Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Radial Blind Nerf Was Justified.

achromos

The entire ability made enemies helpless to the point it was like shooting fish in a barrel.  Just equip max range high efficiency and make sure the duration was decent and it was a "I Win" button, except in terms of CC. 

Now, I do realize that Excal does not have ANY other good abilitys...  So, no I'm not happy about the nerf.  What would be a better idea was to make one of his other abilitys actually useful in a way to balance it out so people wouldn't completely neglect all the others in a attempt to show everyone else that "Excalibur can be viable too! Please don't shun my favorite frame because he cannot clear a room in two seconds with a ability!" 

That what I said in quotations... Isn't sarcasm.  People don't want Excalibur in their party, well elitists don't... but he gets a bad reputation for both being mediocre statwise and a "Newbie" frame.  So... taking away (a very overpowered ability that locked enemies down so easily) was justified, yes... not giving Excalibur players anything else really wasn't tactful.  Personally just bump the javelin up in damage, reduce the time it takes to cast it, make slash-dash proc bleed and increase the damage too and I'm sure other people will actually use them.

If DE's thoughts were "People are only using X ability so lets nerf it so they use Y and Z as well..."  The reason why they don't use ANY other ability is that those abilitys aren't effective.  It's the same reason why Oberon was both underused and the MOST that people used him for was Heals with Reckoning for AoE lockdown spam.

Edited by Sibarian

I was waiting for this. I just love these threads. 

I think its hilarious that they stealth nerfed him. This was not justified as they did nothing to compensate this nerf. IE reworking another power. 

Dont just blindly increase the damage of his damage based powers, that does not help. The slash proc is a great idea. Shuriken is a 25 cost that has bleed, why not slash dash?

Edited by armedpoop

Excalibro has been garbage since Damage 2.0 came along. Sucks to suck and all that.

Then people found out that Radial Blind makes him awesome. And Useful. So he was brought along because he had decent uses.

Then they nerfed it without a single announcement. Or note. That's what I'm probably the most annoyed about. Something that big just being forgotten.

I love this topic. You didn't type ExcalibUr correctly even once.

In all seriousness, a bright flash of light should not choose how many and which enemies to blind, that's plain stupid. If they made it logically correct by requiring line-of-sight, why does it have a fixed number of enemies that can be blinded per cast?

If they removed the fixed count of enemies that are blinded per cast, I can think of a combo since it needs line of sight. Super Jump to an elevated position before casting Blind, acting as a Flashbang that can blind enemies even behind cover.

As of now, Radial Blind has been nerfed to the ground.

Look at Prism. It has no limited number of targets blinded, has a 50m radius, but it does not need line-of-sight too. As of now, Prism>Radial Blind, and Mirage still has Hall Of Mirrors and Eclipse as two other VERY good skills. You officially made Excalibur ECLIPSED (geddit?) by Mirage almost conpletely.

Edited by X3Evanescence

Yer right. By your logic most frames should be nerfed

Loki: radial disarm/invisibility these are overpowered

Rhino:rhino stomp/iron skin

Vaubon: vortex

Hydroid:puddle power

Valkyrie:hysteria

Zephy:turbulence

Volt:electric shield

Ash:blade storm

Mirage:prism

Oh look these are also overpowerd then if you think Excalibur was

It's not so over powered as you say. Enemies take cover, throw grenades and shoot back.

Did you ever use it?  With a decent duration the only thing I saw when using a Radial Blind build was that they were standing stock still holding their eyes for a while, and then didn't even react to any of my movement or the sound of my gun (I don't think the boltor prime Is silent...) or the rest of my team, and I could also just refresh it too to keep them locked in place once they stopped holding their head in pain.

In all seriousness, a bright flash of light should not choose how many and which enemies to blind, that's plain stupid. If they made it logically correct by requiring line-of-sight, why does it have a fixed number of enemies that can be blinded per cast?

I really don't get why, or what logic is behind limiting how many people that can be blinded in addition to the LoS.  Personally, it is illogical.  Though in terms of sheer gameplay... It is kinda ok... Still wierd imo limiting the number of enemies that can be blinded per cast.

Edited by Sibarian

Dude.

1)Upping damage is bullS#&$. Damage don't scale.

2)RB OP? Really? It's a powerful ability, but in no way overpowered. It gave you breathing room, stopped enemies shooting you. It was a tactical    advantage, like a flash genade. Every Excalibur main-er out there with me knows that if u just spam 2 and hope to win, THEY WILL WIPE THE FLOOR  WITH YOU. You need to know when to activate, where to activate to get maximum effect out of it.

