Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simple Buff To The Braton Prime

Semshol

IMO, The Braton Prime needs a damage and a status buff. The burston prime is all about status, so I think the Braton Prime should also be a status weapon. The Burston and Braton are just an automatic and burst of a very similar rifle, so their primes should share similar attributes. If not a status chance buff, then at least they could buff its crit stats seeing as it already has slightly higher crit stats then other similar rifles.

Bump.

In the meantime I'll just keep feeding it Forma... shhh your time will come Braton.... your time will come.

Mine has been fed, but I stopped short of the perfect build in order to forma my Lanka haha x'D

Btw thanks so much for bumping ^^

Please make this weapon not a waste of a slot and orokin cells.

It's not a waste at the moment...but it could be a lot better :D

IMO, The Braton Prime needs a damage and a status buff. The burston prime is all about status, so I think the Braton Prime should also be a status weapon. The Burston and Braton are just an automatic and burst of a very similar rifle, so their primes should share similar attributes. If not a status chance buff, then at least they could buff its crit stats seeing as it already has slightly higher crit stats then other similar rifles.

Agreed, it is definitely more geared toward status, but right now it completely loses out to Boltor Prime, which it shouldn't.

If it has lower damage it must compensate with crit or status, but right now it has neither :(

Heh, a 20% crit. chance and a 2.0 multiplier would make the Bratty Prime pretty sweet :)

But I'd rather status

Edited by Semshol

it's crit dmg is awesome, I do like 1k crit dmg, but a status buff should be good, or a crit buff 

mine is formad 5 times (you heard that, screw boltor p) and it's bad@$$ as hell

1k crit is...not good x'D

Boltor P hits that as regular damage.

Screwing the Boltor P is fine, but we sooo need a Braton buff haha

well, I choose to be different, braton p is fun, boltor p isn't, though like I said, buff it :D

I feel the same way. Boltor prime (and soma too) are really good, but i rarely run with them as I find them dull. 

However, from your post before that one, if you forma anything enough times it can hold its own at around 25min t3 survivals, but that doesn't mean it's good. Karak has more dps. Grakata has a WHOPPING 60% crit chance and STILL has more dps than the braton. The soma deals almost twice as much while the boltor is at around 2.5x as much dps. 

I feel the same way. Boltor prime (and soma too) are really good, but i rarely run with them as I find them dull. 

However, from your post before that one, if you forma anything enough times it can hold its own at around 25min t3 survivals, but that doesn't mean it's good. Karak has more dps. Grakata has a WHOPPING 60% crit chance and STILL has more dps than the braton. The soma deals almost twice as much while the boltor is at around 2.5x as much dps. 

25 mins in T3 is not good either x'D

I measure all weapons to wave 40 in T4 Defense/Survival. To me at least, that's the best measure of viability since most PUG games go for around that long (people want their Loki and Nyx see).

So the braton fails way before that.

Grakata IS awesome though :) I do love it and it has insane status proc ^^.

Soma does more than the Boltor though, when properly modded, its damage output is much higher than the boltor and the aiming is much easier too due to it being hit-scan, which I love :D.

WTB:  Braton series buff pls.  PST with offer.

The braton series doesn't need a buff, it's just the Vandal and Prime basically. The rest are okay since they are mostly starter weapons :)

Braton Standard doesnt deserve to be lumped as a starter weapon, as thats what the MK-1 is for.  Braton Standard should be equivalent-ish of Karak.

They are two different weapons and Karak needs to be built, Braton Standard can be bought with credits. IT IS a starter weapon, we are not here to debate that. The only focus is the prime and perhaps the vandal, that is where the standard needs to change.

Even adding some freaking polarities would be nice. I mean, a Prime without and polarities like lol?

Polarities won't change viability. They can be added manually, we need a viability change first. Which is why the stats have to be buffed. The polarities aren't a big issue in general. We can correct them manually.

Even adding some freaking polarities would be nice. I mean, a Prime without and polarities lik

Adding a polarity (or two) wouldnt be bad, but lack of polarity can be overcome by a relatively easy to get resource (forma).  Stats that dont allow the weapon to perform very well compared to its prime bretheren cannot be so easily overcome.

Semshol, we'll have to agree to disagree on what Braton Standard's position *should* be, but you are correct in that discussing its fate is secondary to the Vandal's/Prime's position at this time.

