Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simple Buff To The Braton Prime

Semshol

Shred is good enough. I'm assuming heavy caliber and 90% damage mods.

A bane could be slipped in for appropriate enemies and you might squeeze out a bit more hurt per second.

Still, it's a weak sister compared to the Burston Prime and Latron Prime.

And Tiberon better than the Burston Prime? Not by a long shot. If it had Sybaris levels of crit it would be, but it doesn't and it's not.

Primes should be compared to their peers, not clantech or market weaponry.  Buff the Braton P until this is the case.

Use it to set a precedent for what a Prime should be compared to its non-prime counterpart and adjust the others in line with said precedent.  In this fashion, we not only solve the issue for Braton Prime, but all of the Primes and prevent oversights like this from happening again in the future.

Shred is good enough. I'm assuming heavy caliber and 90% damage mods.

A bane could be slipped in for appropriate enemies and you might squeeze out a bit more hurt per second.

Still, it's a weak sister compared to the Burston Prime and Latron Prime.

And Tiberon better than the Burston Prime? Not by a long shot. If it had Sybaris levels of crit it would be, but it doesn't and it's not.

Actually I just did the testing for Tiberon, as a raw damage rifle it actually surpasses the Boltor Prime and has a slightly lower overall status chance. 

But compared to the Burston Prime it's more of a playstyle choice. In terms of raw damage the Sybaris only wins out by about 1.2k DPS (iirc) compared to the Tiberon and the Burston Prime does a lot less but of course, the burston prime has better procs. The Tiberon wins out in terms of shot grouping though and its high accuracy is really sweet. I'm using it in place of the Boltor Prime simply because it's hit-scan and does the job I want it to do x'D.

But back on topic. Buff zee Braton Prime :)

Primes should be compared to their peers, not clantech or market weaponry.  Buff the Braton P until this is the case.

Use it to set a precedent for what a Prime should be compared to its non-prime counterpart and adjust the others in line with said precedent.  In this fashion, we not only solve the issue for Braton Prime, but all of the Primes and prevent oversights like this from happening again in the future.

Agreed :)

Though I am now happy that Tiberon has killed Boltor Prime even though most people don't know it.

The Tiberon is a good gun. It handles beautifully, but...it's only physical damage with no status or crit worth talking about. This holds it back when the enemy levels hit 40+.

Kinda like the Braton Prime in that regard.

The Boltor Prime is a different kind of gun. The community gets all lathered up over it because some idiot says the dps is the bestest and they all buy into it. It's a powerful gun, no question. But it has its own niche and it's not appropriate for every situation. It's never a bad choice, but not necessary the best choice in all situations. Mine has 5 forma in it and it flat out rips &#!, but I don't like it in certain mission types since projectiles have real deficiencies that have to be worked around and its ammo economy isn't great.  

But we digress.

Again, the issue with the Braton Prime is mostly one of age and power creep. It's a good gun, but the cost of admission is way out of sync with its effectiveness and in comparison with its prime stablemates. The galling thing about it is the Latron Prime suffered from the same issues, but did receive buffs. The BratonP is still waiting for its buffs...

Actually I just did the testing for Tiberon, as a raw damage rifle it actually surpasses the Boltor Prime and has a slightly lower overall status chance. 

Don't know if you mean per bullet, but as far as pure dps, Boltor p is still king. I'm getting 34kburst/21sustained for boltor vs "only" 25k/13k for tiberon. It's a big gap. If anything it's more along the lines of the top weapons like soma/latron. Of course this further exemplifies the underperformance of the braton prime which sits at 13k/8k. Sad.

• 2 months later...

It happened, thanks.  ;)

In other news, i hear the boltor and loki will be primed....

I kid I kid.

The buff was better than what I had hoped for. Thanks for all the support on the threads which finally got noticed and made the buff possible. And of course thanks to rebecca for pointing them out and scott for the buff itself.

It feels just like the good old times, my braton and i against the world!

I can agree that the braton prime needs a buff, if only to bring back the bratons glory days.

Back before damage 2.0 my default braton was one of the most powerful weapons in the game.

I feel that the braton prime is dissapointing for the effort it takes to get it. It's already under appreciated as the default braton gives some sort of misconception about the braton prime. With how poorly the default braton preforms, none of the newer players who start with the weapon will even attempt to get the braton prime.

The effort it takes to obtain, it should have more end game potential.

I can agree that the braton prime needs a buff, if only to bring back the bratons glory days.

Back before damage 2.0 my default braton was one of the most powerful weapons in the game.

I feel that the braton prime is dissapointing for the effort it takes to get it. It's already under appreciated as the default braton gives some sort of misconception about the braton prime. With how poorly the default braton preforms, none of the newer players who start with the weapon will even attempt to get the braton prime.

The effort it takes to obtain, it should have more end game potential.

My t4-40-wave braton prime is confused. You mean you want another buff? This thread was made before it received the buff for the current stats.

The exact word out of Steve's mouth in a devstream regarding endless modes was "aberrant".

The point being is that they know people do this, but you can't balance around it since many more people don't. Someone will always push the edge, but you can't let that dictate how the game develops.