Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sectors And Tax Rates

Noxramus

So, I've been playing warframe for a while now, and one thing that never ceases to piss me off is clan tax rates on solar rails! I mean seriously, 75%? Not only do clans do this, they somehow keep control of the rail! ( I'm looking at you, V) does this annoy anyone else?

It's a broken game mechanic.  Broken game mechanics should be fixed; that's just common sense.  PVP could use more balancing too..

Stop using rails and with time alliances wont have enough resources to keep them up. As i saw, less and less people are playing in there.

So? There are other nodes to play on.

Eh. I don't think anyone would be happy if Sedna - Kappa was a conflict zone and V or any of the other big conglomerate clans were taxing the hell out of it. And seeing as many of the nodes in question are extremely good exp/credit/drop farm nodes, saying "there are other nodes to play on" doesn't really fix this problem.

I've kinda given up on Dark Sectors in general. The politics aggravate me, the greed disappoints me, and the egotism makes me roll my eyes. If anything was against the Tenno way, it's the Dark Sectors.

Eh. I don't think anyone would be happy if Sedna - Kappa was a conflict zone and V or any of the other big conglomerate clans were taxing the hell out of it. And seeing as many of the nodes in question are extremely good exp/credit/drop farm nodes, saying "there are other nodes to play on" doesn't really fix this problem.

I've kinda given up on Dark Sectors in general. The politics aggravate me, the greed disappoints me, and the egotism makes me roll my eyes. If anything was against the Tenno way, it's the Dark Sectors.

I never really understood how Dark Sectors fit in with the lore of the game,what with all the "Tenno loyal only to each other."

I never really understood how Dark Sectors fit in with the lore of the game,what with all the "Tenno loyal only to each other."

Tenno seem to have had separate clans with separate ideals since their conception in the Orokin empire- this is implied through the Polarity sigils which are supposedly meant to refer to several old Tenno castes. 

I agree. While I understand conflict and needing that extra bit of "pvp" to add to the longevity of the game, basically taking over areas of the galaxy rich in minerals and artifacts, putting huge taxes on them, and forcing your fellow Tenno to pay out their nose to use them makes...no sense at all to the lore we've been given so far.

The Conclaves? Those fit. They were a place Tenno can go to train against one another. These Dark Sectors though...I don't get it.

Tenno seem to have had separate clans with separate ideals since their conception in the Orokin empire- this is implied through the Polarity sigils which are supposedly meant to refer to several old Tenno castes. 

Alright, I can see that now. However I'm still unsure as to the lengths different clans would go to basically thwart other clans, who are all fighting the same enemies.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Don't play those nodes. It's what I and many others are doing. They can't make their greedy milk without their cows, you know; play somewhere else, and they will starve.

EDIT: Because seriously, even if there was something worth playing in those nodes, I'm not paying tribute to other players (what happened to "ninjas play free"?). Also I hate PvP. And on top of that, conflicts regularly blocking access to those missions sucks. Most of the time I simply forget Dark Sectors exist at all. Nothing about them is fun for me.

Edited by Guest

Don't play those nodes. It's what I and many others are doing. They can't make their greedy milk without their cows, you know; play somewhere else, and they will starve.

Sadly its the only real way to fight back right now- hopefully DE will fix it soon.  Not too soon though, I'd prefer Focus, Archwings, Sigils, and all that good stuff take the front seat.

Stop using rails and with time alliances wont have enough resources to keep them up. As i saw, less and less people are playing in there.

The rails often have lower taxes set for members of that alliance/clan, and they enjoy the benefits of them while still providing enough resources to more than handle any clan attempting to take a node that hasn't stockpiled resources from an owned high tax node in the past. Even at high member taxes, they can make enough credits to fend off the nodes by simply encouraging members to run that node, as it is afterall in their best interest to support their rails.

Ok yeah, but like killing each other over credits and ego-stroking? If we're attacking each other and blowing each other's rails up we better have a much more serious reason than that.

Some alliances are notorious for asinine taxing, which is why I avoid them, the game has other opportunities to farm stuff be it creds / exp / rares / or mods. Other alliances however have really low taxes which makes their dark sectors a great place to farm. Those I will play in abundance which in the end benefits both, me, since I get more creds/rares/mods per game time spent and them since I run their dark sector a hell lot more often and even though the taxes are lower the increased time I spent running them nets the controlling alliance more in the end.

the worst with this kind of alliances are those who advertise another node they own with ''this node has less tax hurr durr'' which is just really wierd imo....and i wouldnt help them in a conflict either. Dark sector is sadly a broken system and will continue to be in the future. if you need cash just farm void and avoid DS at all costs.