Edited by Malikon

Adding a polarity (or two) wouldnt be bad, but lack of polarity can be overcome by a relatively easy to get resource (forma).  Stats that dont allow the weapon to perform very well compared to its prime bretheren cannot be so easily overcome.

Semshol, we'll have to agree to disagree on what Braton Standard's position *should* be, but you are correct in that discussing its fate is secondary to the Vandal's/Prime's position at this time.

Agree to disagree it is x'D

For now I hope the primes can be balanced before the other tiers are worked on.

Polarities don't matter since that is a feature entirely under your control as a player.

It is odd the gun doesn't have any when most primes do on construction. In the long run, however, it doesn't matter.

My own BratonP has six forma in it. Six polarities. Adding another one or two initially won't change the fact that the gun tops out at around 10.5K dps--10.5k dps on a gun with SIX forma. My Burston Prime does half again as much damage with 4 forma. 50% more damage for 66% of the effort all with recognizing the fact that both are T3 weapons.

That's the fundamental disconnect between the BratonP and other prime primaries.

Polarities don't matter since that is a feature entirely under your control as a player.

It is odd the gun doesn't have any when most primes do on construction. In the long run, however, it doesn't matter.

My own BratonP has six forma in it. Six polarities. Adding another one or two initially won't change the fact that the gun tops out at around 10.5K dps--10.5k dps on a gun with SIX forma. My Burston Prime does half again as much damage with 4 forma. 50% more damage for 66% of the effort all with recognizing the fact that both are T3 weapons.

That's the fundamental disconnect between the BratonP and other prime primaries.

Agreed and also bumping to keep the dream alive :D

Yup, buff Braton Prime, buff sniper rifles, buff old weapons! 

2 solutions to power creep:

1)Keep the "better" weapons at higher MR, but this creates a problem of people liking the weapon's aesthetics but it's not powerful enought to justify it's use.(for example, pangolin sword, ether blade etc)

2)Buff the old stuff. I'm not saying turn dual ether into dual dragon nikanas, but you should at least make it usable. Make it so when it's not upgraded it's a beginner's weapon and when it's with a potato and formas it turns into an endgame gun. (sadly not every weapon is like that, but i did manage to kill the stalker[30] with maxed dual ethers xD)

Yup, buff Braton Prime, buff sniper rifles, buff old weapons! 

2 solutions to power creep:

1)Keep the "better" weapons at higher MR, but this creates a problem of people liking the weapon's aesthetics but it's not powerful enought to justify it's use.(for example, pangolin sword, ether blade etc)

2)Buff the old stuff. I'm not saying turn dual ether into dual dragon nikanas, but you should at least make it usable. Make it so when it's not upgraded it's a beginner's weapon and when it's with a potato and formas it turns into an endgame gun. (sadly not every weapon is like that, but i did manage to kill the stalker[30] with maxed dual ethers xD)

whoops left this topic over the weekend. My bad

Anyway, I think that buffs should be used sparingly and there must be a comparable base.

In the case of dual ethers, as a market weapon and based on its mastery rank, is it comparable to weapons in its class? I think so, so that's fine.

We can't really have all weapons be end-game and just be reskins of each other, that wouldn't be pleasant :)

So generally I talk about buffs relative to other weapons in the same tier, which is the angle I'm coming from here ^^

whoops left this topic over the weekend. My bad

Anyway, I think that buffs should be used sparingly and there must be a comparable base.

In the case of dual ethers, as a market weapon and based on its mastery rank, is it comparable to weapons in its class? I think so, so that's fine.

We can't really have all weapons be end-game and just be reskins of each other, that wouldn't be pleasant :)

So generally I talk about buffs relative to other weapons in the same tier, which is the angle I'm coming from here ^^

I see and agree. Proably my slight bias because ether blades are my favourite melee weapons since the launch of open beta.(Ah, the good times when it was one of the best melees using old armor-ignore and staggering on every hit.)

Edited by Half-Hero

I see and agree. Proably my slight bias because ether blades are my favourite melee weapons since the launch of open beta.(Ah, the good times when it was one of the best melees using old armor-ignore and staggering on every hit.)

I wish I knew of those days.

I hope this buff comes through ^^ Thanks for the bump :D