Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Removed Slots For Prime Warframes On U15

[DE]Azambuja

I'm sorry, but this is a terrible idea. I completely understand where you are coming from on the issue. It's just no good.

There is more than enough problems with the balance situation in Warframe WITHOUT wandering towards the slippery slope of "Some frames have more slots". 

We don't need that kind of thing. Some people may FEEL we need that, but we don't.

Stat advantages are fine, but this is leaning towards giving Prime frames more build potential from the start. No go.

today - H> t4 exterma mr15+ only 1000 + conclave please

with prime keeping 10 slots - H> t4 exterma mr15+ only 1000+ conclave Prime Gear only!

ill ahve to say no, simply becasue there are still too much frames with out a Prime variant,

Are you saying that 1000+ conclave is actually hard to reach?

I've also never seen anyone recruit for Rank 15+ only.

Seems like all the examples against it so far are blatantly extreme.

I'd kinda like to see this. Sure prime frames will be infinitely better than normal ones, but hey, I grinded for hours for that stupid Loki prime helmet, and I think I deserve some compensation. A little max energy boost, and a polarity that I might even have to change isn't enough.

Mag, Ember, and Frost prime all need buff anyway, so this could be the way to do it. That, and give Frost more armor...

Prime weapons are already so much better than normal weapons, so people don't use weapons if they have a prime version available. Why would it hurt the game anymore if warframes worked the same way? It's not like we have to pay for prime warframes, and it's not like we didn't farm the hell out of defense, and survival missions for keys so that we can grind away for the prime parts.

Like everyone else is saying though, this won't be implemented. Just wish it was.

Edited by saltshaker42

1. Maybe not... for a veteran with hundreds of hours farming mods.

2. Maybe you haven't, but believe me, people ask for ridiculous things in MR.

3. Read the rest of the thread, there are many other reasons not to do this.

1. Maybe not... for a veteran with hundreds of hours farming mods.

2. Maybe you haven't, but believe me, people ask for ridiculous things in MR.

3. Read the rest of the thread, there are many other reasons not to do this.

Having rank 30 in every weapon equipped is enough to reach 1000 C.

All I can see so far is "Only Prime Weapons that I farmed hours for can be extremely better than their non-prime counterparts, but Prime Warframes that I potentially had to farm for an even longer period for? No, they can only be better by a miniscule amount."

It'd be nice if the Prime Warframes had extra slots, but if it doesn't happen then I won't be bothered by it.

I'm just waiting for the side against it to not have a double-standard and have viable reasons for not giving them extra slots.

I'd kinda like to see this. Sure prime frames will be infinitely better than normal ones, but hey, I grinded for hours for that stupid Loki prime helmet, and I think I deserve some compensation. A little max energy boost, and a polarity that I might even have to change isn't enough.

Mag, Ember, and Frost prime all need buff anyway, so this could be the way to do it. That, and give Frost more armor...

Prime weapons are already so much better than normal weapons, so people don't use weapons if they have a prime version available. Why would it hurt the game anymore if warframes worked the same way? It's not like we have to pay for prime warframes, and it's not like we didn't farm the hell out of defense, and survival missions for keys so that we can grind away for the prime parts.

Like everyone else is saying though, this won't be implemented. Just wish it was.

You chose to grind for Loki Prime knowing that the only thing you would get was... Loki Prime. You are not entitled to any "compensation". If you think the grind is not worth it then don't grind for it, or ask for it to be reduced. But doing the deed and then saying the prize you got (which you knew perfectly well from the start) is not up to your standards is not acceptable in my sight.

No matter primes or not that 10 slot was good to keep the customization options. If they want balance then try to balance the garbage mods with buff or adding more function and remove or nerf the rainbow mods.

I would like to see more stats like resistances, armor rate with resist against -slash, puncture, impact etc. 

Removing slots when the system already broken that won't fix the broken system. Just make again dilemma like on weapons that sometimes we feel just simply not enough. I don't want playing with the variations and different builds when have only 1 useful almost the others not really.

A lot of mods deserved a revise.

Edit: If primes can keep the 10 slot then the normal versions need too. Everything or nothing!

