Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Many Languages Do You Speak / Are You Studying?

NoeleVeerod

Hi people, I would like to ask you some simple questions.

What languages can you understand and use, aside from your mother tongue (you can indicate that as well)?

Do you study languages / would you like to study one?

From my side, I am native Italian and can understand and speak English. But I am also studying Russian. I'm playing in Russian in case it helps me familiarising with the language. :D

Edited by Vintovka

Polish - native tongue
English - pretty much secondary language, was learning it from pre-school

Russian - almost two years in school

Also I can say "hi" and some other similar words in Suomi. And I know some japanese random words from anime.

Native - Czech (and Slovak - it's really similar language)

Studying - English and Latin (I'm studying veterinary medicine so i need to know some Latin)

Ceased to study - Spanish, German

Anime - Japanese

Edited by Kialandi

As few as I can possible get away with. I studied Italian in High School but never really figured it out. I also spent some time in Israel so I know some Hebrew but not enough for it to be useful. I only speak English.

English - Native

French - Taught by my mother; she's French-Canadian. It's pretty much my second most used language, besides Spanish.

Spanish - Taught to me by my father. His family was from Spain and Italy.

Italian - Taught by my grandmother on my father's side. I'm actually pretty fluent and managed to hold long conversations with people while visiting Italy.

And I'm being tutored in Japanese, as I plan on moving and living there to teach English.

I'm an English only speaker, I was never very good at pickup up other languages.

I'm more of a numbers guy.

Basically this, but I wish to learn Latin and Binary. 0100100001100101011011000110110001101111 (this is hello in binary :P )