The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are We Will Ever Get Pk Mode In The Future?

Acerola_Orion

Hoping PK [People Killing] mode appear like Nightmare mode on random planet nodes.
Conclave have bit more demand (CP), and Dark Sector are more focusing on "disabling" and "troops count".
So i can start killing spree on grineer/Infested/Corpus and random player.
yea.

Oh oh, and Bounty system.
yea.

WUBWUBWUBWUB

Edited by Acerola_Orion

i'm just gonna say no. pvp is already a seriously  controversial thing in warframe to begin with, it's there for people who want it. adding a mode like that would be a kick to the crotch of every player who doesn't want to pvp but would have to to play that mode. so, sorry. no. i doubt we'll see anything like that and the game will remain better for it.

No, thanks.

Besides, Void/OD -- Laser Trap -- RAD-proc on you -- PK mode

Any other PK mode will be uncontrollable.

Are you sure about that? I mean are you sure that it'll be you who will kill random player?

Doge can oneshot Frames (mine did it with Frost)

Sentinels can kill you in 1-5secs

Valkyr's Hysteria

Rhino's Stomp

etc.

Also, it will cause a lot of problems, not only a balance ones, but also griefing & trolling.

Do you really need it?

Hoping PK [People Killing] mode appear like Nightmare mode on random planet nodes.

Conclave have bit more demand (CP), and Dark Sector are more focusing on "disabling" and "troops count".

yea.

Oh oh, and Bounty system.

yea.

WUBWUBWUBWUB

gladiator-thumbs-down.gif

Unless people get to choose whether or not they want invasions/pk/whatnot enabled/disabled, I don't see how you could possible think this is a good idea. Well, besides from satisfying your own pleasure and give a big fck you to a large portion of the playerbase that is.

The only way this would be even remotely OK would be to have it only happen in designated PvP missions that way people know exactly what they're getting into.  If I'm a brand new player the last thing I want is to be playing my way through a mission only to have a MR10+ player dropped into my mission, whip out some 5 forma'd uber gun and splatter my brains across the wall. 

If we're going to go full Dark Souls with this, DE would need to make it so that you were only able to invade players who's Mastery Rank is equal to yours or higher.

Even if they implemented something like this the main issue with PvP in Warframe is that the weapons are not balanced for it.  My Boltor Prime does roughly 1500 damage per shot.  The frame I use it with has 1100 shield and 1100 HP (which is more than most frames even have).  The Boltor Prime fires roughly 3 shots per mouse click.  If I shoot myself with my own gun I would be dead in seconds, if that long at all.

Do you see the problem here?   The only way PvP would work and be even remotely fun in warframe would be for the Devs to completely rework weapon damage, which would lead into them having to rework enemy stat scaling too.

With the way the game currently works including PvP as something other than a completely optional part of the game just will not work.

Maybe if Dojos ever become involved in combat then Clans could send raids against each other or something using a special gamemode that cuts damage to something that isn't at insta-gib levels.

I like the idea of invasions as they would create interesting gameplay, but it wouldn't be fun with how the game's stats currently work.

Edited by Xaelon

No.  If people want to PVP, there are already dark sectors and conclave.  Any PVP activities should be clearly defined as such, and easily avoidable for those who find PVP gameplay and players to be frustrating at best.

If we're going to go full Dark Souls with this, DE would need to make it so that you were only able to invade players who's Mastery Rank is equal to yours or higher.

This won't work.

* Mastery rank isn't a measure of skill, it's a measure of experience.

* Most high mastery players I know constantly forma stuff, or switch around their loadouts depending on the situation. If you execute your plan, you make it impossible to ever use anything other than our beast uber-guns for fear of getting ganked.

Edited by Momaw

Sure sure, would love to see this implemented for a week, some sort of a twisted sick event.

Dream of Mirrors online did this once. Turned the entire world into PVP, and then people were allowed to kill each other even in the cities. Only the beginner city was safe any other city, or location in the entire game world was a full blown death zone, and the guilds took advantage of this turning it into a violent blood sport. One guild did it more so to an extreme, and eventually when the event was over the Moderators put bounties on that one guild making them free to kill by any player in the game no matter where they were...

It was also brutal on new players because every time they tried to complete quest, or farm something here came a whirling death blow from out of no where. This idea is NOT ideal. I highly stand against PKing to the extreme. This is warframe were supposed to stand out, and stand together. If you want PK go play Starbound, Minecraft, random survival games, or the worst culprit of them all Starforge. Those guys bleed with their mindless, cruel, heartless PKing... Never giving you a chance. Beware the words you speak Hell is only a button push away for DE.

Edited by Arlayn

Dream of Mirrors online did this once. Turned the entire world into PVP, and then people were allowed to kill each other even in the cities. Only the beginner city was safe any other city, or location in the entire game world was a full blown death zone, and the guilds took advantage of this turning it into a violent blood sport. One guild did it more so to an extreme, and eventually when the event was over the Moderators put bounties on that one guild making them free to kill by any player in the game no matter where they were...

It was also brutal on new players because every time they tried to complete quest, or farm something here came a whirling death blow from out of no where. This idea is NOT ideal. I highly stand against PKing to the extreme. This is warframe were supposed to stand out, and stand together. If you want PK go play Starbound, Minecraft, random survival games, or the worst culprit of them all Starforge. Those guys bleed with their mindless, cruel, heartless PKing... Never giving you a chance. Beware the words you speak Hell is only a button push away for DE.

Yep just as I thought it would be, hey it is what the OP is asking for. Let's entertain his twisted mind.

* Most high mastery players I know constantly forma stuff, or switch around their loadouts depending on the situation. If you execute your plan, you make it impossible to ever use anything other than our beast uber-guns for fear of getting ganked.

Which is why I suggested that it only be possible on special missions that are labeled as such at the very start of my post.