocketjumping makes way more sense in every aspect. It makes sense physically, it makes sense in tf2 where doublejumping scouts are intended and so on.

- rocketjumping is balanced, has drawbacks.

there are even in game items that modify stats of rocketjumping. UNLIKE IN WARFAME WHICH IS SIMPLY AN UNBALANCED EXPLOIT.

It's a perfect comparison w/o drawbacks. :)

Anyone wanting to remove coptering don't understand this game at all imo.

This game is all about fast movement and fluidity.

I  will say this for the 100th time

Without parkour/wall vaulting/coptering there is NO Warframe.

Its the thing that got me hooked and the thing that keeps me playing after 1000 hours.

Why in the hell would anyone remove the best FEATURE of their own game ? and don't tell me it looks ridiculous because that is the lamest excuse ever.

COPTERING4LIFE

it doesn't hurt me that somebody enjoys doing it and even makes a montage out of it.

It hurts when players constantly and repeatedly spam it on absolutely any surface and room, making any current parkour and any upcoming parkour pretty much useless, even abilities like zephyr's tailwind (which costs energy). There will always be that guy that just shoots into the distance looking absolutely $&*&*#(%& because it was initially a bug/exploit, and is still is. Everything in the game feels more or less polished and coptering stands out as something ugly and weird.

+1

Anyone wanting to remove coptering don't understand this game at all imo.

This game is all about fast movement and fluidity.

I  will say this for the 100th time

Without parkour/wall vaulting/coptering there is NO Warframe.

Its the thing that got me hooked and the thing that keeps me playing after 1000 hours.

Why in the hell would anyone remove the best FEATURE of their own game ? and don't tell me it looks ridiculous because that is the lamest excuse ever.

COPTERING4LIFE

I am pretty sure most of copter haters think the same way.

Expect out of all the parkour, coptering is the one that makes all the other "fluid" parkour meaningless. That's why we want it dead, to allow ACTUAL ninja parkour be useful, and hopefully get improvements to it. Again, refer to https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/119650-parkour-has-been-ignored-for-too-long-its-the-key-element-in-making-warframe-gameplay-unique-and-fresh/

I am pretty sure most of copter haters think the same way.

Expect out of all the parkour, coptering is the one that makes all the other "fluid" parkour meaningless. That's why we want it dead, to allow ACTUAL ninja parkour be useful, and hopefully get improvements to it. Again, refer to https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/119650-parkour-has-been-ignored-for-too-long-its-the-key-element-in-making-warframe-gameplay-unique-and-fresh/

parkour is parkour, copter is part of it imo, everything combined makes for the best stuff I've ever played, always finding shortcuts and stuff, imo everything works together and makes it fluid, possibilities are endless ! I prefer letting everyone play like they want and not cut their wings off because I think it looks silly... you don't have to use copter thus remving it yourself... what is the real problem here ? I like to fly ! only game that has that feel bro, I still use everyday parkour too, copter doesn't render the wall parkour useless on the contrary it complements it.

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

parkour is parkour, copter is part of it imo, everything combined makes for the best stuff I've ever played, always finding shortcuts and stuff, imo everything works together and makes it fluid, possibilities are endless ! I prefer letting everyone play like they want and not cut their wings off because I think it looks silly... you don't have to use copter thus remving it yourself... what is the real problem here ? I like to fly ! only game that has that feel bro, I still user everyday parkour too, copter doesn't render the wall parkour useless on the contrary it complements it.

Copter isn't parkour though. There's a tileset in the Grineer asteroid base with some in-line wallrun walls, and yet nobody even bothers using them and instead just copters right past. If we had better wallrunning/parkour, people wouldn't do that as much. In fact I think there are ways we can remove coptering from the game entirely while still keeping that unique mobility option in.

Copter isn't parkour though. There's a tileset in the Grineer asteroid base with some in-line wallrun walls, and yet nobody even bothers using them and instead just copters right past. If we had better wallrunning/parkour, people wouldn't do that as much. In fact I think there are ways we can remove coptering from the game entirely while still keeping that unique mobility option in.

I think I know what your talking about and I'll upload a little something for u real quick ;)

http://youtu.be/sKTFi41G7FY

Is that the tile ?

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

Highlighted the problem.

This is why people don't use parkour.

Highlighted the problem.

This is why people don't use parkour.

Exactly. Coptering itself isn't the problem, the problem is that parkour is so clunky in many situations that people would rather just copter on through. 

