Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trolls In Survival Mode

Sync527

I've been playing some survival missions lately, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one experiencing this: sometimes in survival missions there's always that one person in my squad who's always activating the life supports too early... Not sure if that player's doing it on purpose or something, but either way the mission ends too early because there isn't enough life support capsules around... And this happens in survival alert missions as well... So, here's the thing: could DE implement an anti-troll system or something that could at least put that kind of player on a leash? Because it's been annoying a lot of players lately, and a lot of stuff go to waste because of that... 

How to solve it in 1 easy step.

Don't have a maximum amount of air.

So pods can be activated immediately and respawn far faster, so that air supply becomes a non-issue?

Actually, I quite like that idea. Would allow us to have the Survival mode that we wanted, where we are fighting constantly against tougher and tougher enemies, not fighting the air supply.

Edited by RyojinOrion

It happens frequently and even among people that are capable of proper communication (meaning they can understand and reply in english - sorry but even as a non-native speaker, I have to point out that those that aren't capable of communicating in english, shouldn't try to play team-based matches on international playgrounds like public matches) there can be disagreement about when it's good to activate it. Most I play with say it's around 30%, mainly because if someone messes up and 2 activations commence, no points will be lost (30+30+30 is still 90 only). I agree with them but sometimes it's hard to make others go by your rules - especially when they think their way is the right way. And if you trust the others, it IS safer to activate around 50 instead... just don't mess up.

Overall Survival has it's fair share of problems and while the game mode could be very nice, these problems make it more and more taxing to play as players get more and more annoyed with them. Again, if we would remove the max.%, it would practically remove all pretense of tactic from the game mode practically turning it into an endless extermination (which could be fun - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/79196-concepts-of-mine-consumables-merchant-gambler-and-void-cause-i-like-that/#entry863293 might have info on that idea... mainly during every mission you could stay and do More, for extra reward and bigger challenge - like after finishing a mobile def, you can continue but this time you have to protect 2 pods at once, etc , against harder enemies :D).

For survival I would do the following:

- Provide proper tutorial text for every mission type in codex (not just survival), that tells everything, including clarification of % a single supply drop and supply node provides, the effects of more players on map, etc. Maybe even info on spawning since it's hard to decide whether or not staying together is better - if you are unlucky you won't get enough enemies either way.

- Provide a popup or submenu alike to melee combos on ESC-menu so even during a mission, a player can consult the codex.

- Player-defined purpose of player-waypoints. It's nice that we can mark mods, kubrows and enemies but that should only be the beginning. You press G (or what button marking is on for you) and as usual, the context sensitive icon pops, if on mod it says mod, if on enemy it says enemy, etc. On the other hand if you hold the button, a circular menu pops (alike to inventory (mouse movement limited to the circle so if you want to cancel, you just leave it at the center - inventory should work this way too to make it less problemtic during fast paced combat or such) which allows you to decide what the icon will display. Things like commands and info would be cool: kill, defend, ignore (like mind controlled enemies), help, replenishments etc. This would provide a base level communication even between players not capable of speaking the same language.

- Spawning overhaul. It's annoying that however good you are, in the end, if your enemies spawn erratically, you will lose fast. Spawning them behind closed doors is fine - just do it. If players don't have visual connection to at least X enemies, they should spawn until reaching a certain number while in case players move fast, "unused" enemies should respawn somewhere else.

- Raise drop chance of supply drops the closer players are to 0%.

FYI, they will not spawn faster.

Check here http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Survival, section "Notes", bullet 3.

You misunderstand my meaning. Think about it this way: If all the available spots for pods are full, more will not spawn until one of the spots becomes unoccupied. By removing the cap on the air supply, you'll allow people to use pods sooner, which frees spots sooner, which makes the pods spawn sooner.

Edited by RyojinOrion

You can usually tell by their mastery rank.... you have to expect everyone below mr 3 to just not know any better.

It happens when you play with randoms.

:/

mastery rank have nothing to do with understanding of game mechanics.

onptopic: i understand its annoying and hopefully DE will make a mandatory tutorial for new players how to play survival. but all we can do now is trying to tell them (in a nice manner ofc) when to activate them.

MR1-3 bracket consists primarily of players who are less than a week into the game.

Did you know how to survive like the Founders when you were less than a week in?

onptopic: i understand its annoying and hopefully DE will make a mandatory tutorial for new players how to play survival. but all we can do now is trying to tell them (in a nice manner ofc) when to activate them.

Were that is true there is a very strong correlation between MR of a player and there skill/knowledge level. 

My advise for OP is to "get gud scrub and play high levels" Pretty much at higher level missions you see much fewer of these players. Or a better solution would be to play with friends who you can trust not to troll. 

Public missions aren't usually known for having players that care what you think though, best option is to lay low and solo afaik. Problem is that that doesn't work so well in a co-op game sometimes

This game's biggest advantage over similar games (shooter-slash-em-up-grind?) the promise of Co-op. I solely chose Warframe for co-op. Seriously. Neat graphics and style and all that but if it wasn't co-op, I wouldn't be here. So it would be really neat if at least the players that care could play properly without messing the mission up for others.

Okay... Forget I said anti-troll system, because apparently it's more than just trolls that a lot of players have to deal with... Instead, an option, when enabled, will put a leash on a player (so to speak) that will get him/her to cooperate with the squad, in its best interests... How about that? So at least, if it's not a troll, the new players get an idea of how it's done when playing with experienced players...

I tried that like a half a dozen times on one player in an alert survival... he kept activating at 90%... and he was mastery rank 4 or 5....

Some people do not know how they work.

As DE hasn't exactly provided info or made a better solution it isn't that strange. Trolls wouldn't be unexpected though.

How to solve it in 1 easy step.

Don't have a maximum amount of air.

so.. if the max oxygen cap is removed.. teams consists of loki,nova,vauban,nekros, can practically go till the level cap of 249? with ease? nah,not gonna happen

how about instead of seeing Our Lisets flying to the mission. put up what the objective is as a "quick tips" on how to play that mission.sorta like how we have the mods in the upper left corner but in much bigger print/area to grab the attention of the players...just a thought.

edit: poor writing :(

Edited by (PS4)dj_a-g_smuv

Since survival was introduced, it should have been "X amount of units of air" instead of "X% amount of air"

For instance, you could easily make it like Nightmare timer, where each pod of life support, or life support drop, adds a certain number of seconds to the 'survival clock.'

Thus you still present the challenge of sustaining your life support, but you remove the annoyance of wasted life support because of a new player, miscommunication, lag, or bag pings. I've lost count how many times pods were wasted because someone had a bad host connection and their meter read "12%" or something but it was actually 86% or what have you.

Edited by DJ_Redwire

Or, what they could do if they changed it away from %, is show a measurement in Liters of Air (Gases are measured in liters right?) per Cubic meter or some such, and have that be the bar we set to go off of for countdowns. Although at the same time it'd create a math problem or two for someone to look up the answer to, it could prove to be a sensible measurement unit to work off of.