Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ps4 Prime Exclusives Are A Bad Idea.

Tiqalicious

I'm just gonna leave this here. Founders have their exclusives. People are enflamed about missing it because of being on console. My advice? Let's DE learn from this mistake. Obviously exclusive primes are unfair so don't make more. Just learn from your mistake and move on. Don't try to "balance" anything. It'll just make it worse.

Okay, so here's my input: 

PS4 should get an exclusive Excalibur skin, lato skin, and skana skin. They don't have to be orokin-themed; perhaps obsidian? Basically, each platform has its own version of Excalibur/Lato/Skana prime. 

OR

A quest on all platforms, which delivers the lost mastery to PS4 members only

Edited by NearlyDedicated

PS4 should get an exclusive Excalibur skin, lato skin, and skana skin. They don't have to be orokin-themed; perhaps obsidian? Basically, each platform has its own version of Excalibur/Lato/Skana prime. 

OR

A quest on all platforms, which delivers the lost mastery to PS4 members only.

Yes, let's give us skins we could easily recreate using the smoke and infested colour pallets.

1. PS4 should get an exclusive Excalibur skin, lato skin, and skana skin. They don't have to be orokin-themed; perhaps obsidian? Basically, each platform has its own version of Excalibur/Lato/Skana prime. 

OR

2. A quest on all platforms, which delivers the lost mastery to PS4 members only

1. Could be a skin or it could be a obsidian version of the founders, (What I mean is a separate frame + the 2 weapons), I know that creates more exclusives, but its basically the same frame and weapons with a PS4 colour scheme overall with Excal prime/ obsidian getting a modal rework, which gets what some PS4 players want, the mastery and gets and "exclusive" frame onto PS4, making the other camp on PS4 happy (I hope), so hopefully it would be a win-win situation. Well actually maybe not with some of the founders who are still desperate to prove #PCMasterRace.

2. Well we should at least include incoming Xbone players on that mastery quest.  

PS4 should get an exclusive Excalibur skin, lato skin, and skana skin. They don't have to be orokin-themed; perhaps obsidian? Basically, each platform has its own version of Excalibur/Lato/Skana prime.

OR

A quest on all platforms, which delivers the lost mastery to PS4 members only.

I like this idea as a ps4 player I would love the Excalibur, skana, and lato prime but that would totally undermine what those items stand for. They are founder exclusive as a reward for those who helped this game when it was just beginning to become what it is today. It's not like those items are PC exclusive they are founder exclusive. There are a number of PC players who missed out on founders that have no chance to get them so I don't see the point in having a prime exclusive for ps4. The obsidian versions would be a very cool twist though and I am behind that 100% Edited by (PS4)Reaper_Shinobi

I like this idea as a ps4 player I would love the Excalibur, skana, and lato prime but that would totally undermine what those items stand for. They are founder exclusive as a reward for those who helped this game when it was just beginning to become what it is today. It's not like those items are PC exclusive they are founder exclusive. There are a number of PC players who missed out on founders that have no chance to get them so I don't see the point in having a prime exclusive for ps4. The obsidian versions would be a very cool twist though and I am behind that 100%

They weren't just offered to people while the game was in it's infancy, they were available until two weeks before ps4 got the game. So unless the game jumped from barely done to u10 or so in two weeks I'd say it was a load of crap that they couldn't have just let it go long enough for people on ps4 have even a two week window to become a founder.

Although I would be a bit happier with a unique version of Excalibur and stuff, I'd still be bitter about the circumstances in which it came to be.

Edited by (PS4)SCP-100912

Read through this and the Hot PS4-Only thread about Platform exclusivity and here is my two cents:

If you are a console player and you are whining because you don't have access to said Prime items that were given to those who actually contributed to the game's early development, you need to stop. When there are people who buy up Collector's Edition Pre-Orders, how many people go around complaining that it was unfair that they were unable to buy the Collector's Edition because they didn't have the platform the game was on? Not a noticeable amount. Why? Because there's no point. People were dedicated and willing to pay large amounts of money and such for the platform they paid for. And pertaining to this situation, it's legally set in stone that the Excalibur Prime and a couple of other founder's items would never be given or sold again in any form or fashion.

