Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron Wraith Feedback (Designated Megathread)

Netheroc

I admit, the notion that the Wraith is an upgrade of the original Latron, and not comparable to the Latron Prime, did not occur to me.

However, one of my original points, though a small one, rings true: the Latron Prime, being a Prime weapon, is available to trade, and therefore buy, from anyone. If two weeks from now, a brand new player [who is told what to do] could create an account, add plat, go into trade chat, and BUY the Latron Prime. which [if considered superior] overshadows the use of the Latron Wraith. Other than bragging rights and uniqueness, as Othergrunty pointed out, why have, or use, a version of a gun that's inferior to a gun you can go out and buy day one?

because one likes the other version more

I am still supremely amused by the communauty that whines about an event weapon that comes with a catalyst pre-installed and its own weapon slot.
Basicly, DE just gave you an equivalent of Latron Prime with 32 plat.
What do you want? More plat just because you're going to level it up?

why have, or use, a version of a gun that's inferior to a gun you can go out and buy day one?

Well from a purely logical perspective you are a completely right. There is no reason to use a mid-tier weapon even when tuned up close to high-tier, over an actual high-tier weapon.

However by that logic 95% of all weapons in this game should be ignored in favor of the superior weapons. Therefor everyone would only run around with Paris/Boltor/Latron prime primaries and Brakk/Marelok secondary and Dakra Prime/Dragon Nikana melee.

Also only Mirage, Rhino Prime and Loki Prime.

Which would be possible without ever needing any additional slots.

However this is not the case. Why? Because humans are not logical being. Because some players have preferences.

First you pointed out the obvious shortcut via buying Prime blueprints on the market. Okay, obvious option. But not everyone would want to spend real money on weapons. So getting a fully potatoed improved version of a weapon with free slot can be a great step towards getting said prime versions and since it didn't took up a slot there (which could be instead be bought in bulk with the plat saved) you can keep it as trophy.

For new players who don't want to spend platinum right away this could be the weapon that carries them through their middle part of the game's current progression.

Second there is personal preferance. Plain and simple. Some might like the base Latron over the Prime Latron because it doesn't have tacky bling on it or it's design is simply more appealing. Being CLOSE to the Latron Prime could be enough to keep it over said prime.

These are the two most likely reasons i can think on top of my head. Again, there is no purely logical explanation. It's just a free mid tier weapon, but why complain about it?

This is what I was hoping to see when I got my Latron Wraith

Fire rate: 6.0

Critical: 25%

Crit multi: 2.5x

Magazine: 20

Reload: 2.1

Impact: 10

Puncture: 50

Slash: 10

1/2 the damage of a paris prime, and 12x the fire rate? LOLLERSKATEZ!

It's slightly better weapon than Latron Prime overall, but requires 1 more Forma to reach max potential, in addition to relying on its fire rate to reach its higher DPS. Latron Prime still has higher DPH and doesn't require you to click like a mad man.

Fact it's silent makes it infinitely better imo.

1/2 the damage of a paris prime, and 12x the fire rate? LOLLERSKATEZ!

Latron Regular stats

Fire Rate: 4.2

Critical: 10%

Crit Mutli: 2x

Mag: 15

Reload: 2.4

Impact: 8.0

Puncture: 38.0

Slash:8.0

Latron prime is this but almost doubled. So It is not unrealistic.

Edited by Nalo1993

LW is fine guys, stop whining. 

With point strike, it puts it at 62% crit rate. Then factor in multishot and basically means you're getting at least one crit for every single shot you take. On top of that, the it has an increase of about 20% fire rate. Playing with and starting to add forma, i'm getting the feel that it is more of the latron spam style of play as opposed to the primed version which from the way it plays, is more for slower headshot play.

But let me add three more forma to bring it to par with my three forma prime and really play with them. Then i'll know for sure how each one is used best. And hopefully, warframebuilder adds them soon to play around with maxing them out.

