Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Rather Large List Of 'broken' Skins.

LoopStricken

Excalibur Immortal skin (I can't speak towards the other immortal skins) doesn't just have the problem of having those lazy white lines (I say lazy because it's a product of sloppy work delineating the different colorable sections of the texture). It is also just low quality overall.

This is a known issue and on the art team's plate. Thanks!

Related, in a way; The newest skins have energy coloring issues. The Combustion Dual Zoren flat out does not change, and I imagine it's the same with the rest, and Kuberos or however it is spelled seems to be overlayed on some yellow or orange, and unless it's something like the Infested's bottom left most blue, it looks wrong. :P

This most likely happens due to the compression of dds, causing issues with the number of colors and where the colors are placed, sometimes dragging colors into places you don't want, making certain areas colorable or uncolorable

If the art team finds a way to deal with this while still using dds, i would like to know the methods.

Edited by KIREEKPSO

This most likely happens due to the compression of dds, causing issues with the number of colors and where the colors are placed, sometimes dragging colors into places you don't want, making certain areas colorable or uncolorable

If the art team finds a way to deal with this while still using dds, i would like to know the methods.

Nova's immortal skin once worked without the nasty white lines it has now. But it turned out the skin back then was missing a bunch of details so they "fixed" it, and thus the white lines appeared.

This is one of the few pics I have of the working incorrect skin (notice the missing details on her legs as well as the lack of "mesh" patterns on her forearms). Oh, and don't mind the boogey man hanging in the air.

29qmujs.jpg

I would like to add Mag in the process (will post a screenshot soon if the TS doesnt have any samples for it). Aside from the 'pixel/white' issues, Adding up an Immortal skin to a Mag Prime just makes her look 'ordinary' compared to what other primes look like when you insert a skin into them.

Excaliber/Rhino/Loki/Nyx/Nova/Ember/Frost still LOOKS like a PRIME even with a skin is equipped, unlike Mag Prime? I cant visually tell the difference between a Mag and a Mag Prime if an Immortal Skin is equipped.

Mag's gold sweg are removed when an Immortal Skin is equipped.

Edited by Airnad

I would like to add Mag in the process (will post a screenshot soon if the TS doesnt have any samples for it). Aside from the 'pixel/white' issues, Adding up an Immortal skin to a Mag Prime just makes her look 'ordinary' compared to what other primes look like when you insert a skin into them.

Excaliber/Rhino/Loki/Nyx/Nova/Ember/Frost still LOOKS like a PRIME even with a skin is equipped, unlike Mag Prime? I cant visually tell the difference between a Mag and a Mag Prime if an Immortal Skin is equipped.

+1. Would be great if golden pieces on primes weren't covered by skins.

It's pretty terrible when you're trying to colour your skin and you end up with a load of jagged white lines everywhere.

Lol. Until I read this post, I thought the whites lines were intended... :p It looks good imo(unless you're not looking for that)

Err. Mag Prime still has her shoulder and hip attachments. Excalibur and Frost, when wearing other skins, have every single piece of their gold trim covered, save their helmets.

• 2 months later...

Been waiting since forever. They'll get around to it if we nag hard enough. Some of these make my eyes hurt. 

I got really noisy about it for a time (well at least as noisy as I get)

But then they confirmed they were looking into it. even said they fixed a few of them and were hard at work on the others... that was in January I think.. I'm hoping they'll fix it in U16. If it's not I'll probably start posting "still no fix for"s in patch notes after the inevitable  slew of U16 bug fixes.

Some day I'll be able to use Nova Prime's Immortal skin.... Some day..