Edited by Karinia

Okay how about this, you're effectively asking the same question as if you said prime weapons should get more slots. Mod slots are a very flexible thing unlike fixed stat boosts. Does a different  build work better for some prime versions of a weapon over its base? Yes. But does it have a massive build advantage that two more slots does? Nope, not even close. This would make prime warframes too powerful compared to the base ones when the newer ones already are boosted.

1: from my personal experience, ive seen alot of players with under 1000 conclave

this is just an example, i dont really host rooms with requirement, but i have seen others requesting a Privet message asking for what kind of gear you have and or Conclave rating

2: im a person that uses "extreme examples" like how i always mock "Pro-players" going in they non stop 24 hour T4 survival runs, when really, all they do is abuse one warframe ability

Why should primes be superior? Assuming that logic is right is so wrong.

Primes shouldn't have advantages at all, that would render owning regular frames useless.

I do hope DE still is looking a way to balance and make both prime and regular worth.

Cause having primes, just cause of the gold and superiority is bad.

Having rank 30 in every weapon equipped is enough to reach 1000 C.

All I can see so far is "Only Prime Weapons that I farmed hours for can be extremely better than their non-prime counterparts, but Prime Warframes that I potentially had to farm for an even longer period for? No, they can only be better by a miniscule amount."

It'd be nice if the Prime Warframes had extra slots, but if it doesn't happen then I won't be bothered by it.

I'm just waiting for the side against it to not have a double-standard and have viable reasons for not giving them extra slots.

1. False. My proof: Unmodded rank 30 Mirage + Unmodded rank 30 Attica + modded rank 30 Marelok + modded rank 30 Dual Ichors + modded rank 30 Carrier + modded rank 30 Sweeper = Conclave 662. I can post image proof if you don't believe me.

2. Yes, and that's why Boltor Prime earned the nickname of Power Creep Prime. There is no double standard here; as much as I don't want Primes to be ridiculously stronger than their non-prime counterparts, the same applies to weapons as well as frames.

Okay how about this, you're effectively asking the same question as if you said prime weapons should get more slots. Mod slots are a very flexible thing unlike fixed stat boosts. Does a different  build work better for some prime versions of a weapon over its base? Yes. But does it have a massive build advantage that two more slots does? Nope, not even close. This would make prime warframes too powerful compared to the base ones when the newer ones already are boosted.

They are harder to obtain, so of course they would be more powerful.

Prime Weapon stats go above and beyond their counterparts, while Prime Frame stats are almost nonexistent, and are literally nonexistent on the older ones.

A few posters in here are saying Prime Frames should not have noticeably betters stats, yet the weapons can.

Primes shouldn't have advantages at all, that would render owning regular frames useless.

I do hope DE still is looking a way to balance and make both prime and regular worth.

Because as the name implies, prime were the original version of the warframes, from the Orokin Era

They are harder to obtain, so of course they would be more powerful.

Prime Weapon stats go above and beyond their counterparts, while Prime Frame stats are almost nonexistent, and are literally nonexistent on the older ones.

A few posters in here are saying Prime Frames should not have noticeably betters stats, yet the weapons can.

That's because weapons are something very different than frames. One frames take more investment, so people rather not all the work they put into something be thrown out the window the moment the prime version of that frame comes out. Weapons are quick, easier to level, and also the slots for them are much cheaper. Honestly I did like it better when Prime was just a skin for a frame and some altered polarities.

1. False. My proof: Unmodded rank 30 Mirage + Unmodded rank 30 Attica + modded rank 30 Marelok + modded rank 30 Dual Ichors + modded rank 30 Carrier + modded rank 30 Sweeper = Conclave 662. I can post image proof if you don't believe me.

2. Yes, and that's why Boltor Prime earned the nickname of Power Creep Prime. There is no double standard here; as much as I don't want Primes to be ridiculously stronger than their non-prime counterparts, the same applies to weapons as well as frames.

Why would you leave them unmodded. New players have mods they can put on. Were you not thinking?

Primes shouldn't have advantages at all, that would render owning regular weapons* useless.

I dont like it. There wouldnt be any reason to *use regular weapons* if Primes would be a lot better when compared with regular one.