Even if that wasn't the case, there's no point in making another Frame or Weapon Exclusive. Firstly: Each prime frame has a non-prime variant at this point. If you want to play Excal so badly, go find a non-prime one. Sure the stats aren't as great, and it doesn't look as good, but lower stats only define the challenge in-game, and how good you look always ends up in a "My stuff is cooler, so you suck" competition. All-in-all it makes no difference. Secondly: Each frame (Bar a couple) has a great replacement. The Excal is a general DPS frame, along with a sizable portion of other frames. Sure the Excal Prime might've looked cool while it was kicking &#! in the Void, but so does pretty much every other frame. Finally: Making anything else exclusive to any platform will further worsen this situation. This entire situation stems from people thinking they're entitled to things that they really aren't. The games industry as it is makes the consumers think they are entitled to special items that nobody else can have. DE not being the typical company the concoles are used to, won't knowingly make a Class/Frame or a Weapon exclusive for profit or any other reason, because that's not how DE runs. Asking for anything different is basically insulting what DE had in mind when they made and continue to maintain this wonderful game.

Be happy you even have the game (If DE were any different, you'd prolly have a dumbed down version, plagued with micro-transactions, or have no game at all) and stop asking for things you don't deserve.

I wouldn't even really say Founders are PC exclusives, more often than not we already had our fair share of PC newcomers whining about Founder items because they weren't here early.

Founders was just gift from DE to the people who donated early, furthermore I'm sure Primes weren't even supposed to really be a thing until Frost P came out, I'm sure DE would release the Founders if they weren't legally bound to keep them exclusive; thing is they had set the deal already so it couldn't be changed. Also yes, they made a mistake by making the founder's primes exclusives but commiting that mistake twice won't do any good.

There shouldn't be any exclusive primes for any systems, I am firmly in the camp that believes PS4 and Xbone and hell even late PC players should be able to get Excalibur Prime. Cause as long as it stays exclusive, console players will consider PC gamers who have founders to be hypocritics since technically founders being PC-only makes Excalibur Prime, and late PC gamers will be pissed that they no longer have the same opprotunity because they joined late... 

There shouldn't be any exclusive primes for any systems, I am firmly in the camp that believes PS4 and Xbone and hell even late PC players should be able to get Excalibur Prime. Cause as long as it stays exclusive, console players will consider PC gamers who have founders to be hypocritics since technically founders being PC-only makes Excalibur Prime, and late PC gamers will be &!$$ed that they no longer have the same opprotunity because they joined late...

It's too late now to ever re-release him unfortunately. He's gone for good.

I'm merely trying to get the system I own, a prime exclusive, thought that was the topic of this thread?

The point of this thread was to say exclusive Prime frames and weapons are a bad idea that wil only cause further tension.  I think the thread has succeedded gloriously in that task.

Everyone will know from the badge to the left that I own Excalibur Prime and Skana Prime.  Do I ever use them? No.  Did I buy the Founders' Pack for them?  Not Really.  I needed Platinum and wanted the T-shirt and figured I'd get frame and weapon with it.  Would I be disappointed if a frame I actually like (Nyx or Saryn for example) became exclusive to PS4/Xbox1?  Hell yes!

I've said it before but I believe Excalibur Prime, poster boy Prime, should never have been exclusive unless he was to be the only Prime. Unfortunately DE made that choice in the early days.  Further compounding the resentment with more of the same mistake will not help anyone.  I am in favour of a reworking of Excalibur Prime, Skana Prime and Lato Prime being added to the current game on all platforms and the current versions being exclusive skins for the Founders.  (I would also like the Alabaster skin back as an option even if it was never supposed to be. ;p )

I see no mention of giving them an obsidian Excal, lato and skana mesh (so it's not just colours). This was brought up in the ps4 thread so what do people think of this?

