The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron Wraith Feedback (Designated Megathread)

Netheroc

I may agree with you on some points. Three Latrons is a little odd. However, since Wraith has never been officially stated to only be Grineer, we can't quite argue. But this is the same age old question; what is the point of having the ____ if you have the ____ Prime? Only now it's "What's the point of having the Latron Prime, if you have Latron Wraith?"

For those who haven't thought/had a chance to compare, there are some considerable differences between the Latron Prime and the new Latron Wraith. Which there should be, don't get me wrong, but they seem a little... off.

Latron Wraith > Latron Prime

Accuracy: same

Fire Rate: 5.4 > 4.2

Critical Chance: 25.0% > 15.0%

Critical Multiplier: same

^ The above stats I'm perfectly happy with. It displays the event-exclusive weapon to have clear superiority despite the drop in status chance compared to the Prime which anyone can buy off trade chat. However:

Impact: 13.8 > 8.5
Puncture: 38.5 > 68.0

Slash: 2.8 > 8.5

That drop in Puncture damage is enormous, considering it makes up the majority of the Latron's damage, which is further impaired by the drop in Slash, something the boost to Impact can't possibly keep up with.

The immediate assumption is that the boost in Fire Rate and Crit Chance will make up for the difference, but based on Fire Rate alone, the dps highly favours the Latron Prime. The difference in crit raises the crit chance per bullet [under Critical Delay and Point Strike] from 44.7 on the Prime to the Wraith's 74.5, which while giving more consistant crits, doesn't remove the fact that the Prime deals more damage, more consistently.

To conclude: Are the hugely docked stats on the Latron Wraith intended to be so low? Do players testing between them find there to be any considerable benefit to using one over the other? Should it be found that players who own both are using the Prime more, or that enough complaints are made, will a buff be given to a gun that's already an exclusive and won't be used by players who didn't get it in this event?

It does seem de took a step back with the latron wraith given that wraith is an item modified by the grineer, not only that but orokin tech is suppose to be superior than grineer tech. Lore wise it seems that DE doesn't care about lore anymore. I would understand Vandal weapon modification since lotus does them and she is still mostly in tune from the orokin age so she can add tech that she remembers from way back when.

1: Wraith weapons are probably made by the Red Veil. As allies of the Tenno they probably have access to our weaponry.

Edit: There was already a Strun Waith, and that is a Tenno weapon too.

2: The Prime has faaaar better base damage than the Wraith in addition to the better procs.

Edited by ValhaHazred

Guest Tehnoobshow

For those who haven't thought/had a chance to compare, there are some considerable differences between the Latron Prime and the new Latron Wraith. Which there should be, don't get me wrong, but they seem a little... off.

Latron Wraith > Latron Prime

Accuracy: same

Fire Rate: 5.4 > 4.2

Critical Chance: 25.0% > 15.0%

Critical Multiplier: same

^ The above stats I'm perfectly happy with. It displays the event-exclusive weapon to have clear superiority despite the drop in status chance compared to the Prime which anyone can buy off trade chat. However:

Impact: 13.8 > 8.5

Puncture: 38.5 < 68.0

Slash: 2.8 < 8.5

That drop in Puncture damage is enormous, considering it makes up the majority of the Latron's damage, which is further impaired by the drop in Slash, something the boost to Impact can't possibly keep up with.

The immediate assumption is that the boost in Fire Rate and Crit Chance will make up for the difference, but based on Fire Rate alone, the dps highly favours the Latron Prime. The difference in crit raises the crit chance per bullet [under Critical Delay and Point Strike] from 44.7 on the Prime to the Wraith's 74.5, which while giving more consistant crits, doesn't remove the fact that the Prime deals more damage, more consistently.

To conclude: Are the hugely docked stats on the Latron Wraith intended to be so low? Do players testing between them find there to be any considerable benefit to using one over the other? Should it be found that players who own both are using the Prime more, or that enough complaints are made, will a buff be given to a gun that's already an exclusive and won't be used by players who didn't get it in this event?