-snip-

The key word here is one of my few dislikes with this game, Forma. I don't like the idea of having to re-level the same damn weapon 3 times just to get it a standard were I can use it outside of normal circumstances. You are right, it is use able I am just saying I wish it had been a bit strong then it is (given past wraith weapon stats).

Considering it is an easy to get event weapon and gives a V polarity, the most useful of all polarities instead of nothing at all or a D polarity, it's fair. I mean the weapon itself as calculated might have lower per shot damage, but its dps is higher and is silent which makes it better imo as a marksman rifle.

Considering it is an easy to get event weapon and gives a V polarity, the most useful of all polarities instead of nothing at all or a D polarity, it's fair. I mean the weapon itself as calculated might have lower per shot damage, but its dps is higher and is silent which makes it better imo as a marksman rifle.

IT'S SILENT?! Forget everything I said I'm happy.

Edited by Nalo1993

The moment you think of the Latron series as DPS weapons, is the moment you have lost sight of the point.  With precision weapons what matters is how hard they hit, and how reliably.

Agreed.. It's a tradeoff between accuracy and dps. If spraying bullets is your thing, stay away from any latron. If headshots is your thing, then this weapon is for you. The extra crit will sure com in handy there...

The moment you think of the Latron series as DPS weapons, is the moment you have lost sight of the point.  With precision weapons what matters is how hard they hit, and how reliably.

So, you basically get to choose reliabilty vs highest dmg possible.

So, you basically get to choose reliabilty vs highest dmg possible.

Well. What I mean is that the Latron has a small magazine size relative to its rate of fire and a slow reload. It is a weapon that you have to use with precision because if you spray the thing like mad, you'll just be reloading all the time. The worse a weapon's ROF:reload ratio is, and the more it prioritizes hits to weak spots, the less and less you can think of it as a DPS weapon because the bursts of damage get more and more sporadic.  I mean, do you think of sniper rifles as DPS weapons? No. That would be stupid. They are for dropping targets with a single, extremely powerful and accurate shot.  Any DPS figure you assign is purely hypothetical and irrelevant to the actual situation which is that the weapon must be aimed with care and its real damage output is based around your ability to find and line up shots rather than the mechanical speed of the weapon's action.

What grinds my gears the most is that it's a tenno weapon with wraith status. Up until now I was sure that vandal was for corpus weapons and wrath for grineer. There can only be primes for tenno.

So.... Lato is a Corpus weapon now?

Edit : Overwhauled my complete post.

Latron Prime -> Latron Wraith : Base Damage -35%, Fire Rate +25%, Crit Chance + 60%

This makes the Latron Wraith way superior to the Latron Prime DPS wise. Only drawback being the crazy mouse clicking involved. Actuallly Latron Wraith should be nerfed IMHO.

As someone else writes a few posts down : Slash damage with a semi auto weapon like a Latron doesnt really matter.

HHHHA! Mouse clicking. Xbox One controller for Master Race.

So level to 30 for affinity and then delete...ya...

Pity it looks cool though, wish I could use that skin on my Latron Prime. 

Suit yourself, but remember you will likely never get a second one and this one did not cost you a slot to keep.

Someone did math, the wraith has higher dps than the prime (18k with crit build). Check this https://imgur.com/0qz0eas

Uh oh. Now we might get people complaing about the Wraith because it can keep up with their hard earned or plat purchased LP or because they can't get it anymore.

Edited by Othergrunty

Any rifle with 35%+ crit chance can get 100% crit chance with Point Strike and Critical Delay.

This means that there's no need for slot machines when using Latron Wraith.

Also, the faster firing rate means there's no point NOT to go ahead and put on Critical Delay, as that's probably faster than a precision based weapon would want to be fired, anyways.

100% crit chance means that Vital Sense and Hammer Shot are now straight-up multipliers instead of situational multipliers. See bows.

Work out a few numbers. You'll see that Latron Wraith is actually pretty good compared to the Latron Prime, and definitely compared to Latron Vanilla.