Fixed for you two.

That's because weapons are something very different than frames. One frames take more investment, so people rather not all the work they put into something be thrown out the window the moment the prime version of that frame comes out. Weapons are quick, easier to level, and also the slots for them are much cheaper. Honestly I did like it better when Prime was just a skin for a frame and some altered polarities.

Frames do not take more investment. Weapons require more forma than frames do, due to not having Auras.

How quickly a frame levels depends on what frame you are using.

Okay I have an idea, because he is unique and already in the need of a buff, only Excalibur Prime should get the extra two. I understand that I chose to pay the extreme sum of cash to get him, but he should be bad ace, and better. After all, he was the first Warframe.

I understand that those who did not have the chance to obtain him or the cash, whatever their excuse may be, might get mad, but welcome to beta! This is how a beta game works, limited time items that you had to be there in order to have. (Vandals, Wraiths, a variety of mods and cosmetics such as helmets with stats and the Prime Access gear, as well as gear). When a Loki/Frost/Mag/Ember/Rhino/Nyx prime joins a squad, people are: "Meh, I could get that whenever." When Excalibur Prime joins, people are generally like "Oh dang you are a walking wallet, nice Excal Prime! Wish I had that!" and I respond: "He fails to meet a normal Warframes standards, and is no where near the level of Prime. You would be better using a different Prime."

I would enjoy using my limited edition frame and being better than anything else, as he should be. You think this is unfair? Sorry, welcome to beta. If Warframe was a complete game, I could understand an argument against this, however, I am interested to see how you all respond. I am aware Excalibur is getting a buff, and I have no idea what the plans are for Excalibur Prime, but something major should be done, something that makes him stand out. Maybe this is not it, but I would take no buffs on him just for two more slots.   

Edited by ARES9519

Okay I have an idea, because he is unique and already in the need of a buff, only Excalibur Prime should get the extra two. I understand that I chose to pay the extreme sum of cash to get him, but he should be bad @$$, and better. After all, he was the first Warframe. I understand that those who did not have the chance to obtain him or the cash, whatever their excuse may be, might get mad, but welcome to beta! This is how a beta game works, limited time items that you had to be there in order to have. When a Loki/Frost/Mag/Ember/Rhino/Nyx prime joins a squad, people are: "Meh, I could get that whenever." When Excalibur Prime joins, people are generally like "Oh dang you are a walking wallet, nice Excal Prime! Wish I had that!" and I respond: "He fails to meet a normal Warframes standards, and is no where near the level of Prime. You would be better using a diffrent Prime."

Older Primes are receiving their benefits at a later date. Though I am not sure how they will handle Excal Prime.

Okay I have an idea, because he is unique and already in the need of a buff, only Excalibur Prime should get the extra two. I understand that I chose to pay the extreme sum of cash to get him, but he should be bad @$$, and better. After all, he was the first Warframe. I understand that those who did not have the chance to obtain him or the cash, whatever their excuse may be, might get mad, but welcome to beta! This is how a beta game works, limited time items that you had to be there in order to have. When a Loki/Frost/Mag/Ember/Rhino/Nyx prime joins a squad, people are: "Meh, I could get that whenever." When Excalibur Prime joins, people are generally like "Oh dang you are a walking wallet, nice Excal Prime! Wish I had that!" and I respond: "He fails to meet a normal Warframes standards, and is no where near the level of Prime. You would be better using a diffrent Prime."

No. Do you really want to give viable reason to ask for his release?

Hmm, when i look at it from different perspective, lets give Excalibur Prime 10 slots. Then lets release him because of P2W screaming just to annoy you. Because you want him to be better just because you paid for him.

No. Do you really want to give viable reason to ask for his release?

Hmm, when i look at it from different perspective, lets give Excalibur Prime 10 slots. Then lets release him because of P2W screaming just to annoy you. Because you want him to be better just because you paid for him.

Paid is such an ugly word I prefer "spent long hours farming at my job" that seems like a good excuse to buff everything else right? Spent hours farming for it?

Edit: Yeah sorry if the sarcasm doesn't go through with text. Might be hard to read.

Edited by Kazzamo