Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Distilling Extractors Do Not Return Rare Resources Often Enough ( Or At All )

Dwarfstar

I have had four distilling extractors running on Ceres, Saturn, Jupiter, and Mars. Two extraction cycles per 24hr ( I run them in the morning and again in the evening ).

I have been doing this for over a week straight.

I have yet to recieve a single neural sensor, orokin cell, or gallium.

I do get a lot of fieldron and detonite. I don't need these- with the addition of invasion rewards, there is little need to build fieldrons and detonite injectors.

This is unbalanced and forces players into a possibly undesirable position where they have to farm planetary bosses for resources. For those of us who have had all of the Stalker's equipment for months, we don't want to get marked just to get resources.

Being able to deploy and harvest from 3+ extractors is supposed to be a benefit of high mastery rank ( and founder access ), but currently the distilling extractors are a waste of time.

Please revisit the extraction rates for these items and improve the drop rate for the rare components that people actually need- Gallium, Neural Sensors, and Orokin Cells,

• 4 weeks later...

Extractors arent really designed to harvest rare resources (they are rare afterall), they are much better working for uncommon resources you use a lot of and arent playing on those planets that drop them.

Dont expect to many rare resources, I've been running them since they arrived in game and think I've only really gained at most 50 of any one rare resource.  At the end of the day they are all about RN and figure rare resources are less than 5% chance to be gathered.

Personally they need more options and control on extractors so they are mostly worth while.

Maybe able to set a type of resources to look for which then determines the liekly hood of damage and how long they have to look for.

For example say taking 24 hours (maybe longer) to find rare resources (even if it is just one single unit of the resource) with a high chance to take moderate to high damage (as in more than 50% damage) or 4-8 hours for a common resource with low chance to take low to moderate damage.

Edited by Loswaith

Extractors arent really designed to harvest rare resources (they are rare afterall), they are much better working for uncommon resources you use a lot of and arent playing on those planets that drop them.

Dont expect to many rare resources, I've been running them since they arrived in game and think I've only really gained at most 50 of any one rare resource.  At the end of the day they are all about RN and figure rare resources are less than 5% chance to be gathered.

Personally they need more options and control on extractors so they are mostly worth while.

Maybe able to set a type of resources to look for which then determines the liekly hood of damage and how long they have to look for.

For example say taking 24 hours (maybe longer) to find rare resources (even if it is just one single unit of the resource) with a high chance to take moderate to high damage (as in more than 50% damage) or 4-8 hours for a common resource with low chance to take low to moderate damage.

If I spend that much Oxium on an extractor I wold like it to make some return .-.  Currently I retired my distilling extractors because my titan's have gathered far more rare resources for me- and they harvest faster.

Edit: they are not reactors, I shouldn't be typing in a public forum this late...

Edited by Xeo_Nespydonum

Most of my stash of orokin cells and neural sensors have come from extractors (namely, the distillers).

They find them often enough to make it worth while to keep turning them over twice a day.

Like many things in the game, their chance of finding rare resources is pure RNG and very streaky. Still, they find enough I don't have to actively farm for them and that's good enough.

Been getting good amounts of Sensors, Neurodes and Orokin Cells with my extractors.

They could up the frequency a bit, but I don't really see a need for re-working them.

It's not like you should rely on them to get you resources when you need them anyway. They're there to provide a steady supply of stuff and give you some nice extra rare resources every once in a while.

But you can't expect your extractors to give you rare resources when you're in a pinch and need them badly.

An increase would be nice OR allow us to choose specifically which resource we want.  The rarer it is the longer it would take as an idea.  

Any type of change that could at least show some results would be well welcomed.  They are useless otherwise because I can go farm what it gives me myself in 10 minutes or less.  8 hours is too long for the small amount of resource they give.

My guess is that distilling extractors do something silly like tripling chance of rare drops, from 1% to 3%.

Sure seems nice on paper and all, but since harvesting takes 8 hours + collection time its real bullS#&$.

Edited by Davoodoo

I regret building a Distiller. Over a month, Ceres and Saturn have not delivered a single Orokin. Got Neural Sensors once when I changed planets. Whoopeee ... no wait.

Frankly its a waste of my time just for the clicks.

I don't feel disappointed in it anymore. I've just lost complete faith in them.

I thought the whole point of a distilling extractor was for rare resources like neurodes and orokin cells?  I concur that for the effort we go through to grind the 150 oxium (if nothing else), there should be a better payoff.

What, exactly, is "distilled" when the other extractor is pulling the same old junk? lol

Edited by (PS4)IkariWarrior83

My distilling extractors have never brought me back rare resources, BUT, my regular old crappy titan extractors have.... several times. 

I think I've gotten orokin cells from a distilling extractor once.  And that was the only rare resource it ever collected.  My regular extractors, on the other hand, are surprisingly reliable at finding neural sensors.