Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fixed: Excalibur Transmissions (Void Key)

Lloathe

I have run into something weird and no amount of forum searching or googling has lead me to an answer. During void capture missions of any tier I get a weird transmission from an excalibur warframe. Nothing is said and it changes the in game music for a couple seconds. Notice the location of the transmission, right where the lotus talks to us. Also note, Lotus does not acknowledge this transmission.

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b534/Lloathe/excalface1_zpsa414c089.jpg

A couple things:

- Happens in any tier of orokin void capture missions

- Doesn't seem to occur in any other void missions, regular missions or derelects.

- success rate is > 50%

- When it occurs, it happens within 3-10 secs of capturing the last target / lotus' time to extract transmission

I swear he looks right at me. It is extremely creepy.

*Tin foil Hat On*

In the codex there is a single quest left as a question mark (if you have the kubro, prologue and mirage quests). Could this be the beginning to this unknown quest?

Or is this a known issue / bug / mystery that I can find no record of?

Does anyone have any insight here?

Not sure if you're the same guy, but someone else also posted about the same thing a few days ago... 

THE CONSPIRACY IS REAL

Yes, it's the same thing. It happened to me too. But I also found a Rhino Specter in a T4 Survival with three other players. 

I think they're just a bug. 

@4MostlyHarmless2

Yes, I was randomly stalking the forums a few days ago and came across someone who I believe found something similar. I tried to find that post and failed (My history has been scrubbed since). So I started this post. I really don't know what to make of it. It is SO consistent and easily reproduced. Go try it.

Granted that we PS4 players have yet to get U14 but could it be a glitch?

I mean, we used to get hybrid warframes transmitting to us during rail conflicts and the odd Stalker that looks suspiciously infested appearing in transmissions so maybe this is also a glitch?

We thought this as first as well, but then why does it have it's own music that changes the backround music?

I was running some capture missions for argon and after I captured the last target, that excal showed up. It might be a bug but I'd like to think it's a new mystery quest and DE will completely deny it's implementation ;o

I'm pretty sure that's a bug, as Shuuro suggested, its a misplaced rail transmission message that appears on Tenno conflicts in Dark Sectors.

We thought this as first as well, but then why does it have it's own music that changes the backround music?

If you have played any Tenno conflicts in the Dark Sectors, you will notice that its the same music from rail conflicts transmission messages.

i posted a report to support about this in a very thorough message xD i think they might enjoy xD here ill copy and paste it.

I would love some answers on this topic. potential bug.
  •  
    jelvisToday at 02:33

So while playing on many various void missions throughout today, ive seen this transmission, not once, but twice, to be quite frank, i love it, its mysterious, its random, yet somewhat humble... it approaches you with a stalker like feel except the hud gets blue instead of red and its not menacing to you or your teammates this is the transmission my friends and i have seen including various eye witness accounts, if so. could you please shed some light on this. [screenshot evidence]

http://prntscr.com/45fzp0

my theory is could this be the possibility of a hidden quest? a hidden objective? or maybe it is in fact a bug? a very unique bug. the excalibur transmission. also here is the link to the many many eye witness accounts.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/267295-mysterious-excalibur-transmission-in-void-capture-missions/

After I capture the last target on a void capture mission a weird transmission with a picture of an Excalibur shows up where the lotus usually appears. It doesn't say anything and the lotus doesn't acknowledge it happened. Anyone know what this is?