The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron Wraith Feedback (Designated Megathread)

Netheroc

I prefer the Latron design over the Latron Prime. Just my personal preference. Having a regular Latron which holds up better to high level missions and can come somewhat close to Latron Prime is very nice.

Not that my Latron Prime is going to be sold away anytime soon, just seeing the locker a bit more now.

Perfectly happy with it being a reward. Especialy since the new map and mission type were both good too.

I liked it a lot when i first used it but my latron prime is currently cooking in my foundry and i'm planning to do some comparison test once its done.

but still, them sweet sweet red wraith stripes on that smexy Latron..... owh yeahhh. i think i'll keep using it and maybe forma it a little.

I liked it a lot when i first used it but my latron prime is currently cooking in my foundry and i'm planning to do some comparison test once its done.

but still, them sweet sweet red wraith stripes on that smexy Latron..... owh yeahhh. i think i'll keep using it and maybe forma it a little.

They're quite similar(I have both).

I'd say they're close enough that you should just go for the one you prefer.

I love the LW but I still prefer the LP's firing sound. I don't like the recoil either and the bullets don't seem to be hitscan like the LP but I love it nonetheless.

I don't even . . . do you even know what hitscan means? Are you talking about spread?

Edited by GSDAkatsuki

im so ready to ditch my latron prime with 6 polarities for this new one when it comes out on ps4.

That whiffs of sarcasm.  And that's OK.  But really...for a player who has NO Latrons, to receive the Wraith, is ballin'.

Straight ballin'.

And such.

Who? dpsframe hasn't been updated in half-year

The math is near-perfect (with some round-ofs), exact numbers and exact formulas, even considering damage resistances.  You have to understand it's averaged, thats why you dont see exact same numbers in the game. Compare non-crit non-weakspot shot on a specified non-armored enemy type and you will get same numbers in the game and builder.

- for starters, that's issue #1. DPSframe hasn't been updated with the game. the longer that sits without updates, the high probability that numbers will be off.

- the the EXACT problem is that it's paper numbers, not applicable numbers. those numbers completely change when you put it into an applicable scenario. which is why paper calculations are pretty much pointless. this 'n' that will go up and down in actual applicability.

We need a GORGON PRIME. Because I need a Prime that makes the Boltor Prime look weak.

hopefully we all know the answer to powercrepe isn't more of it.

Guest Tehnoobshow

We need a GORGON PRIME. Because I need a Prime that makes the Boltor Prime look weak.

How about a Supra Vandal that deals 70 Radiation damage? Ultimate Grineer killer.

I really like it, but comparing it to normal version the damage is not really that great.

No offense, but for Solar missions, you can use 2 mods to get Recoil to ZERO, and then you just pump round after round into precise headshots and things just vanish. I understand its harder to use on things like the Hyena Pack because god knows what I'm aiming at half the time, but for clearing through normal mobs missions, its even more fun then a Vectis, and apparently, people say it's very quite, if not silent.

I'll be glad when the people just using it get MR points go back to their usual guns.

I get on elevators and everyone had LW on their backs, and I'm like "What? Gaddamit! Thats MY gun. Get your own guns! Waaaaah" :P

I honestly don't see the issue with the Latron Wraith. I love the Latron Prime as the marksman rifle it is, and don't mind the Latron Wraith due to the fact that having it be a crit-based version makes it to where the 2.5x damage multiplier is worth a lot more. You need to thing about the fact that this version of the weapon actually utilizes more of the stats the weapon has to offer in order to realize the Wraith version's potential.

Love the new latron wraith the sound it makes when it shoots is what sold me.

But also it's pretty powerful for a crit weapon and is going to allow me to make my latron prime into a status weapon now (98% status with long range precision, f*** yeah)

LOL, reminds of when dex furis released. EVERYONE and their grandma were using the damn thing. I mean every mission you went into, all you could hear was the "BRRRRRRRRRRRRR" of the dex. But 5 days after giveaway and you'd think that more people were using the single bronco than the dex.

As for the latron, yeah, all the non latron players will abandon it, and alot of the latron players will too, as the prime does very well and three-four forma is an investment. But now my third forma on it, it's definitely a keeper for my excalibro.

Im a little bit dissapointed about the latron wraith and i dont think im the only one. I mean, this is an EVENT weapon ,a LIMITED edition weapon that no one will ever be able to get after the 14.5 event so i think it should at least be as good as the Latron Prime.

anyway, i created this topic so people could write their changes ideas to make the latron wraith better and if we are lucky DE might read this and consider changing it.

Edited by BlindedTurkey

Im a little bit dissapointed about the latron wraith and i dont think im the only one. I mean, this is an EVENT weapon ,a LIMITED edition weapon that no one will ever be able to get after the 14.5 event so i think it should at least be as good as the Latron Prime.

anyway, i created this topic so people could write their changes ideas to make the latron wraith better and if we are lucky DE might read this and consider the ideas.

Latron Wraith not Latron Prime Wraith. I don't think it need a stat boost.

Edited by Alphafox

Nobody spends 150 plat for a vanilla Latron... You can get the Latron Prime for about 35 plat (includes catalyst from market and 15p for the prime set).

Hell- even if you don't have enough plat for that, it's still relatively easy to get from the void anyway; whereas this is an exclusive event weapon which is, in my (and the OP's) opinion, worse than the already released Prime variant.

Don't get me wrong- I'm a huge fan of the Latron series (and the Wraiths for that matter), been using them since I joined, but this was one of the biggest let-downs I've had from DE...

That was my point though. Practically everything in this game is "optional" and many Plat market items have such insane prices for what they do, that you would just buy the BP and make them. They are not there because they are all worth so much Plat, it's just there if you're impatient and money is not important, after all 20 Plat in those guns is a Catalyst, and 6 plat is the slot.

The Latron Wraith is only a "letdown" if you have unrealistic expectations. It's a collectable with ZERO downsides (own slot, catalyst, gives MR), so worse case, you use it as bling for your next starter frame.

Worse then the Prime? Why on earth would it be BETTER? That's insane logic.