The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You Want Kills With Nova? Sucks To Be You.

-GM-Cha_Dude-

Gameplay-wise, kill count doesn't matter for anything.  That said, assuming people actually care (you and some others have demonstrated this) the equitable solution would be 1) no one gets the credit or 2) both players get the credit.  Not sure which one makes sense.  Maybe 3) Nova gets half the credit and the other party gets the other half?  Either way, it doesn't have an impact on gameplay and Nova spammers could cheese leaderboards by stealing all their squadmates' kills before this change; now their teammates can steal all the kills back. :p

Number 3 wouldn't work. 

What happens if you kill a cluster with an odd number such as 17? Who does the 17th kill go to? ... 

I guess it could go to the one who sets off the cluster I.E the one who pulls the trigger. . . 

Personally, I don't care. 

Edited by TwiceDead

Gameplay-wise, kill count doesn't matter for anything.  That said, assuming people actually care (you and some others have demonstrated this) the equitable solution would be 1) no one gets the credit or 2) both players get the credit.  Not sure which one makes sense.  Maybe 3) Nova gets half the credit and the other party gets the other half?  Either way, it doesn't have an impact on gameplay and Nova spammers could cheese leaderboards by stealing all their squadmates' kills before this change; now their teammates can steal all the kills back. :p

If Saryn spams miasma is she stealing kills?

Molecular prime does do damage... That's what the explosions are. It even varies with power strength and the mod level.

Primed enemies move and attack 10% / 20% / 25% / 30% slower, take 200% damage from all sources, and detonate upon death dealing 150 / 300 / 500 / 800 18px-Blast_b.png Blast damage to enemies within 6 / 7 / 8 / 10 meters

It's not MP's damage anymore though, it's the triggering player's damage which is why it counts as their kill.

You MPing something alone does not kill it, therefore you do not get the kill counted as yours.  The person who uses a weapon to attack an enemy is the one that kills it and the kill counts as theirs.

And now it will count all through the chain.

It's not MP's damage anymore though, it's the triggering player's damage which is why it counts as their kill.

You MPing something alone does not kill it, therefore you do not get the kill counted as yours.  The person who uses a weapon to attack an enemy is the one that kills it and the kill counts as theirs.

And now it will count all through the chain.

They kill the first enemy.  M.Prime's damage kills the rest.

They kill the first enemy.  M.Prime's damage kills the rest.

They kill all the enemies in the resulting chain via killing the first.  If the first is not killed, the rest will not die.  The person actually doing the killing gets the credit.

And that person can certainly be the caster of MP!

Wait, they changed nova too?!

What did they do exactly? This is news to me.

If a primed enemy is killed in any way, the kill credit goes to the player that killed it (or started the explosion chain), not the caster of MP.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/298960-update-145-operation-cryotic-front/

They kill all the enemies in the resulting chain via killing the first.  If the first is not killed, the rest will not die.  The person actually doing the killing gets the credit.

And that person can certainly be the caster of MP!

If a primed enemy is killed in any way, the kill credit goes to the player that killed it (or started the explosion chain), not the caster of MP.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/298960-update-145-operation-cryotic-front/

If M.Prime was not cast, would killing the first enemy die in an explosion that killed all the others?  No, then M.Prime is what killed them.

If M.Prime was not cast, would killing the first enemy die in an explosion that killed all the others?  No, then M.Prime is what killed them.

If MP was cast and nothing was attacked, nothing would die.  So DE has decided that the credit for actual kills should go towards the person initiating the kills, since people were always getting Extremely Butthurt™ over a Nova getting credit for kills without actually attacking anything.

For those saying "no more Nova getting all xp". You were getting exact same xp no matter what. Learn some xp mechanics.

Even now, the same exact xp your teammate got is shared b/w everyone, including Nova. The only difference, the xp will be distributed b/w Nova and her guns whereas before, all the xp would go to frame.

I really don't see any point of complains :D

I'm a huge Nova player and this change is very exciting! Finally can level other guns when playing her. The best thing, if teammates kill the enemies you get the most xp so I don't even need to kill anything now lol

Edited by (PS4)iBoiz

For those saying "no more Nova getting all xp". You were getting exact same xp no matter what. Learn some xp mechanics.

Even now, the same exact xp your teammate got is shared b/w everyone, including Nova. The only difference, the xp will be distributed b/w Nova and her guns whereas before, all the xp would go to frame.

I really don't see any point of complains :D

I'm a huge Nova player and this change is very exciting! Finally can level other guns when playing her. The best thing, if teammates kill the enemies you get the most xp so I don't even need to kill anything now lol

Totally, totally this. I've kicked my Nova to the curb simply because I'm constantly trying to rank up weapons while playing the game. Before this change, Nova's MP completely obliterated any chance of my weapons ranking up steadily whenever I used it. Basically, all that exp was wasted. Now, it's not.

Seriously guys who cares about the damn xp and the stupid kill count , all i care is that MP atm is f....ed up because it takes 2sec to trigger the explosion after you kill an enemy. And no it isn't lag or delay or anything like it !!!

Dude, this turns Nova into an amazing team player, and means instead of getting 100% of the experience onto the Warframe, you get it split across your weapons. This is a fantastic change, especially if you have friends to play with, as it'll speed up Affinity farming for everyone involved.

Actually it specifically said XP not kills so perhaps Nova still gets the kills but the lions share of XP goes to the player.

And yes this change is awesome. 

In the example it gives in the changes to mprime it states that the player who starts the explosion will recieve the kills. (not that kills should even matter in a co op game)

But as to this change i think it is awesome as well

+1 to you DE.... +1

All you cool guys calling this awesome, you really think Nova's that have a clue will bother with MPrime now? Now you'll have a teammember that's basically dead weight. And don't mention Antimatter Drop, it's useless in run-n-gun Warframe.. "Hold on guys, lemme guide this ball here to the floor while no one shoots at it".

What medication are you on? It's a coop game. If you are not here to help other players please find another game.

"Oh noes, it will now take 1 hour instead of 45 minutes to get the same XP with a party of four". You know what, they need to go solo and stop being a drama queen.