The obsidian yomo synada was gip some sort of mesh different from the original would be the way to go.

off topic but please answer: why was the "obsidian" synada given as an exclusive to ps4?

They weren't just offered to people while the game was in it's infancy, they were available until two weeks before ps4 got the game. So unless the game jumped from barely done to u10 or so in two weeks I'd say it was a load of crap that they couldn't have just let it go long enough for people on ps4 have even a two week window to become a founder.

Although I would be a bit happier with a unique version of Excalibur and stuff, I'd still be bitter about the circumstances in which it came to be.

Barely anyone was here before update 10 so it still could be considered infancy also the founders assumed it would stop when the game became open beta. The fact that it didn't means either DE didn't get enough money or they got into some trouble between taking it down and leaving it up. The founders pushed for taking it down because it was meant to be taken down arfter closed beta ended. To prevent futher angre from the founders it was taken down.

The fact that you now want a console exclusive prime is going to annoy many people then just the founders mainly because anything prime has become an essential part to the game. Anything solid such as a frame, weapon etc, would also annoy people for the obvious reasons. The only thing you could get away with would be a skin or cosmetics that don't touch primes, wraith, vandel or infested stuff because it would annoy many people.

You had as much time as any other player you just had to switch consoles. You didn't so you didn't obtain it. Just as a pc player would have as much time to obtain the ps4 exclusive they just have to switch consoles. You want for the same thing to happen in reverse how do think the community is going to react.

Edited by Postal_pat

I don´t want PS/Xbone get an Exclusive even i switch to PS4. - This will definitely make thinks worse

But i do understand that it kind of Su**s that they will never have a EXc Prime - so i would be fine with something equal like bringing an 2. Excalibur with same stats as the Prime.

But it should not be PS4 exclusive cause the problem of a missing Frame is the same for those PC players that showed up later (after founding was done)

btw the founding stuff was available for a fair a long time. Just the PSN/XBox Tennos never had a chance. 

May bring a "Sons of the Founders"-Programm with comparable but not the same stuff. The Steam ecklusiv skins are a good example. On the other Hand why want everyone something exclusive o.o

I get that people want to have the "missing Frame" but this don´t need to be Exclusiv when they bringing an equal replacement

The Update delays is more of a Sony Problem.

But bringing alle the Time Exclusive stuff back would ruin the sense behind it.

I mean you shouldn´t compare yourself to PC but just to the other PS4 members.

Those new player´s that will coming to warframe next month wont get the Prova vandal (Bleeding Grounds) and so they start complaining as well.

The special thx to thoose that had been here since Alpha should have special stuff, they helped the game growing we all love so much right now.

the only thing i do untersatnd is, that people also want an "better" excalibur so bringing something like this may be a good idea but ofcourse not the Exc Prime itself

Edited by (PS4)Knastcore

/quote]

So if we get something PC players should just not compare themselves to PS4? I get the founder stuff but everything else is really silly. I don't get mad about updates but DE submits our updates weeks after they go out on PC so there is some shared responsibility.

I don't want exclusives. I just want the option to get what PC has- machete wraith, strum wraith, Excalibur prime, Halloween skins, st pats color palette, ect. I think we deserve the same chances and the same game. We already have to deal with update delays.

Unfortunately DE made the mistake of putting "exclusive" and "available for a limited time" (Okay I know it wasn't really but still) or even "something that will never be available again" (or something along those lines) which meant that some current founders hold DE to that promise it won't come out again, and some may threaten to sue DE if they did try to release the founders. 

As to the strun and machete wraith, they were said to be "in the vault" on a previous Dev stream and may return in a future event.

As to the colour palette's, I have no idea why DE decided not to give you guys the halloween or st pats day colours.

But bringing alle the Time Exclusive stuff back would ruin the sense behind it.

Those new player´s that will coming to warframe next month wont get the Prova vandal (Bleeding Grounds) and so they start complaining as well.

