Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Have A Sexually Ambiguous Warframe?

Guest Tehnoobshow

Guest Tehnoobshow

It's kind of hard for us sentient AI out there to relate to any of the frames currently in the game. Maybe we could have a new Tenno that was so #*($%%@ up in the void that no one even knows what it is? Maybe the Tenno stole its Warframe suit or pieced it together out of the armor of fallen comrades? And this Tenno just jumped out of the void suddenly to fight in the war, so no one asked any questions, because it was so good at fighting.

No

Also, I thought Volt was sexually ambiguous.

I don't think he is. Outside of being on the lean side (I'd say skinny, but Nekros claimed that spot), he's got the rest of his physique very obviously male built (compared the the ladies who are so 100% not mistaken for a man). Broad shouldered, defined 'back muscles' in that frame. Key points,

I think even if DE was to release a sexually-ambiguous frame that the community would examine it, and declare it either male or female regardless. A lot of people on here don't have great anatomical gender recognition [like those offering Volt and Zephyr as sexually ambiguous], and a lot of grumbles would be had over trying to decide which it is.

That said, sexual ambiguity is hard to design. Your design will end up leaning male or female unless you've had practise or education in stuff like that. Most sexually ambiguous designs end up taking a male and making him femmy, or making a female design more bulky and less 'assets', and even then those end up being a 'both' design rather than 'neither'.

I think that on top of making a sexually ambiguous frame, DE should aim for a wider variety of physical builds. Characters like Nekros is a start, as is Zephyr. 

Guest Tehnoobshow

I think even if DE was to release a sexually-ambiguous frame that the community would examine it, and declare it either male or female regardless. A lot of people on here don't have great anatomical gender recognition [like those offering Volt and Zephyr as sexually ambiguous], and a lot of grumbles would be had over trying to decide which it is.

That said, sexual ambiguity is hard to design. Your design will end up leaning male or female unless you've had practise or education in stuff like that. Most sexually ambiguous designs end up taking a male and making him femmy, or making a female design more bulky and less 'assets', and even then those end up being a 'both' design rather than 'neither'.

I think that on top of making a sexually ambiguous frame, DE should aim for a wider variety of physical builds. Characters like Nekros is a start, as is Zephyr.

Sexually ambiguous anatomy is actually quite simple, just take a child's proportions and enlarge the body equally while keeping the head the same size. Basically, a figure with equally wide shoulders and hips, and a flat chest (mammary glands are a female secondary charcteristic). There should also be no significant sign of muscle in any part of the body.