Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unfounded Criticisms Of Warframe- And Warframe In Relation To Progressive And Feminist Ideals

slumpyvanguard

As far as games I've played, Warframe is one of the few that approaches gender equality and different body types and stuff like that with an even hand. Very few other games can claim that. Warframe is also pretty good about not sexualizing its female characters. Of all the games that should be called out for gender inequality, Warframe is very low on the list.

The fact that this is such an issue is what makes me think DE might be back peddling from a more post-human theme for the Tenno. The fact that people can't step outside their social norm and explore a different reality is confusing as that is, in large part, what stories are for. I can understand why woman might feel shirked as their are predominantly male protagonist in vertically all media. However, Warframe has the opportunity to go beyond that, but boring, small minded thinking is limiting the &!$$ibities, and turning Warframe into another done spac opera, filled with all the same tropes.

Uh...DE hasn't confirmed anything. We probably are posthumans. You don't have to be an energy being to be posthuman.

:I I don't get what's so WRONG in everything for Feminists to point that out.

Ok let's say that they are correct about "Female frames are only there to heal and stuff"
Wouldn't that be a pretty positive thing about how females are superior? Because at the end of the day THEY would be saving all the male frames all the time.

FORTUNATELY it is not so, look at Valkyr and Saryn <O< tough women.

Tumblr feminism is so disgusting.

Seriously though. It gives feminism a bad name, it's stupid, and its pretty much the equivalent of being a Nazi, but with 'Female master race' as the battle cry. I respect feminism, I support feminism, but I don't support or respect this.

In the end they don't want equality, they want to manipulate things to their own ends (Zoe Quinn anyone?) as the worst of men do right now. They take the worst of men and make men seem like monsters. Yes, they're terrible people. What they don't realize is that most men won't condone what those particular men do either.

If they want equality, they need to empower women. Feminism would be widley supported were it not for this disgusting crap that comes out of tumblr on a daily basis.

Seriously though. It gives feminism a bad name, it's stupid, and its pretty much the equivalent of being a Nazi, but with 'Female master race' as the battle cry. I respect feminism, I support feminism, but I don't support or respect this.

In the end they don't want equality, they want to manipulate things to their own ends (Zoe Quinn anyone?) as the worst of men do right now. They take the worst of men and make men seem like monsters. Yes, they're terrible people. What they don't realize is that most men won't condone what those particular men do either.

If they want equality, they need to empower women. Feminism would be widley supported were it not for this disgusting crap that comes out of tumblr on a daily basis.

"That guy said HI to me! He wants to rape me!" thinking basically.

I find it more amusing how all of her claims are entirely false. Also by saying that all the other "aliens" are clearly male isn't she subjugating them, maybe Rhino thinks of himself as a strong independent black women who needs no man huh. She also tries to make the tenno's actions against the "aliens" sound bad when they are more then justified. Yet again this is a tumblr feminist the worst kind of person anywhere on the internet.

Here's what all feminist and meninist don't realize... ALL PEOPLE ARE EVIL.

Making blogs like this is just to get attention and people like this try to blind their followers, by telling them they are good and righteous. ^.^

Though most people don't realize is. Humanity has infinite Potential... for Malice. 

30 points if you get the reference.

Edit: In-case people don't get this, i am not hating on feminism or menism. >.> I am just stating that people who attempt to be Feminist Hitler are ridiculous. 

Edited by Feallike

Here's what all feminist and meninist don't realize... ALL PEOPLE ARE EVIL.

Making blogs like this is just to get attention and people like this try to blind their followers, by telling them they are good and righteous. ^.^

Though most people don't realize is. Humanity has infinite Potential... for Malice. 

30 points if you get the reference.

Not malice. Total and utter chaos.

Well as others pointed out every faction with the exception of the infested and corpus is led by a female(Red veil, Grineer by the queens and tenno by the lotus). Then there's the fact that half of the frames are female and the fact it doesn't mean they are more fragile then the male frames(looks at saryn and valkry). If this person was serious then they are a  disgrace to their own cause(which i very much doubt since they only show 4 frames out of twenty)

To see bigotry like this makes me very angry. To judge people based on their nationality, ethnicity, gender, religion etc. is complete and utter nonsense(unless of course the group in question are the goons from eve online)

I am glad everyone here at least completely debunked this persons argument(reminds me of the 9/11 debunkers getting debunked)

Edited by warpath514

I want to make a statement but feel like I will be called Sexist by people who dont understand Biology. 

I believe that I understand you in this ...

