The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Skins Contest

[DE]Rebecca

That's really nice. If you are stumped, I would suggest some details on the handle. Just a thought.

well i'm doing the basic of my zoren skin right now  

7U7gmDS.png

inside de glowy areas of the blades, its slightly transparent

but when i go back on my akmagnus i'll do that ^^

Edited by OctaviusProwerCoyote

im sure this wont be the only contest they hold, dip your toes into blender, and a paint program. Watch a few hours of video tutorials on skinning, and texturing. Blender is really easy to use and pretty easy to pick up once u learn most the shortcuts. Good luck to all the new people in 3d art.

Sure thing. I need to try and use blender. I had a pretty bad experience with it, when I was first thought how to use it, I was really young. I never really managed to get it working the way I would have wanted and it frustrated me so much, that it sort of turned me off of digital art. I'll need to give it another shot.

Here's my entry. This was my first time ever using Photoshop and Blender. I learned a lot. I'm quite proud of the custom Kubrow design I made from scratch, I've never done anything like that before.

BR9M0p3.jpg

The lines around the Kubrow and the claw marks will glow the same color as the chosen energy color, giving off a sweet neon outline look.

The skin is fully tintable, I added a new tint channel for the Kubrow and the claw marks (used the unused tint channel in the file).

Finally I'm finished! Phew, it's 4 AM over here!

EDIT: Added the updated image with the glow showing on all renders. Thanks egreciousRac for helping a Blender newb!

Edited by Shaozis

Please consider an extension of the deadline.

It seems this contest was only posted to the in game newsfeed a day ago, so people like myself that otherwise never visit the forums are just now hearing about it. I'm very disappointed this wasn't posted sooner; there's not even enough time left to do anything decent. Additionally, for anyone with no experience in these programs, it is a lot to learn.

Here's my entry. This was my first time ever using Photoshop and Blender. I learned a lot. I'm quite proud of the custom Kubrow design I made, I've never done anything like that before.

8okYLqZ.jpg

The lines around the Kubrow and the claw marks are supposed to glow the same color as the chosen energy color, giving off a sweet neon outline look. Sadly, Blender can't render the glow in so it's all in normal color in the picture.

this right here

Here's my entry. This was my first time ever using Photoshop and Blender. I learned a lot. I'm quite proud of the custom Kubrow design I made, I've never done anything like that before.

-snip-

In-game, the lines around the Kubrow and the claw marks will glow the same color as the chosen energy color, giving off a sweet neon outline look. Sadly, Blender can't render the glow so it's all in regular, non-shiny color in the picture.

Add an emissive shader and link both it and the main shader with an add mix. That will give you the energy.

LxbsuRY.jpg

I made this the other day, never done anything like this before but I thought it would be fun. The akmagnus has long been my favorite secondary and some of the submissions are really awesome but here's mine anyway >_>

The Kubrows along the barrel and the Symbol on the handle should glow with your energy color. The celtic design on the bullet chamber uses the same primary color as the basic magnus. The engraving designs are fairly typical when I was looking for pictures of engraved pistols and revolvers and they use the 4th tint color that is unused by the default magnus.

I lol'd when I saw the last guy posted a kubrow themed magnus too -_-.

Oh BTW the symbol on the handle is a Japanese symbol for Ninja.

Hope somebody likes it >:þ

Heres the original renders:

Hi5UjrZ.jpg

uvPRw3O.jpg

C8Vmkg8.jpg

"Eu tenho uma política muito rígida em relação a armas. Se há alguma por perto, que seja em minhas mãos." Clint Eastwood.

"My policy is very hard regarding weapons. If there are any around, must be in my hands."

7azG0tC.jpg

Edited by Snakeziin

8okYLqZ.jpg

In-game, the lines around the Kubrow and the claw marks will glow the same color as the chosen energy color, giving off a sweet neon outline look. Sadly, Blender can't render the glow so it's all in regular, non-shiny color in the picture.

LxbsuRY.jpg

I made this the other day, never done anything like this before but I thought it would be fun. The akmagnus has long been my favorite secondary and some of the submissions are really awesome but here's mine anyway >_>

The Kubrows along the barrel and the Symbol on the handle should glow with your energy color. The celtic design on the bullet chamber uses the same primary color as the basic magnus. The engraving designs are fairly typical when I was looking for pictures of engraved pistols and revolvers and they use the 4th tint color that is unused by the default magnus.

I lol'd when I saw the last guy posted a kubrow themed magnus too -_-.

Oh BTW the symbol on the handle is a Japanese symbol for Ninja.

Hope somebody likes it >:þ

Heres the original renders:

Hi5UjrZ.jpg

uvPRw3O.jpg

C8Vmkg8.jpg

These right here. One of these needs to win.

Never forget the 501st

A number of potentially talented folks are just hearing about this now as it has been mentioned exclusively on the website - only posted to in game news feed for these past couple days. Any chance there could be a deadline extension for this contest so we can see more artists come out from the woodwork? I would love to see more concepts and have a better shot to flesh out a design myself. (Not that I'm not seriously trying to get one done in time.)

updating my WIP on the infested Vectis! please let me know what everyone thinks :o

EDIT: Removed the old image to help clean up this thread for when entries need to be taken. if you want to see the old renders they're available on my feedback thread. Here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/311241-looking-for-feedback-on-my-entry-in-the-current-weapon-skin-contest/

Also, It's fully tintable!

Edited by KittyDarkling