The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coptering Discussed In Depth (Like Really In Depth) And Arguments On Why It Needs To Change.

Aure7

Ive been asking myself the same thing, they want to remove the thing that is most fun in the entire game (movement/butt slide/wall vault/coptering) I really don't get it, so instead of raging at these unfun people I decided to let these threads die instead of fueling the fire.

Oh hey, you're back. Did you at least read the OP this time?

Ive been asking myself the same thing, they want to remove the thing that is most fun in the entire game (movement/butt slide/wall vault/coptering) I really don't get it, so instead of raging at these unfun people I decided to let these threads die instead of fueling the fire.

No We Don't.

Obviously you didn't read. After all the posts you've done in this thread, you're either trolling or you haven't read anything.

No one wants coptering to go away. We just want it to be fleshed out, given its own animation, its own systems, and balanced. If bolding and underlining doesn't get your attention, then I'm going to to just label you as a troll and move on.

go for it. all i want out of SpinDashes is for me to get enough forward momentum to use it as a Combat maneuver to quickly flank Enemies or drop on top of them, or whatnot.

if i can use it once in a while when i'm feeling lazy and don't want to 'complete' a room, that's a side bonus.

so outside of a Combat maneuver, go crazy. i'm alright with all of those possible changes. i might be used to how things are now, but that doesn't mean they're in an ideal manner.

go for it. all i want out of SpinDashes is for me to get enough forward momentum to use it as a Combat maneuver to quickly flank Enemies or drop on top of them, or whatnot.

if i can use it once in a while when i'm feeling lazy and don't want to 'complete' a room, that's a side bonus.

so outside of a Combat maneuver, go crazy. i'm alright with all of those possible changes. i might be used to how things are now, but that doesn't mean they're in an ideal manner.

You.

I like you.

I have mastered the movement in this game and still keep finding new stuff I can do every day, I am fine the way it is now, imo possibilities are already endless, so I have nothing else to add and I'll watch this thread die now.

dude you said it will be your last post on this thread like 10 posts ago. You're incredibly stubborn but you also fail to realize that your "arguments" are bouncing off with no affect to this thread/suggestions.

Whats with all these threads recently?  Do people hate fun or something?  What needs to happen to you for your taste to become this S#&$ty?

Simply this.

Too many envious, jealous and hypocrite nerfers on this forum, it is really sad.

Simply this.

Too many envious, jealous and hypocrite nerfers on this forum, it is really sad.

You need to learn a little thing called reading the OP before you post.

I'm not going to say it again, nobody wants to be rid of coptering, simply to have it improved and made more interesting rather than an error in coding that boosts your speed massively with certain weapons.

You need to learn a little thing called reading the OP before you post.

I'm not going to say it again, nobody wants to be rid of coptering, simply to have it improved and made more interesting rather than an error in coding that boosts your speed massively with certain weapons.

I think it's best to simply ignore comments like that, all they do is derange the discussion.

Probably most of this threads discussion has been about crap like that instead of the actual topic..

I think it's best to simply ignore comments like that, all they do is derange the discussion.

Probably most of this threads discussion has been about crap like that instead of the actual topic..

exactly

but hey! free bumps!

I know, I know. They're just so damned ignorant.

Why would you post on something if you don't even have all the information that they're providing in the OP?

Simply this.

It's not even about nerfing.  People just can't accept things as they are, not realizing that coptering is functional as-is and that there are many more pressing matters for DE to consider in the meantime.  It already takes DE a long time to respond to the changing Warframe environment; to indicate that the community wants non-essential changes could cause them to unbalance their priorities in a way that harms the progress of the game.   

In my opinion, coptering's distance should be partially based off of a Warframe's sprint speed. Have it remain a melee attack, but have the distance decided based off of the sprint speed of the Warframe. I would hope that this would give balance to melee weapons and allow mobility abilities to still be useful. (a Rhino with thrak helmet and zones should not out-run a zephyr.)

In my opinion, coptering's distance should be partially based off of a Warframe's sprint speed. Have it remain a melee attack, but have the distance decided based off of the sprint speed of the Warframe. I would hope that this would give balance to melee weapons and allow mobility abilities to still be useful. (a Rhino with thrak helmet and zones should not out-run a zephyr.)

Isn't it already based somewhat off the sprint speed?

Isn't it already based somewhat off the sprint speed?

it's based on melee weapon swing speed.

Walljumps are based on sprint speed though.

And I totally agree that it should also depend on warframe sprint speed. But there would need to be some tweaks to an overall sprinting/stamina mechanics because currently the main reason people copter is because sprinting can be so tedious.

it's based on melee weapon swing speed.

The speed you have going into the copter does affect its speed.  Loki/Nova copter noticeably faster with most weapons.  However, once your speed goes over a certain value (Vanguard Rhino comes to mind) slower weapons can actually lower your speed when you copter.  (Sliding also becomes less beneficial to your sprint past certain speeds as well.)

Edited by RealPandemonium

To please all, how's about we amp up the parkour system to be fluid and have the movement speed be as viable as coptering, as I've seen in your other post Aure, really liked your Parkour 2.0 thread.

I personally don't like having to gimp coptering, to make up for the fact that our parkour is in need of some serious work. Rather, buff the parkour element to make it more appealing. Changing the animations of Coptering to fit the movement would be nice, other than that, I actually like coptering.

This way, people who like coptering don't get offended if it gets a nerf, because with this proposition it won't, and the implementation of your Parkour 2.0 system would please all those who don't want to copter.

Yay or nay Aure? 

To please all, how's about we amp up the parkour system to be fluid and have the movement speed be as viable as coptering, as I've seen in your other post Aure, really liked your Parkour 2.0 thread.

I personally don't like having to gimp coptering, to make up for the fact that our parkour is in need of some serious work. Rather, buff the parkour element to make it more appealing. Changing the animations of Coptering to fit the movement would be nice, other than that, I actually like coptering.

This way, people who like coptering don't get offended if it gets a nerf, because with this proposition it won't, and the implementation of your Parkour 2.0 system would please all those who don't want to copter.

Yay or nay Aure? 

The way I see it, things are fine as they are. There just needs to be more obvious parkour shortcuts.

As I see it, coptering is for straight-shot, horizontal movement, and parkour is for vertical and irregular shaped movement.

Rofl, all i know is that when i see players spamming the copter, i purposely start walking everywhere instead of running or sprinting, and feed on the *@##$ing when they hit the dual lock doors. Hey man, walking is how i have fun! Who are you to tell me not to walk! xD

Yay or nay Aure? 

of course yay. This whole discussion, including parkour thread has been pretty much about that anyway.

of course yay. This whole discussion, including parkour thread has been pretty much about that anyway.

Thank goodness we can come to an agreement. I love your parkour thread, I really do hope that in a future update it, and the other balance threads that have focus on the core issues of the game become the main focus of that update.

I enjoy debating (Read: Debating, not arguing) on whether or not Coptering should continue to exist as a game mechanic, and because of this I have tried my best to argue against the points you brought up in the OP, using a similar format.

Vn7Khir.jpg

I know the argument isn't perfect, mostly because it's late and I don't think I put my thoughts together well, and I probably failed to address a point being made in the OP sufficiently. Feel free to point that out and I'll try and think of something.

Edit: Sorry for the ant-size text. You'll have to click the image to read it.

Edited by ZyklonBenGarrison