Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ps4 Prime Exclusives Are A Bad Idea.

Tiqalicious

I don't care that much - it's virtual world, but I would never agree with this idea if I could have a choice.

Some people have PC, and other have consoles - so what? Console gamers have some games when PC players don't (it works in both ways), is this the reason behind doing exclusive stuff? Cuz they are console gamers?

If DE really want it (underscoring DE, not players) then I won't argue with them, it's their game and their responsibility.

If DE want to get some exclusive stuff then let them put some weapon for platinum (but not for 1000p plz) for limited time, we can get some plat from trading channel so there is almost nothing like "pay to win"

Never cut the atom in half, it won't end well for anybody

Isn't the point of the exclusives that were in founders pack to be rewards for supporting the game in it’s infancy before it had a lot of the stuff it has now because they funded the game to get it to get it to a solid point? I wasn't around when the founders pack was, I don’t expect the stuff from it or an equivalent even though I'm supporting it now.

I think you should avoid exclusives in general not make more of them.

Edited by DementedSheep525

It's not really that there are PC exclusives as such they are FOUNDER exclusives or closed beta exclusive.

I wasn't here at the time so I lost my chance to get them.  Just the same as anyone on PS4 or XBone.

Do I b*tch about it?  No!

Okay so they haven't recreated them on PS4 and presumably it'll be the same for XBone.  But it only matters to Founders, that they can't take it with them.  

It would only be a proper PC exclusive if we could still get them and PS4/XBone couldn't.  Console exclusives would create that situation.

Cosmetics, fine do whatever but not weapons/Frames

Edited by Sabreracer

Just give them a chance to pay for PS4 and XBone Founders and give them THE SAME stuff for THE SAME OR HIGHER price.

Why do you worry so much about NOT interferring platforms will get exclusive prime stuff? You wont ever see it, and if they`ll get the same prime stuff, why not?

I only vote against exclusive-to-their-platforms prime gear, I dont care if they get the same as I got for being a Founder. They have a right to have Founder Access too, since release on their platforms was later.

And DE sure have right to get moar money from kidz fans of Warframe on PS4 and XB.

Just give them a chance to pay for PS4 and XBone Founders and give them THE SAME stuff for THE SAME OR HIGHER price.

Why do you worry so much about NOT interferring platforms will get exclusive prime stuff? You wont ever see it, and if they`ll get the same prime stuff, why not?

I only vote against exclusive-to-their-platforms prime gear, I dont care if they get the same as I got for being a Founder. They have a right to have Founder Access too, since release on their platforms was later.

And DE sure have right to get moar money from kidz fans of Warframe on PS4 and XB.

Why should they get a founder program? PC founded WF. There is no need for another founder program since WF is already founded....

Unless DE becomes very desperate for money I doubt they are going to risk the founders (that helped get this game off the ground) for more money.

Edited by Postal_pat

No, they actually have no right to the founder gear. 

I agree. I have done nothing to earn it.

You're the only exception being a community moderator and all. You know that variable that is something like .1% that is you and crackle. You and crackle have helped more then any PC or PS4 player for that you are rewarded with power over the forums something better then prime gear.

Edited by Postal_pat

I agree. I have done nothing to earn it.

I sense sarcasm here :D

Why should they get a founder program? PC founded WF. There is no need for another founder program since WF is already founded....

Maybe because its NOT PC platform? And they never had Founders or any other thing to say that they are the first onTHEIR platform?

Seriously, why not? You`ll never see their Prime stuff, playing on PC. It wont affect you in any matter.

Unless DE becomes very desperate for money I doubt they are going to risk the founders (that helped get this game off the ground) for more money.

Sorry what? So you saying that all Founders after that will ask DE to return money? :D Dude, do you know the concept of Founders program? Its a donation. And for your money you get stuff as gift. 

And again, sorry what? Risk founders? How exactly risk them? By selling giving the same (I`m saying this again - THE SAME) items for Founders on other platforms?

The real problem, why people overreact - is that the chance that PS4 and XB will get a prime, that PC will never have. Since DE will do it anyway, why not give PS4 and XB the SAME items?