The special thx to thoose that had been here since Alpha should have special stuff, they helped the game growing we all love so much right now.

the only thing i do untersatnd is, that people also want an "better" excalibur so bringing something like this may be a good idea but ofcourse not the Exc Prime itself

That is true, new players will always complain that they cannot reach max rank due to the "exclusive" weapons such as the event ones.

The delays to the updates isn't totally a sony problem, as DE could send the updates a bit faster but its a trade off sometimes, do you want a less buggy version but takes longer to port over, cert and release or do you want it quick, bugged up and waiting for the next update to solve the most simplest of problems that may come up. (Might be like that or DE is waiting to include as much as possible into one update, they have already said it was a mistake not to send U13.8 to cert when it was almost done, and they bundled up with everything up to U14.1, It seems hopefully they won't make that mistake again and that hopefully means as soon as the updates are ready for cert on the PS4 in the future, they will be sent to cert.)

People have suggested a "Obsidian" Excalibur along with "obsidian" lato and skana, as a sort of way for PS4 to have a exclusive version of the founders stuff. They would get a model rework but would function similar to the founders (as in separate frame and weapons, not just skins) and obsidian excal would have the slightly faster shield recharge that founders excal has (fine, prime excal has), The same type of thing would be given to the upcoming Xbone version of the game, but obviously not be called "obsidian" excal.

Have ps4 players been given the ability to buy the rubedo or phased skins either by the way? Because if not, I feel like that's something else that needs to be addressed, as there should be absolutely no reason for DE to be giving us even more stuff that PS4 players have no chance of seeing.

Have ps4 players been given the ability to buy the rubedo or phased skins either by the way? Because if not, I feel like that's something else that needs to be addressed, as there should be absolutely no reason for DE to be giving us even more stuff that PS4 players have no chance of seeing.

Rubedo and phased are not pc exclusive, they are Steam exclusive. This is not the same thing.

No, PC exclusives and Steam exclusives. I get DE said limited availability on some items but the ps4 is a different platform. I don't want to get all MBA on my Sunday but good luck to anyone trying that. Legal reasons are not valid in any way. As I stated I don't really mind the founders pack nit coming back. It's all the other things that have not been put on PS4.

Unfortunately DE made the mistake of putting "exclusive" and "available for a limited time" (Okay I know it wasn't really but still) or even "something that will never be available again" (or something along those lines) which meant that some current founders hold DE to that promise it won't come out again, and some may threaten to sue DE if they did try to release the founders. 

As to the strun and machete wraith, they were said to be "in the vault" on a previous Dev stream and may return in a future event.

As to the colour palette's, I have no idea why DE decided not to give you guys the halloween or st pats day colours.

That is true, new players will always complain that they cannot reach max rank due to the "exclusive" weapons such as the event ones.

The delays to the updates isn't totally a sony problem, as DE could send the updates a bit faster but its a trade off sometimes, do you want a less buggy version but takes longer to port over, cert and release or do you want it quick, bugged up and waiting for the next update to solve the most simplest of problems that may come up. (Might be like that or DE is waiting to include as much as possible into one update, they have already said it was a mistake not to send U13.8 to cert when it was almost done, and they bundled up with everything up to U14.1, It seems hopefully they won't make that mistake again and that hopefully means as soon as the updates are ready for cert on the PS4 in the future, they will be sent to cert.)

People have suggested a "Obsidian" Excalibur along with "obsidian" lato and skana, as a sort of way for PS4 to have a exclusive version of the founders stuff. They would get a model rework but would function similar to the founders (as in separate frame and weapons, not just skins) and obsidian excal would have the slightly faster shield recharge that founders excal has (fine, prime excal has), The same type of thing would be given to the upcoming Xbone version of the game, but obviously not be called "obsidian" excal.

I suggest that Obsidian idea swell - unfortunally this will may bring more trouble cause the "new" PC players are still not able to get some kind of excl with Prime stats.

Threr is now reason why PS4 should get a chance while the new PC player wave don't.

in point of delay - Yes DE also suggest them not "in Time" but bringing up 3 complete Teams to ensure each platform get´s the update in time is quit expensive. they might have the resource but i prefer seeing that money spender else.

