Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cache Hate?

Llyssa

as you can loot the exact same things way faster and more of them and less RNG in other mission, yes you can call this not worthy the time you spent for the rewards you get 

it is as simple as math 

i can understand that you like hunt for them but it's not the same for other's

already have hunt some caches with my friend for fun and i  have seen that we take too much time for the rewards we get

when you think this is enought you dont want to do this again ,things get boring when you do them too much

I've only found all three in one event out of 10 done so far. Some of those were missed due to PUG squads with missions rushed, before I started doing them solo, and others because I didn't realize how good the returns might be. But the results from those I have found have been worth it.

R5 cores and T4 keys have been the standouts. Very nice. Then again, this is coming from someone who likes to loot.

Pugs are generally more understanding if you tell em you are cache hunting.

But generally I go up to 2 because it is easy, it is fast and good rate for tower keys.

Also I ran Trinity, so I can heal them from miles away XD

Edited by fatpig84

It's got to a point where, by the time I've reached Ceres, nobody on my teams would care about caches, or even mention them. I'm not surprised. All I've ever gotten out of them isn't even worth the time and effort to find them. Common cores? 4K credits? There's too much RNG involved. If you want my time and effort, at least give me a decent reward...

it boils down to time vs effort. with the rewards being RNG, you have better odds of getting the reward you want from other missions.

also if you want to cache hunting, stay out of phobos endurance node. leave that to the grinders who just want to go fast.

Edited by birdei

only the third cache is worth it, first two are rubbish. so either get all 3 or don't bother

after they removed the vault I started playing with pugs again. I start looking for them since the start, other 3 players go and destroy the portal (I don't even go through it) then try to find all 3 caches before they finish.

I beg to differ.  Often I got a Void Key from the second and then 50 Cryotic from the third.  Seeing how I already have a Glaxion and enough Cryotic to research it again, I'm much happier about the Void Key rewards.

Something I'm trying to figure out: Cache hate.

I like going after the caches. It's a great addition to the game, I want to see more of them.

However, I've had multiple people in multiple groups, and on several chat channels express that "Caches aren't worth it".

Now, I'm a little confused: You literally press 1 button, and you(and your team) are rewarded instantly with mid-grade mission reward... 50 oxium, 50 cryotics, t3 keys, r5 fusion cores.

They're generally not in difficult-to-reach locations, and when they are, it's usually only a single movement skill required to nab them anyway.

So, it's an easy, simple, heavily rewarding thing, and yet... "not worth it"?

I don't understand. Are people afraid of them because of the Lotus's little "if you think it's worth the risk" line(what risk? seriouisly?), or are they just really poorly informed or... what? I can't fathom this for the life of me.

Why do people hate caches?

Becouse everyone likes sonic.

I don't think everybody hates them. They are nice rewards, most of the time. But they are really frustrated to find for many so you can't expect to have the whole team to stay around finding them. Usually, it only takes two to complete main objective and the other two continue to search. And at the end everybody is happy to get the rewards and the mission is completed the same.

I always got paired with a bunch of rushers... while I was interested in the Caches in the first few runs it turned out nearly nobody else was going for them... and I'm usually not the type of player that likes to seperate from the squad to go on a solo rampage... so I stayed with the team and adapted to their rushing style.

It's a missed out opportunity for sure, but then again I'm not much in need of the stuff that might randomly drop out of the caches at all... in fact I'm starting to hord all the stuff that drops out of there, except the Cryotic... which I'll probably have enough of once the new mission type replaces all Survivals on the planets, just by playing an alert-node every now and then.

So basically I guess it's laziness that causes people to go straight for the mission target.

Edited by MeduSalem

Loot Radar > catches.

Because RNG reigns over the caches with a iron fist. 

I'm not gonna spend even more time on a boring repetitive event mission JUST for the chance at something that drops from normal enemies and void/normal mission rewards.

Just not worth the time spent.

Free T4 keys, the 2 cache will always have a key theres no rng on it.