Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Don't Elemental Frames Have Immunities?

AlphaHorseman

Just because you can control fire doesn't mean you can't burn

Just because you can control water doesn't mean you can't drown

Just because you can fly doesn't mean you can't fall to you death

Just because you can control cold doesn't mean you don't freeze

Just because you control electricity doesn't mean you don't fry

Ember literally lights herself on fire.

Game balance.

Ryu can shoot fire balls (EX hadoken) that set people on fire but gets hurt by Dhalsim's Yoga fire.

So... Yeah.

Immunities can be perfectly balanced.

There is a difference between shooting "fire balls", and literally lighting your body on fire with World on Fire.

The only counter you could argue here is if Ember's fire (and other frame's abilities and elements) is magical void fire, which is something I'd be able to accept but it can't really be proven at the moment.

@GreyEnneract
And again I go back to my previous point that even amongst the elemental frames the benefits are so far out of balance that some frames get next to no benefit (frost, volt) while other frames get massive advantages (ember) or at least moderate ones (saryn).

How can you balance getting immunity or resistances to 6 of the heaviest damage dealer units and an entire cast of eximus troops against an immunity to 2 boss enemies(and even against them its not the entire boss fight so its even less useful than it sounds)?

And what would you give the rest of the frames to balance them out?

Just because you can control fire doesn't mean you can't burn

Just because you can control water doesn't mean you can't drown

Just because you can fly doesn't mean you can't fall to you death

Just because you can control cold doesn't mean you don't freeze

Just because you control electricity doesn't mean you don't fry

- Ember sets herself on fire.

- Hydroid turns into water completely.

- Frost dumps giant piles of snow on himself and everything around him as an AoE sweeper.

- Volt's damn idle animation shows electricity coursing through him. Then you've got his Ult.

Obviously 100% immunities to all forms of their respective element's damage would be over the top for balance reasons. But simple resistances are both intuitive and reasonable.

@GreyEnneract

And again I go back to my previous point that even amongst the elemental frames the benefits are so far out of balance that some frames get next to no benefit (frost, volt) while other frames get massive advantages (ember) or at least moderate ones (saryn).

How can you balance getting immunity or resistances to 6 of the heaviest damage dealer units and an entire cast of eximus troops against an immunity to 2 boss enemies(and even against them its not the entire boss fight so its even less useful than it sounds)?

And what would you give the rest of the frames to balance them out?

Balancing is up to DE. I am betting platinum that these types of immunities will be added to the Focus system in the future.

Immunities can be perfectly balanced.

There is a difference between shooting "fire balls", and literally lighting your body on fire with World on Fire.

The only counter you could argue here is if Ember's fire (and other frame's abilities and elements) is magical void fire, which is something I'd be able to accept but it can't really be proven at the moment.

I can use Ken which has this burning shoryuken that practically cover his entire right torso or his super that has fire all over and around him. He still gets hurt by fire all the same.

It is still game balance after all.  DE won't put immunities for that.

But damage resistance ?

Well maybe.

Edited by fatpig84

Guys,guys, listen.

100% immunity would just be plain bad. We'd see no other frame than Ember in Tethys.

Resistance however... :)

It's quite notorious that cockroaches are able to survive a nuclear attack. Strangely, people don't realize that these tiny bugs would be burnt into ashes if they are directly exposed to the explosion...