Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simple Buff To The Braton Prime

Semshol

I'd argue that the Latron Prime isn't a particular effective crit weapon. Low rate of fire and not nearly enough crit rating to guarantee multiple crits in one magazine. That guns benefits significantly more from a status build--which is potentially very high on it.

The Latron Wraith is a crit monster, reaching nearly 70% with proper modding. Of course, there's really no other way to build it...

Regardless, what the Braton Prime should be is a physical damage hitscan autotrigger run. A high end gun with these attributes is missing from the game. It's a huge oversight when just this sort of T3 weapon exists, but has a paltry base damage.

I'd argue that the Latron Prime isn't a particular effective crit weapon. Low rate of fire and not nearly enough crit rating to guarantee multiple crits in one magazine. That guns benefits significantly more from a status build--which is potentially very high on it.

The Latron Wraith is a crit monster, reaching nearly 70% with proper modding. Of course, there's really no other way to build it...

Regardless, what the Braton Prime should be is a physical damage hitscan autotrigger run. A high end gun with these attributes is missing from the game. It's a huge oversight when just this sort of T3 weapon exists, but has a paltry base damage.

Well with just a point strike on the prime, I feel it does pretty well, I see orange numbers almost every click or so. So it does have the feel of a crit. weapon. In my opinion at least ^^;

But I agree with the last statement, a decent hitscan autotrigger is missing and the Braton Prime should be filling that niche...but sadly it's not.

You know?

Every time I read the words 'simple' and 'buff' I wonder how many people have actually DONE any programming.

Then I remember.

No one gives a S#&$ about programming the actual game. They want what they want and to hell with how far from 'simple' it may be. Because the words 'simple' and 'game programming' are MUTUALLY exclusive and nobody cares.

In this particular case, altering some digits in reference to a weapon should be fairly simple as they're all likely contained in a sequel-style database, not hardcoded, that the engine module reads weapon stats from when loading into a mission.  All that would require to change is a <1 KB patch to the file that contains said database.

Adding new procs or functionality to a weapon is significantly more difficult as that would require additional functions to be added to the script (or additional code depending on how they handle that) that controls that weapon's handling, but altering base crit/status/damage numbers is almost guaranteed to be something that could easily be done in under 30 seconds. 

That being said, the hard part about changing said digits isnt changing them, but rather determining what they would be changed to.  That doesn't take a programmer, that takes a mathematician.

Edit:  Clarity.

Edited by Malikon

In this particular case, altering some digits in reference to a weapon should be fairly simple as they're all likely contained in a sequel-style database, not hardcoded, that the engine module reads weapon stats from when loading into a mission.  All that would require to change is a <1 KB patch to the file that contains said database.

Adding new procs or functionality to a weapon is significantly more difficult as that would require additional functions to be added to the script (or additional code depending on how they handle that) that controls that weapon's handling, but altering base crit/status/damage numbers is almost guaranteed to be something that could easily be done in under 30 seconds. 

That being said, the hard part about changing said digits isnt changing them, but rather determining what they would be changed to.  That doesn't take a programmer, that takes a mathematician.

Edit:  Clarity.

Agreed, though you put it much nicer than I did.

Shameless bump for my thread because I love the Brat-Prime :D

Some people dont understand that when you code something this large, you have to make most numbers easy to change or you have to recompile one or more modules every single time you want to test something.  Recompiling is a huge time and resource sink.

Pretty much every single game, hell every single application, uses either an XML file, Lua/Ruby/Perl script, or SQL/SQLite database to contain actual static number values so that they can easily be changed and tested on the fly to alter how the game/app performs and looks without having any forced recompiles to do so.

Edit:  forgot a very important word and had to edit it in

Edited by Malikon

Is it bad that I prefer my MK 1 or normal Braton solely based on the equalized damage type and better control?

I think it's why I built the Tiberon and started using that instead; Amazing control, great damage spread, and very efficient. 

I'm looking forward to Tiberon Prime.

Is it bad that I prefer my MK 1 or normal Braton solely based on the equalized damage type and better control?

I think it's why I built the Tiberon and started using that instead; Amazing control, great damage spread, and very efficient. 

I'm looking forward to Tiberon Prime.

Well, have to put in my little bit here. You might find the Burston Prime much better once you hit T4's, because Status, which gets ignored early on, finally becomes important.

It's one of the reasons why I love the Hikou Prime over all other throwing weapons, it can inflict proper status.

But yes, the prime needs a buff.

It speaks badly of the weapon if a player prefers the standard/mk-1 version to the Prime.

I prefer the prime to the Mk-1 without a doubt ^^;

Must be a rare player to prefer the standard lol.