Far too much reactionary thinking and too little rational thought

However, for those interested in evolutionary postdimorphic "transhumanism" I would refer you to Michael J. Sullivan's superb SF novel "Hollow World"

Personally, given the amount of mythological allusion used in Warframe, I think that incorporating the masculine, the feminine and the androgynous mystiques into the game are not only valid and consistent but amplify the storytelling power

Example:  Valkyr immediately conjures the helmed and valiant honor guard of Norse, Skaldic, Visigoth and even Anglo-Saxon legends

Finally, I submit for consideration the following scholarly, informative and neutral works on the power of gender:

1. The Hero With A Thousand Faces, Joseph Campbell - a essential classic on the mythos of the hero/heroine story

2. Women Who Run With The Wolves, Clarissa Pinkola Estes - an excellent and exhaustive treatise based upon Jungian perspective

3. The Hero and The Goddess, Jean Houston - an invaluable bridge between the masculine and feminine principles based upon an analysis of Homer's The Odyssey

Other authors include Robert A. Johnson, Robert Moore and Douglas Gillette and of course, CG Jung

I find it more amusing how all of her claims are entirely false. Also by saying that all the other "aliens" are clearly male isn't she subjugating them, maybe Rhino thinks of himself as a strong independent black women who needs no man huh. She also tries to make the tenno's actions against the "aliens" sound bad when they are more then justified. Yet again this is a tumblr feminist the worst kind of person anywhere on the internet.

Interesting how you assumed the OP is a woman... But yeah, I agree- this person was really just pulling stuff out of no where to make a rant post. If you're going to criticize a piece of media, do it thoughtfully.

Honestly, I'm just happy that the post is just trolling. I have seen far too many posts on Tumblr with complaints about everything, each as absurd as the next- I've watched friends turn to the dark side of ignorance and tumble outwards, born again as SJWs who bandwagon off of every new hate-fad they can find. I would not be surprised if Warframe had more than a few itself, but DE's position on gender is very obviously egalitarian and well-considered. There are valid complaints for the game, but I don't believe that gender is even close to one of them.

I don't blame OP for falling for the troll post, because Tumblr can be exactly, unironically like that.

I believe that I understand you in this ...

Far too much reactionary thinking and too little rational thought

However, for those interested in evolutionary postdimorphic "transhumanism" I would refer you to Michael J. Sullivan's superb SF novel "Hollow World"

Personally, given the amount of mythological allusion used in Warframe, I think that incorporating the masculine, the feminine and the androgynous mystiques into the game are not only valid and consistent but amplify the storytelling power

Example:  Valkyr immediately conjures the helmed and valiant honor guard of Norse, Skaldic, Visigoth and even Anglo-Saxon legends

Finally, I submit for consideration the following scholarly, informative and neutral works on the power of gender:

1. The Hero With A Thousand Faces, Joseph Campbell - a essential classic on the mythos of the hero/heroine story

2. Women Who Run With The Wolves, Clarissa Pinkola Estes - an excellent and exhaustive treatise based upon Jungian perspective

3. The Hero and The Goddess, Jean Houston - an invaluable bridge between the masculine and feminine principles based upon an analysis of Homer's The Odyssey

Other authors include Robert A. Johnson, Robert Moore and Douglas Gillette and of course, CG Jung

I agree with this very much! There is a lot of power in gender, in all expressions of it across the spectrum from Male to female- I would very much disagree with making the frames all gender neutral or something (even though gender neutral usually tends to look male, because male is considered the standard) because as you say- gender can amplify sotrytelling, and I think it also allows people to associate with characters of certain genders more.

Like, I love Valkyr because I am attuned to her expression of femininity and I relate to her in that way, as well as others.

Which is why female representation is so important.

Those works sound very interesting, I'll have to look them up...

Ok to be clear I read both of the articles. First, Warframe hasn't been in beta for "several years" LOL and second, the Tenno aren't confirmed as human. So there could be a various number of "sexes" and physical features that define a "female" and "male" warframe. Third, I think there was an official announcement that the warframes are a channeling technology that simply distribute the Tenno's power. So for all we know, the Tenno might not be even solid in nature. They could be pure energy. I'll quote Salad V from the Gradivus Dillema when you supported the corpus "Speech 1: Tenno, you know, we may not always see eye to eye... well, you don't have eyes, but I'm pleased to see we've found common ground in our fight with these Grineer dogs." The Tenno don't have eyes according to Salad V. So, for all we know they could be anything.

Edited by FHTheIllest