3)Unless they completely rework, him, I don't see how they can change his other abilities to buff him. They completely broke him.

4) RB is BROKEN. Targeting is wonky, and unless enemies face you, they aren't blinded.

Not mad at you mate. You mean well, but your reasons just aren't justified.

If you can show me otherwise, Iwill concede my points.

If they removed the fixed count of enemies that are blinded per cast, I can think of a combo since it needs line of sight. Super Jump to an elevated position before casting Blind, acting as a Flashbang that can blind enemies even behind cover.

As of now, Radial Blind has been nerfed to the ground.

High five, bro. Please, explain.

Did you ever use it?  With a decent duration the only thing I saw when using a Radial Blind build was that they were standing stock still holding their eyes for a while, and then didn't even react to any of my movement or the sound of my gun (I don't think the boltor prime Is silent...) or the rest of my team, and I could also just refresh it too to keep them locked in place once they stopped holding their head in pain.

Yes I use him extensively. They start shooting back not instantly though. But grenades are deadly.

I really don't get why, or what logic is behind limiting how many people that can be blinded in addition to the LoS.  Personally, it is illogical.  Though in terms of sheer gameplay... It is kinda ok... Still wierd imo limiting the number of enemies that can be blinded per cast.

that was a bug, man. They squirm for 5 secs, then run off randomly, or take cover, shooting randomly or chucking grenades. I've seen what you described in some void matches. But it was a bug.

Mirage and Oberon are blinding people through cover. Just fine.

No LOS checks, unlimited targets, equally easy to spam, just shorter range.

Only Excal gotten the short end of the stick with an LOS check and possibly an enemy number check as well.

If DE wants to do this for all CCs and AOE, they better do this for everyone else.

Like World of Fire cannot explode enemies behind cover, Stomp not affecting people humping in chest high walls, Disarm not working against enemies in cover, MPrime cannot prime what you cannot see etc.

Edited by fatpig84

Mirage and Oberon are blinding people through cover. Just fine.

No LOS checks, unlimited targets, equally easy to spam, just shorter range.

Only Excal gotten the short end of the stick with an LOS check and possibly an enemy number check as well.

If DE wants to do this for all CCs and AOE, they better do this for everyone else.

Like World of Fire cannot explode enemies behind cover, Stomp not affecting people humping in chest high walls, Disarm not working against enemies in cover, MPrime cannot prime what you cannot see etc.

All of my this. 

Dude.

1)Upping damage is bullS#&$. Damage don't scale.

2)RB OP? Really? It's a powerful ability, but in no way overpowered. It gave you breathing room, stopped enemies shooting you. It was a tactical    advantage, like a flash genade. Every Excalibur main-er out there with me knows that if u just spam 2 and hope to win, THEY WILL WIPE THE FLOOR  WITH YOU. You need to know when to activate, where to activate to get maximum effect out of it.

3)Unless they completely rework, him, I don't see how they can change his other abilities to buff him. They completely broke him.

4) RB is BROKEN. Targeting is wonky, and unless enemies face you, they aren't blinded.

Not mad at you mate. You mean well, but your reasons just aren't justified.

If you can show me otherwise, Iwill concede my points.

I don't hate Excaliber, he is actually a frame I like aesthetically.  Though again, I cannot personally show you now... but before the "fix" I have tried it out in survival and with Max Range (overextend + stretch) It covered the whole room, locking all the enemies down.  For a time enemies would just stand stock still, NOT doing a thing other than holding their head in pain.  Then when they did move, they would not see me (still blinded) and i could fire at them and they didn't react to my presence.  With the amount of efficiency I had on my 1 Forma Excal... I could spam it and lock a room down, and if I really wanted to I could just plunk down a Team Energy restore and just have the room in lock down almost infinately even if enemies didn't drop energy orbs. (apparently a bug...)

So... I really never felt threatened by enemies as long as I could press 4 and every one of them within a mile radius stopped in their tracks. (apparently a bug..)

Personally, treat Slash-dash like the shuriken ability that ash has, give it a heavy bleed proc and give the jav ability a stun on enemies hit and reduce the windup time or something.  I DON'T want to see Excalibur reduced to nothing, I absolutely do not advocate the nerfing of a warframe to the point his abilitys are ineffective or not fun...  :/

Edited by Sibarian