I sense sarcasm here :D

No sarcasm. ^.^

You're the only exception being a community moderator and all. You know that variable that is something like .1% that is you and crackle. You and crackle have helped more then any PC or PS4 player for that you are rewarded with power over the forums something better then prime gear.

So... I earned work?

Not much of a surprise... (XD)

Sorry what? So you saying that all Founders after that will ask DE to return money? :D Dude, do you know the concept of Founders program? Its a donation. And for your money you get stuff as gift. 

And again, sorry what? Risk founders? How exactly risk them? By selling giving the same (I`m saying this again - THE SAME) items for Founders on other platforms?

The real problem, why people overreact - is that the chance that PS4 and XB will get a prime, that PC will never have. Since DE will do it anyway, why not give PS4 and XB the SAME items?

Yes I do know how the founders programme worked (I was in closed beta). I also know how founders react when ever something comes in contact with their reward for their donation. It won't be pretty look at how exploiting the loop hole of dual founder's weapons went down and that was only a theory. The theory of brining the founder programme back up but on another console is just another loop hole. DE has already said they would not bring it back.

They said that they'd do it if you could get the sun to implode.

You missed Devoid's quote of [DE]Drew.

No sarcasm. ^.^

So... I earned work?

Not much of a surprise... (XD)

You earned power!.....POWARR!

Edited by Postal_pat

Maybe because its NOT PC platform? And they never had Founders or any other thing to say that they are the first onTHEIR platform?

Seriously, why not? You`ll never see their Prime stuff, playing on PC. It wont affect you in any matter.

I couldnt give less fcks about them getting the stuff. What I simply cant accept is that people say"give us founder program" bla bla. The pc community made PS4 possible. Give them the excal prime. But dont call it founder or anything. Let them have a prime acces. Let them buy the damn thing. I simply cant see those threads anymore. DE said that the founder program was exclusive. But for the sake of the whole forum which gets spammed with dozens of bullshi* founder threads every week, make it available for PS4 and xbone so these useless threads will disappear

I couldnt give less fcks about them getting the stuff. What I simply cant accept is that people say"give us founder program" bla bla. The pc community made PS4 possible. Give them the excal prime. But dont call it founder or anything. Let them have a prime acces. Let them buy the damn thing. I simply cant see those threads anymore. DE said that the founder program was exclusive. But for the sake of the whole forum which gets spammed with dozens of bullshi* founder threads every week, make it available for PS4 and xbone so these useless threads will disappear

You are covering the PS4 and Xbone threads but you still got those people on PC that want Excal prime set and possibly founders that have been angred by DE because DE broke their promise of not releasing founder items.

I think your misunderstanding what founders are. 

They helped get the game started, not the platform on which the game is played. 

So no matter what new platform warframe becomes available to there can not be any more founders since the game is already past the kickstarter phase.

I don't know why this has to keep being repeated, but here we go. Founders items can't be given out again specifically because of the way DE advertised them as exclusive once only items that would not be accessible again once the program was over. If DE re released founders items now to anyone else they'd be opening themselves up to a whole heap of potential legal trouble.

I think it's high time variants like Primes were all made into skins for their base items.

Primes are more extensive than just reskins so this wouldn't work. Immortal skins tended to be broken on prime skins when they were first released because of this.

I don't know why this has to keep being repeated, but here we go. Founders items can't be given out again specifically because of the way DE advertised them as exclusive once only items that would not be accessible again once the program was over. If DE re released founders items now to anyone else they'd be opening themselves up to a whole heap of potential legal trouble.

Please, feel free to make an example, what legal trouble they might have?

Its said in user agreement, that any and all aspects of the game are owned by DE, you dont even own your account, its their property.

Also they mentioned dozens of times, that al aspects of the game are a subject to change.

I payed the same money for GM as you and got every Prime Access, because I love this project and want to support it. If DE wishes to make Excal Prime available on console... well, I have mine, I dont care. I will care, if consoles will get something like Nova Prime, that will be locked from me.

Thats all. Oh, and I couldnt care less about people on PC, who had a chance but missed it. Consoles never had a chance to begin with.