The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron Wraith Feedback (Designated Megathread)

Netheroc

Edit : Overwhauled my complete post.

Latron Prime -> Latron Wraith : Base Damage -35%, Fire Rate +25%, Crit Chance + 60%

This makes the Latron Wraith way superior to the Latron Prime DPS wise. Only drawback being the crazy mouse clicking involved. Actuallly Latron Wraith should be nerfed IMHO.

As someone else writes a few posts down : Slash damage with a semi auto weapon like a Latron doesnt really matter.

Edited by AdFinitum

Latron > Latron Wraith

Fire Rate 4.2 > 5.4

Crit Chance 10% > 25%

Crit Mult 2.0 > 2.5

Status 10% > 20%

Mag 15 > 15

Reload 2.4 > 2.4

Impact 8.3 > 13.8

Puncture 38.5 > 38.5

Slash 8.2 > 2.8

Okay, so looking at this, the only thing that I can see as a downside is that because of the less Slash damage, it is slightly less effective against Infested. However, as it is a semi-automatic weapon with a somewhat slow fire-rate, and the method of Infested attack is to swarm, that really isn't much of a consideration.

Now that this is out, and when I can get on to do the event, I will probably not get the base Latron (except for if I really need to farm affinity).

its damage is kinda terrible. using the prime variant would be better. i thought wraiths/vandals were supposed to have a slight damage increase over normal versions of the weapon?

It does have a slight damage increase over the normal Latron. It just doesn't have a damage increase over the Latron Prime.

It also has a nearly Soma-tier crit rate.

You guys do realize that comparing a wraith with a Prime is SUPER wrong, right?

Wraith Latron is an upgrade of the Latron...which is a weak copy of the original (the Prime).

It is obvious that an upgrade of a weak fake will still be somewhat inferior to the glorious original Prime.

But this weapon still has a right to exist. It's higher crit and fire-rate make it feel different...+ the paintjob is nice

I'm not seeing a problem with LWs stats. It a good bit ahead of standard patron in Dmg and even has some slight advantages vs prime. Latron has always been a weapon best suited for grineer/corpus and not infested so the lower slash really isn't an issue. Loving the higher base crit though. I think it's just fine and sits solidly between standard and prime

Just do some calculation. If modded correctly to take advantage of the higher Crit chance and used exclusively as an anti-Corpus shield weapon, then Latron Wraith has about 20% more DPS than Latron Prime (taking into consideration of the fire rate boost). 

Also Latron Wraith's gun sound is sexy as hell. 

What grinds my gears the most is that it's a tenno weapon with wraith status. Up until now I was sure that vandal was for corpus weapons and wrath for grineer. There can only be primes for tenno.

Your assumption has two weak points. Strun Wraith and Lato Vandal.

What makes you think there can only be primes for Tenno equipment? Primes are weapons of Orokin origin, which the Tenno later replicated with more common materials. Hence why they are not event exclusive, but free for all to those who venture into the Orokin towers. They are seperate creations from Tenno equipment.

I admit it would be somewhat convinient if Vandal and Wraith would be terms exclusively to modified Corpus and Grineer weapons, since it would make it easier to point out why some are Vandals and others are Wraith, but these distictions could not be made since their very introduction.

The very first Wraith weapon was a modified Tenno weapon. The Strun.

The Strun is a Tenno weapon since it's near identical in appearance to the Boar, which has obvious Tenno markings and is based on the Boar Prime, the Orokin original which the Tenno copied.

Likewise one of the two first Vandal weapons was the Lato Vandal. Again a Tenno weapon, since it has Tenno markings and an Orokin original from which the Tenno copied it.

Mind you these two fall under the "old fashioned" Tenno weapons which the Latron, Furis or Boar also fall under. So i can see why some would think the Lato is not a Tenno weapon.

In the end the closest explanation we have for why something would be Wraith or Vandal is that Vandal are modification done by rogue Corpus weapon smiths and Wraiths are made by Red Veil associated weapon smiths.

But this weapon still has a right to exist. It's higher crit and fire-rate make it feel different...+ the paintjob is nice

Don't forget what it means for a newer player to aquire this weapon. I certainly was quite happy when i got the Snipetron Vandal as mastery 4 player and Strun Wraith as mastery 6 one.

Edited by Othergrunty

It's slightly better weapon than Latron Prime overall, but requires 1 more Forma to reach max potential, in addition to relying on its fire rate to reach its higher DPS. Latron Prime still has higher DPH and doesn't require you to click like a mad man.

Only Wraithed Grineer weapons were unveiled so far. This proves that the Red Veil can modify, if they want, Tenno weapons.

Also, no weapon "gets Primed". Primes are discovered/retrieved and are not enhancements.

Hope you're less confused.

Also, yay, Latron Wraith!

Strun probably isn't a grineer weapon given how it's gray and angular instead of yellow/green/orange and bulbous.

I admit, the notion that the Wraith is an upgrade of the original Latron, and not comparable to the Latron Prime, did not occur to me.

However, one of my original points, though a small one, rings true: the Latron Prime, being a Prime weapon, is available to trade, and therefore buy, from anyone. If two weeks from now, a brand new player [who is told what to do] could create an account, add plat, go into trade chat, and BUY the Latron Prime. which [if considered superior] overshadows the use of the Latron Wraith. Other than bragging rights and uniqueness, as Othergrunty pointed out, why have, or use, a version of a gun that's inferior to a gun you can go out and buy day one?

Guest Tehnoobshow

The event weapons have never taken up slots. They always come with their own, as well as a free Catalyst installed.

Yeah, DE can be really generous when they want to.

You guys do realize that comparing a wraith with a Prime is SUPER wrong, right?

Wraith Latron is an upgrade of the Latron...which is a weak copy of the original (the Prime).

It is obvious that an upgrade of a weak fake will still be somewhat inferior to the glorious original Prime.

and dat sound it has.. i like it :3