I fine with those delays they getting shorter anyway.

And im a PS4 player now btw.

@Tiqalicious

It´s steam exclusive, but quit easy to get even if you not a steam user atm.

I got the Rubedo and Phase stuff but - when i migrated there are a bunch of items i coudn´t "bring over" to my PS4 account.

The Rubedo/Phase stuff is one of it - als the vandal Wepaons.

With update 14 on PS4 they even deleted my EX Prime Profil Picture and took away my Braton Vandal :/

Don´t know why it´s been added in the first place then.

Anyhow 

DE learned it isn´t a good idea bringing exclusive frames or items at all. Even thought the Founders deserved to get it, i mean without those guys a there may never had been a PS4 version of warframe.

So dreaming for those item in´t fair.

Best thing now is to bring something equal to the EXc Prime - this way PS4/Xbone and new PC users can complete their collection and the Founders keep having their well deserved special Frame

At the moment the only exclusive that PS4 has in a custom color palette, can't remember the reason behind it, think it was cause of a delayed update? or something..   

But as for Prime Exclusives.  Its not likely to happen any time soon or even at all.   The founders package, primes are gone.  For good, if you missed out you missed out.  Its the way that all games handle, and should handle things around a founder package.  Its there to help bring in money to a game for its development.  With the understanding that when that program ends, those items that were listed under the Founders Package are going to be locked up, and never revealed again.   There are a badge of honor for those that managed to get them, saying "I believed in the potentail of this game"  and look wheres that brought us.   14 major updates, and soon going to be all on three major systems.  

Should PS4 and even Xboxone get something that is their's alone sure.  What that is.  Is beyond me.  Maybe some custom colored guns,  Like a vandal or wraith type thing, or just some custom skins.   But not any prime gear, that is asking for too much.  Cause I hate to say it.  But if it wasn't for PC and the Founders..   Warframe might not be were it is today, could have been dropped, or still struggling to get going.   

Let me ask you this.  Lets say.  Warframe started on a console, and did a founders package, for the console people.  Then it was ported to PC, would you be as understanding and willing to give out exclusive gear that was only on the console through founders to those on the PC?  

Maybe/Maybe not,  depends on the person and how understanding they are.  Even have mixed views for the Current Founders.  Some say sure. let others get Excal prime and all that.  Others are like Nope. I spent money on this game, taking a risk that i could be out that money with nothing to show for it..   I'm in the middle.  I see Exclusives as both good things and bad.   Good cause its a way to bring players to a game, yet bad cause it brings up debates like this one.  Even causing tension between players, and further igniting the console/pc war.   

Exclusives are always going to be debated on who should get what, or even what those exclusives are going to be.  Try to think of something that DE could do that symbolizes what a Console player is.  A color pattern, symbol, design, etc etc  that they could do that is truly unique for console players.  Then i'll be behind it more,  cause we've already had the debate over the Founders gear, and primes..  didn't go well.  Console exclusives should reflect the console and player base, not something that's shiny and gold that was part of a heated debate even when it was still available..

I don't want exclusives. I just want the option to get what PC has- machete wraith, strum wraith, Excalibur prime, Halloween skins, st pats color palette, ect. I think we deserve the same chances and the same game. We already have to deal with update delays.

Don't worry all that stuff is coming back (except founders) it is just going to take a while to figure out how to get these items out to people. Remember it's not just ps4 players missing out, any new player that has joined or any player that didn't complete an event is missing out on stuff. For example the Gradivus event; those that sided with the grineer got their weapons right away due to circumstances the corpus stuff has been released slowly. The brakk also has been released to whole community.

What I'm trying to get at is these things take time DE has alot to go through to get these things out there so everyone can enjoy. Consider events with "exclusive" rewards early access to those weapons, tileset, cosmetics etc.

As for specific holiday stuff everyone just has to wait for it to come around again. Though some stuff like the proto Excal should be made permanent in the market.

Edited by Postal_pat