Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Some One Just Linked This I Noticed This Was After Ps4 Players Purchased Plat

Kosynth

Question

Which what is funny about this..We were told prior That ps4 and pc were going to use same account and beable to play together.

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200655064-PS4-to-PC-Account-Migration

So does that mean purchases prior to this announcement we can get refunded?

Date:
01/07/2014

Purchase Order
Warframe®: 1000 Platinum + Mod (1)($49.99)

Date:
01/02/2014

Purchase Order
Warframe®: Prime Access Inferno (1)($139.99)

Date:
12/27/2013

Purchase Order
Warframe®: 1000 Platinum + Mod (1)($37.49)

Date:
12/19/2013

Purchase Order
Warframe®: 1000 Platinum + Mod (1)($37.49)

Date:
12/12/2013

Purchase Order

Date:
12/05/2013

Purchase Order

Date:
12/02/2013

Purchase Order

Date:
11/30/2013

Purchase Order

Date:
11/25/2013

Purchase Order
Warframe®: 2100 Platinum + Mods (1)($99.99)

Date:
11/24/2013

Purchase Order
Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII
Fixed text

Do I want a refund? no, But I purchased my plat on the ps4 version with hopes we would beable to use our accounts on pc, Which they said at one point we would beable to do. Then they started saying that PS4=/=pc and PC could only transfer to ps4 and not visa versa.

Do I want a refund? no, But I purchased my plat on the ps4 version with hopes we would beable to use our accounts on pc, Which they said at one point we would beable to do. Then they started saying that PS4=/=pc and PC could only transfer to ps4 and not visa versa.

They never said PS4 would be able to transfer to PC.

I don't really want a refund. But simple fact remains. They said after the fact We can't go PS4>pc

no, they said initially that it was a one-way-ticket. (this would be before the game was even released on ps4) 

and that cross-play was in the works, but would require a whole lot of effort and time to resolve. 

and even then would require the builds be in sync. a "rainbow bridge" as was stated in the live stream.

edit:

it was also stated that the accounts were separate from each other. meaning pc and ps4 accounts would never be "the same account" from a purely technical perspective that wouldn't work. not to mention a business one.

Edited by xethier

No they said PC and PS4 would use the same servers/accounts. 

CROSS PLATFORM PLAY

Kinda like Final fantasy. where you can use the same account on any system

No, they said cross-platform play would be plausible if PC and PS4 game versions matched. As for migration, it's always been PS4 to PC but not the other way around.

Sorry, but I don't ever remember hearing them say that the PC and PS4 account would be the same shared account.

The only thing I'd ever heard was migration and cross-play between PC accounts and PS4 accounts (this does not mean everything is shared, it means PS4 and PC players can play in the same game, but this lofty goal has been more or less rendered impossible due to version mismatch.

They had made it clear very early on that platinum wouldn't get transferred from PC to PS4 or vice versa.

Also sorry, but platinum is non-refundable.

No they said PC and PS4 would use the same servers/accounts. 

CROSS PLATFORM PLAY

Kinda like Final fantasy. where you can use the same account on any system

See above statement of mine, cross platform =/= cross account. Cross platform play implies that users on two different systems can play the same game, not that the account is shared across platforms. They made this abundantly clear from very early on.

Sorry you feel as though you wasted your money, but you probably should have waited until after account migration details were finalized before going on a spending spree.

They were hoping for PC and PS4 to play together in the same missions.

Only PC to PS4 migration was on offer.

They can't exist at the same time due to the different builds corrupting the account/profile

Edited by cam-o-flage20

Its kinda funny though.. Honestly... 

all the plat was purchased before that little announcement.

It really wasn't. 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/130116-information-and-faq-pc-to-ps4%E2%84%A2-account-migration/

Nothing in that official announcement ever said that platinum would be transferred over or that your PC and PS4 accounts would become 1 shared account after migrating. If anything the "If you have an existing PS4 Warframe account and choose to migrate your PC account at a later date, your PC account will overwrite your PS4 account progress. Any PS4 exclusive skins/ Purchased Platinum will remain, but everything else will be overwritten with your PC account information." indicates that when you migrate it's a 1 time event and that the accounts would progress separately (PS4 would have PS4 platinum/items from PSN but these items would not get copied back to your PC account).

Sorry to say it, but you really should have waited for migration details to be finalized before you went on a spending spree. DE isn't at all accountable in this situation.

and btw PC>Ps4 is a harder transfer then ps4>PC as to the ps4 version is a few versions behind where as pc>ps4 might have items that did not exist yet on ps4 version.

Technically, yes. Contractually, no. Sony would not allow PS4 to PC migrations. The issue here is the fact that it's a free to play game with premium currency that gets purchased through the PSN. They don't want PC-bought platinum coming onto the console, and they don't want to lose players either. The result is 1-way migrations with only limited content coming over (founders gear, platinum, PC exclusives are not allowed onto PS4).