I would be happy just to have a damage buff, and not even a huge one either.

Braton prime is a all rounder, and because of that it just feels good. But I will be happy to see even +5 damage on it.

Anything would be an improvement, but it's not too much to ask to have it brought in line with the Latron Prime and Burston Prime. Basically just buff it as the LatronP was buffed some months ago.

Double agreed. But I am hoping they will give it both the damage and status buff. I have quite the fetish for status weapons :D

I would really be pleased if this gun gets buffed. The normal Braton is already a fine beginner weapon and I used it for soooo long. Having a Prime alternative for late game missions from this gun would be great. When I think of Warframe its a Ninja holding a Braton or Dread for me. This baby influenced so many Tenno out there. So please make it on par with Botor and Burston prime.

I would really be pleased if this gun gets buffed. The normal Braton is already a fine beginner weapon and I used it for soooo long. Having a Prime alternative for late game missions from this gun would be great. When I think of Warframe its a Ninja holding a Braton or Dread for me. This baby influenced so many Tenno out there. So please make it on par with Botor and Burston prime.

Definitely agree. I just miss that Braton feeling and the prime version is not letting me do as well in endgame as I would with other weapons which is a real downer sometimes :/

I've recently been ranking mine up for the second time and it was rank 21 in a t3 survival. At 25 minutes in it was taking almost two clips to kill the common enemies. It could use a buff but i still plan to use it and rank it up again because I like the look and the slash damage it does:)

I've recently been ranking mine up for the second time and it was rank 21 in a t3 survival. At 25 minutes in it was taking almost two clips to kill the common enemies. It could use a buff but i still plan to use it and rank it up again because I like the look and the slash damage it does:)

I love the sound, the way it handles, everything. I love it, but yeah, the damage is too low. In T4 it's worse =P. I have ranked it up around 4 times, but it still has 2 more to go and I've stopped since other weapons are just working better presently.

Definitely agree. I just miss that Braton feeling and the prime version is not letting me do as well in endgame as I would with other weapons which is a real downer sometimes :/

Same. Braton Prime was the weapon which had the most hype for me. My brat stayed with me for a long time and that's where my first potato and forma went. Of course, it couldn't keep up once I hit phobos and the void, so I started using latron. When I could finally farm for the braton parts I was so excited that I was going to be getting the primed braton. I thought it I would be able to use the braton line as my main weapon again. 

But oh man, biggest let down (still to this day) of the game. It wasn't all that much better than the vanilla braton. I had been expecting the same improvement from going from latron to latron prime, but it wasn't even close to that. So it went back in storage for about two months before I finally decided to max.  After I maxed, it still couldn't keep up so I used it only for mid lvl missions.

Now, when anyone is farming the parts, I prepare them to be disappointed before they even get their hopes up. Funny thing is some don't believe me, but after they craft, they realize I wasn't deceiving them and do exactly what I did for those two months. They put it in storage and never take it out again.

Edited by alfaomega04

Same. Braton Prime was the weapon which had the most hype for me. My brat stayed with me for a long time and that's where my first potato and forma went. Of course, it couldn't keep up once I hit phobos and the void, so I started using latron. When I could finally farm for the braton parts I was so excited that I was going to be getting the primed braton. I thought it I would be able to use the braton line as my main weapon again. 

But oh man, biggest let down (still to this day) of the game. It wasn't all that much better than the vanilla braton. I had been expecting the same improvement from going from latron to latron prime, but it wasn't even close to that. So it went back in storage for about two months before I finally decided to max.  After I maxed, it still couldn't keep up so I used it only for mid lvl missions.

Now, when anyone is farming the parts, I prepare them to be disappointed before they even get their hopes up. Funny thing is some don't believe me, but after they craft, they realize I wasn't deceiving them and do exactly what I did for those two months. They put it in storage and never take it out again.

Well it's still good mastery, but after I built mine I never sold it, I let it sit because someday it would get a buff or at least, I would make sure it got one by giving the appropriate feedback =P

Yes, in a recent stream Scott said he'd look into it after Rebecca posited the question on whether or not it was going to be buffed.

I wouldn't hold my breath on him doing it soon though...assuming a buff is going to be made.

Edited by MirageKnight

Yes, in a recent stream Scott said he'd look into it after Rebecca posited the question on whether or not it was going to be buffed.

I wouldn't hold my breath on him doing it soon though...assuming a buff is going to be made.

Well for that reason, gotta keep the hope alive :D

Hasn't happened yet and the issue still remains between the difficulty of obtaining it and the embarrassing reality of a T3 weapon being no better than a Karak.

Bump.

Thanks for bumping mate :D