Edited by vaugahn

I hate it because there is no reason for it to exist it is a bug/exploit and those should be fixed by DE but they don't mind this one it is just stupid why leave one exploit but not the others  

Because bugs that are fun and make a game deeper should stay while bugs that harm or bypass game concepts should be removed.  FYI, combos in all fighting games are the evolution of a bug in an early street fighter game.

- for whatever reason, the DEv team thinks that coptering = rocket-jumping, but i disagree, rocket-jumping did not have a laundry list of negative correlations with quake that coptering has with warframe

If anything, Coptering is more comparable to Quickscoping from Call of Duty in my opinion.

That tile is fun 

Normal parkour + coptering

http://youtu.be/sKTFi41G7FY

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

Coptering doesn't upset me, I think it's pretty good fun and use it extensively.

But I used rhino for the first time yesterday, and coptering pretty much renders his speed nerf irrelevant.

And I wouldn't miss it. It would mean that warframe speed including sprint and slide mods would actually matter.

Coptering is stupid because it relies on your weapon to slingshot you around. Something thats supposed to be used to melee turns into a tool that slingshots you across the map and turns you into a whirling dervish that circumvents parkour and other movement mechanics presently in the game. What used to be a game that moved at a reasonably fast pace turns into sonic the hedgehog. You zoom past enemies and dangers without any repercussion and leave team mates behind that don't copter/don't have the proper weapon for coptering. You take a warframe that innately moves slow and slap some coptering on it and it doesn't matter. Why learn how to parkour around different parts of tilesets when you can just fling yourself to the other side of the map in 2 seconds?

The game was not developed around coptering so therefor it should be removed. Otherwise I expect DE to put a tutorial into the game for new players to teach them how to copter. If they're going to embrace this technique then they should make it official, not just something they said they weren't going to fix on a devstream because a lot of people like it. If over half the player-base chooses to use this then they shouldn't pick a neutral stance on it. They either need to explain through the game on how to do it or take it out of the game. I could imagine that nothing is more irritating or stupid for new players that cant keep up with these people.

Now, I'm not going to bother reading through the heap of garbage posts in this thread that say "git gud and learn to copter," because frankly I would rather not copter and just go play a different game. If I wanted play the original terrible broken melee korean "hurr durr melee and fly everywhere game" I would go install the original GunZ game. Since I think that game is terrible and I don't want to give myself carpal tunnel I won't play warframe. Plain and simple. 

I really wish they would get rid of this mechanic. Its so ugly and out of place and has no place in warframe.

Edited by grillv20

Warframe has no melee gap closer/dash, basic movement is too slow, enemies are too boring to kill, there is no point to explore the same tileset 1000+ times. DE are too lazy to replace coptering with something as fast.
"But coptering looks stupid!"
Many things in this game are stupid, most animations are bad. Not just coptering. There is no point to remove coptering instead of fixing more important animations and improving overall movement first. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/116872-the-grand-thread-for-animation-improvements-and-fixes-with-gifs/
"Coptering makes no sense!"
There is no consistency in Warframe, lore is almost non-existent. We are suddenly getting @(*()$ wings (that are deployed by a stealth ship that can't extract you) and space combat. Why are you still complaining about coptering?
Also, movement "exploits" exist in a lot of games.

Some dude saying he likes it on a devstream doesn't make it legitimate. When it is removed (not if, but when) I'll be sure to come back and giggle.

Beta players not wanting to get beta bugs fixed= why are you even here

That dude was a dev, and that dude said it wasn't getting removed. It isn't a bug anymore, it has been adopted as a legitimate mechanic.

It is going to be removed. Get it out of your system while you can

Cite your source.

That dude was a dev, and that dude said it wasn't getting removed. It isn't a bug anymore, it has been adopted as a legitimate mechanic.

This brings me back to the animation point once again. When people first started skiing in Tribes (pretty much the exact same situation there as with coptering here) the community went back and forth over and over again about whether it was going to be removed or if it was a bug no matter what anyone said. If they made it look less like a movement exploit, like they did in Tribes, that would silence a lot of complaints.

This brings me back to the animation point once again. When people first started skiing in Tribes (pretty much the exact same situation there as with coptering here) the community went back and forth over and over again about whether it was going to be removed or if it was a bug no matter what anyone said. If they made it look less like a movement exploit, like they did in Tribes, that would silence a lot of complaints.

I'm all for a new animation, I just can't think of anything that could replace what amounts to an aerial attack that flings you.

I'm all for a new animation, I just can't think of anything that could replace what amounts to an aerial attack that flings you.

*nudge nudge, wink wink* Energy boosters are still a top contender. xD At least it makes a tiny bit more sense than spinning in circles with your arms out. 

Edited by (PS4)theelix