Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frustration Reaching Critical Levels. Time To Take A Week Off.

[DE]Momaw

Excalibur.

The thing that irritates me more than massive nerfs to a frame that I literally just wasted 4 forma on, is the completely insane priorities going on here. Take a frame that has a really good feature-- just one-- and beat it to death while not adjusting anything else about the frame to compensate.  And while ignoring Excalibur's useless abilities, make sure to ignore all the other useless abilities of other frames too.  Nerfing Excalibur's one saving grace was obviously much more important than, I dunno, making Nekros not a 3-pressing robot.

I've tried being constructive. It doesn't work.  Tried a few times to raise awareness of issues with melee;  not touched since Melee 2.0 (March?).  Tried to propose reasonable reworks of the frames that need some love; not touched.  I broke down exactly what the problem with sniper rifles was, and what needed to be done to fix them....  That got touched but completely missed the point. I'm not even going to bother trying to organize my thoughts on shotguns. Good luck on that one. Kubrow system is filled with either sadistic microtransactions or sadistic speed bumps, take your pick. The ongoing and near total blackout toward filling out the game's story and purpose, leading to players who have no moral context for their actions. Seriously, we have threads wondering if the Tenno should be considered terrorists.  It's not even worth my time to idle in trade chat, because trying to trade things is like asking people to volunteer for trepanning unless you happen to have the Prime Part du Jour to give away for a pittance.

So yeah. My efforts to be up-beat and constructive and to look on the bright side must be met with some kind of result in order to not turn into a negative feedback loop of disappointment and frustration. Every time things go wrong, things which could have been so so easily avoided if we just had some kind of two-way discussion going on...

Before I get angry enough to start breaking things, I'm gonna take a week off.  See you for the next round of scattershot nerfs I guess.

DE-Team already Nerfs might not have been inteded, it's just investigated. There is a dev-tracker, you can see when they post something. Why do people take so long to notice things that, according to themselves, bother them so much?

Nay, changes are an intended change that got out early by accident apparently 

See : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/308250-radial-blind-status/

Nay, changes are an intended change that got out early by accident apparently 

See : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/308250-radial-blind-status/

They got out early, which also implies that they are not ready yet. Plus, the statement by Megan indicates that only walls are meant to be an obstruction. As it is now, everything, including enemies and low-placed objects, block Radial Blind. It may have gotten out early, but it was clearly not meant to be released yet, since the version we have right now is bugged.

Dearest Tenno,

Last evening Excalibur’s Radial Blind received a change that impacted the effectiveness of this ability. This was quickly noticed by our players, and we have an update this morning on the status of Radial Blind.

Firstly, we apologize this wasn't in the notes, it was not intended to go out as it was an experiment in balancing Radial Blind.
Secondly, Radial Blind will be changed to blind any enemies aware of player within the radius. Enemies behind walls/obstructions will not be affected since they were smart enough to avoid the blind!

The next hotfix will bring this change to life, sorry for the frustration this slip has caused. We’re working to get it out as soon as we can! 

From Megan. 

If anything, what happened is unfortunate, but why can't people try to take this a positive way? I mean if they are actually lookin into his abilities maybe FINALLY they're probably workin on his other skills aswell possibly not makin him Radial-blind only?

Besides, as it is right now is just BUGGY from what I've seen, doesn't mean that's how it was supposed to be, it obviously won't be that stupid as to not affect enemies because there's dust on the ground blocking LoS.

Just hold on for a fix and let's hope they finally give some love to his other skills aswell *cough* Punch thru Radial Javelin *cough*

Excalibur.

The thing that irritates me more than massive nerfs to a frame that I literally just wasted 4 forma on, is the completely insane priorities going on here. Take a frame that has a really good feature-- just one-- and beat it to death while not adjusting anything else about the frame to compensate.  And while ignoring Excalibur's useless abilities, make sure to ignore all the other useless abilities of other frames too.  Nerfing Excalibur's one saving grace was obviously much more important than, I dunno, making Nekros not a 3-pressing robot.

I've tried being constructive. It doesn't work.  Tried a few times to raise awareness of issues with melee;  not touched since Melee 2.0 (March?).  Tried to propose reasonable reworks of the frames that need some love; not touched.  I broke down exactly what the problem with sniper rifles was, and what needed to be done to fix them....  That got touched but completely missed the point. I'm not even going to bother trying to organize my thoughts on shotguns. Good luck on that one. Kubrow system is filled with either sadistic microtransactions or sadistic speed bumps, take your pick. The ongoing and near total blackout toward filling out the game's story and purpose, leading to players who have no moral context for their actions. Seriously, we have threads wondering if the Tenno should be considered terrorists.  It's not even worth my time to idle in trade chat, because trying to trade things is like asking people to volunteer for trepanning unless you happen to have the Prime Part du Jour to give away for a pittance.

So yeah. My efforts to be up-beat and constructive and to look on the bright side must be met with some kind of result in order to not turn into a negative feedback loop of disappointment and frustration. Every time things go wrong, things which could have been so so easily avoided if we just had some kind of two-way discussion going on...

Before I get angry enough to start breaking things, I'm gonna take a week off.  See you for the next round of scattershot nerfs I guess.

If you ever do need to actually  break something I suggest either sticks or really old crappy DVDs. I know it sounds weird but those things can be so fun to smash the living heck out of, that sometimes I forget im even angry. or drawing a crappy picture of whats annoying you and ripping it apart. 

anyway I hope this helps and sorry it it was just weird/useless to you. :)

If you ever do need to actually  break something I suggest either sticks or really old crappy DVDs. I know it sounds weird but those things can be so fun to smash the living heck out of, that sometimes I forget im even angry. or drawing a crappy picture of whats annoying you and ripping it apart. 

anyway I hope this helps and sorry it it was just weird/useless to you. :)

This is the part where I have to be a stuffy old man and say that venting frustration through outlets like "breaking stuff" isn't really a good long term plan. It tends to encourage your brain to feel rewarded by those behaviors, which over time can make people significantly more labile (emotionally unstable) and impulsive/aggressive.

I wouldn't be responsible if I didn't point out that this isn't a hard rule; it's just a general guideline based on information we've gathered from the "Let it Out" therapies of the 80s and 90s. Essentially, it's generally more harmful than helpful.

I'd suggest putting on your favorite music and just rocking the f$*- out. If you're the type who exercises, try going for a quick sprint down your street (or somewhere close by that's safe). Are you artistically inclined, or just love making stuff? Make something, and channel the frustration constructively. You might even wind up with some seriously amazing art.

END SCIENTIFIC JOY-KILLING

Edited by notlamprey