FTFY

Edited by Tehnoobshow

Latron Prime will never be duped because the Wraith version is an Event Weapon, and new people in the future who hadn't played the event will have the Prime version as the best they could get.

That will only happen for people like us, who are playing the event. I haven't seen the stats so far, so I'm asuming you are right about them.

Anyway, if there's is little difference, I'm not putting 4 formas on a weapon that is slightest better than the one I already have.

People need to come to realize the Wraith version is a modification of the non-Prime Latron, and not the Prime version. Show me a comparison to the non-Prime Latron and then I'll tell you what I think about the Wraith version.

Edited by Nethaufer

I was hoping that Latron Wraith would be a non-crit build Latron. Well, I was greatly disappointed.

My Latron Prime has above 80% chance to stat :3

On the side note, the LWraith is totally silent. Making it great for in-Solar system Rescue/Exterm/yada yada.

Edited by Un1337ninj4

People need to come to realize the Wraith version is a modification of the non-Prime Latron, and not the Prime version. Show me a comparison to the non-Prime Wraith and then I'll tell you what I think about the Wraith version.

AAAAAND /thread.

Latron Prime will never be duped because the Wraith version is an Event Weapon, and new people in the future who hadn't played the event will have the Prime version as the best they could get.

That will only happen for people like us, who are playing the event. I haven't seen the stats so far, so I'm asuming you are right about them.

Anyway, if there's is little difference, I'm not putting 4 formas on a weapon that is slightest better than the one I already have.

And it'd end like the Brakk

Haven't seen it yet, but basically if it's a sidegrade or better when compared to the Latron, it's fine. Just because it's a special event reward doesn't mean it needs to outperform everything else. It just can't be bad. The Gorgon Wraith is literally a better Gorgon in every statistical way, but it's not overpowering at all, and that's perfectly fine.

dps wise it's a sidegrade of the latron prime , 10% more crit chance and highter firerate make it up for the damage difference.

Edited by bl4ckhunter

Guest Tehnoobshow

Latron > Latron Wraith

Fire Rate 4.2 < 5.4

Crit Chance 10% < 25%

Crit Mult 2.0 < 2.5

Status 10% < 20%

Mag 15 = 15

Reload 2.4 =2.4

Impact 8.3 <13.8

Puncture 38.5 =38.5

Slash 8.2 > 2.8

Can you people please learn how to use greater than signs?

Edit: Oops.

DE will you please learn how to use greater than signs?!

Edited by Tehnoobshow

People need to come to realize the Wraith version is a modification of the non-Prime Latron, and not the Prime version. Show me a comparison to the non-Prime Latron and then I'll tell you what I think about the Wraith version.

It is a solid upgrade to the standard latron, it is better in every way and the 3 stats that are not better are exactly the same as the standard version. 

Correct. The Latron Wraith is a tuned/modified Latron not a super prototype version like the Latron Prime.

It's selling point are the 25% crit rate and the faster firing over the base Latron. It's not supposed to steal the prime's rank. All Wraith weapons so far have been balanced to be an improved version not a full super charge.

Wraith and Vandal (and DEX but we only got one of those so far) are event weapons which have special skin have following selling points.

1. Unique skin (therefor being a collectors items and bragging rights).

2. Comes free with a catalyst (less need to tatter and keep the regular Latron if you get this one).

3. Free slot (allows even F2P only players to expand their permanent arsenal).

4. An edge over the base version (not being a super version)

5. Exclusive content (see point 1).

Edited by Othergrunty

Guest Tehnoobshow

What grinds my gears the most is that it's a tenno weapon with wraith status. Up until now I was sure that vandal was for corpus weapons and wrath for grineer. There can only be primes for tenno.

But haven't they retconned that Wraith = modified by Red Veil (so anything goes)? Also, Strun is most definitely not a Grineer Weapon, and it has a Wraith.