Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Miss The Galatine

Jokul

I miss the charge attack, it was fun.

Get the Cleaving Whirlwind stance that allows you to do that Raging Bull combo or whatever it's called. Charge attack no longer missed. :-)

Warning: You may, however, find yourself singing, "You spin me right round, baby, right round..." frequently.

Edited by Angelus_de_Mortiel

I miss the old galatine too. I was looking through some of my old video clips and I saw some that featured the galatine. I don't miss it being OP, but I miss the feel that charge attacks gave heavy weapons.

Cleaving Whirlwind's combos would be good if they didn't feature stumbles. Stumbling around after spinning a few times seems really unprofessional.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

I don't mind. I just hate that they stumble. I mean tenno should have balance stabilizers. Hell they can climb on walls and wall run. Use freakin awesome abilities but stumble after spinning 7 times :p

I mean, I would get dizzy too after all the cool guy stuff xD

I don't mind. I just hate that they stumble. I mean tenno should have balance stabilizers. Hell they can climb on walls and wall run. Use freakin awesome abilities but stumble after spinning 7 times :p

Use valkyr, crit mods with berzerker and fury.

Pump up war cry.

Keep humming the spin me right round song.

Nah. I don't miss walking forward and holding right click. I do however absolutely love how truely epic and visceral the new combos for greatswords/axes are.

It astounds me that people would actually favor a basic, slow @$$ attack over an awesome, even more powerful explosion of swings and overall badassery.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Nah. I don't miss walking forward and holding right click. I do however absolutely love how truely epic and visceral the new combos for greatswords/axes are.

It astounds me that people would actually favor a basic, slow @$$ attack over an awesome, even more powerful explosion of swings and overall badassery.

That basic slow attack didn't involve stumbling around like an idiot. There is nothing badass about getting dizzy.

That basic slow attack didn't involve stumbling around like an idiot. There is nothing badass about getting dizzy.

Then don't keep spamming it. You only stumble if you do the final E in the attack combo. Count your swings, and stop before the final swing. Bam, no stumbling, and it promotes actually being engaged with what you're doing instead of right click spam.

Oh I love the combos - don't get me wrong! I think the speed and motions for the regular attacks and the combos are just right for a Great Sword (barring that overhead chopping motion which is a bit too fast IMO) and there's a really nice sense of power and weight when it swings...but that's where that feeling stops. I want to see enemies knocked backwards if the sword doesn't outright cut them in half and send the resulting parts flying - and I feel that's really not there.

On a side note, I'd like to see a move added where you do a forward, two-handed braced thrust that does high Puncture.

Then don't keep spamming it. You only stumble if you do the final E in the attack combo. Count your swings, and stop before the final swing. Bam, no stumbling, and it promotes actually being engaged with what you're doing instead of right click spam.

Holding E was easier and didn't require me to count anything. And keeping track of the swings gets pretty hard when you're max berserker proc'd and have Warcry/Speed going. 

Literally the second post and the rest after it are on the topic of the Cleaving Whirlwind stance... 

Pretty much.

I wouldn't say the Galatine itself sucks, but it's definitely underwhelming. The only thing that makes it interesting is its reach and Cleaving Whirlwind.

How sad is that?