Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are We Still In Beta?

Deruser

Yes. Yes we are. 

The game suffers from horrid bugs, it is still a work in progress and is nowhere NEAR a finished state.

No, No we are not.

The devs say we're still in beta, but with the progress and success the game has had, we came out of a beta stage around update 11/12.

All games have horrid bugs, and work in progress materials (especially MMO's), so then essentially you're saying WoW is still a Beta.

No, No we are not.

The devs say we're still in beta, but with the progress and success the game has had, we came out of a beta stage around update 11/12.

All games have horrid bugs, and work in progress materials (especially MMO's), so then essentially you're saying WoW is still a Beta.

Nooooo.

If the devs say it is in Beta, then it is in beta.

If the open beta agreement still applies, then it is beta.

WoW was released as a finished product, this game? No.

Nooooo.

If the devs say it is in Beta, then it is in beta.

If the open beta agreement still applies, then it is beta.

WoW was released as a finished product, this game? No.

No game is a finished product , used to be like that back in the good old days, but devs are constantly upgrading there games fixing bugs and adding more content, warframe might want to continue to hide behind open beta, but imo beta ended along time ago.

No game is a finished product , used to be like that back in the good old days, but devs are constantly upgrading there games fixing bugs and adding more content, warframe might want to continue to hide behind open beta, but imo beta ended along time ago.

How? 

How in gods damn does the success of a game determine whether it is in open beta or not?

Because right now, that line of logic makes as much as the "It has a market system, so it isn't a beta"

If the game is still in Beta shouldn't DE advertise it as such? I have recently started playing and nowhere in the whole process of discovering, downloading, installing and running the game is it suggested that this is a beta.

Every reference on the website that I can see refers to it as a game and not a beta.

Where does it say this game is a beta? 

Still Beta, devs said it is. Which is good because this game is so halfway broken it could never last as a finished product in its current state.

Thus I will continue to throw my money at the devs until they can fix everything and make it a finished product.

The reason this game can't be in a full release state, despite bugs, is the sheer fact that there isn't enough content in the game to keep players around. Now before some start crying bloody murder, let me explain. Aside from grinding, the events, and leveling up, what really is there to do? DE is adding things like Archwing and such to really change up Warframe's current state and inject it full of feel-good-content. This adds depth and more playability. Of course I'm not speaking for the general player base when I say there isn't much to do. This is my take on the state of the game, not fact merely opinion.

If the game is still in Beta shouldn't DE advertise it as such? I have recently started playing and nowhere in the whole process of discovering, downloading, installing and running the game is it suggested that this is a beta.

Every reference on the website that I can see refers to it as a game and not a beta.

Where does it say this game is a beta? 

[Thank you Vaugahn!]

YzTvvs1.png

I think DE should just remove the beta label now. People don't like seeing a game in beta for over a year that charges for things. I mean it's bad enough (for some people) that Warframe is f2p. I don't know maybe with some big update they will get rid of the beta label.

I think DE should just remove the beta label now. People don't like seeing a game in beta for over a year that charges for things. I mean it's bad enough (for some people) that Warframe is f2p. I don't know maybe with some big update they will get rid of the beta label.

Yeah, that update is when Warframe becomes a finished game.

Until then, it is still a beta.

Honestly they should take a step back evaluate the game they have, and spend a good while just bug fixing. Seriously I think we could manage a large update that had minimal content addition but an update that fixes nearly every single bug and connection issue in the game today. If this was done we could peel off that worn out Beta sticker slapped on this game and have a very smooth game that a lot of the founders, vets and casuals have been begging for.

DE is ambitious I'll give them that. They don't cease to wow me, but each update brings new content with more bugs. Some of which get overlooked. So by the time they revisit bugs they have a looooong laundry list of things to clean up. Bettet they nip these bugs now than later

Yes. Yes we are. 

The game suffers from horrid bugs, it is still a work in progress and is nowhere NEAR a finished state.

The game is basicly fully released but in a state of progessive finishing, with the occasional overhaul.

A bit like launching a ship which only has it's finished functional hull, rudimentary engines, some passenger/cargo space and a bridge which uses laptops and walky talkies to coordinate it, while the construction crew is onboard trying to finish it.

Since the launch the engines have been replaced at least once, an intercom got installed, the bridge got tables, the roof in cabine 1-14 is finaly fixed, the cargo bay got a new paintjob, the cardboard cutouts of the stewards are replaced with real stewards and now someone got the idea of installing a helicopter pad.

But there are still plenty of problems, missing bits and the designers might suddently make drastic overhauls.

But hey, looking at the hull, most people who ride it can imagine how great it will look once it's finished and the tickets were free.

Edited by Othergrunty

The game is basicly fully released but in a state of progessive finishing, with the occasional overhaul.

A bit like launching a ship which has only it's finished functional hull, rudimentary engines, some passenger/cargo space and a bridge which uses laptops and walky talkies to coordinate it.

Since the launch the engines have been replaced at least once, an intercom got installed, the bridge got tables, the roof in cabine 1-14 is finaly fixed, the cargo bay got a new paintjob, the cardboard cutouts of the stewards are replaced with real stewards and now someone got the idea of installing a helicopter pad. But there are still plenty of problems and missing bits too.

But hey, looking at the hull, most people who ride it can imagine how great it will look once it's finished and the tickets were free.

It can't be both finished and still being finished. 

it's either one or the other.

The ship is either completely finished and ready to set sail, or it still has missing parts and pieces that need to put in.

Edited by TheErebus

Honestly they should take a step back evaluate the game they have, and spend a good while just bug fixing. Seriously I think we could manage a large update that had minimal content addition but an update that fixes nearly every single bug and connection issue in the game today. If this was done we could peel off that worn out Beta sticker slapped on this game and have a very smooth game that a lot of the founders, vets and casuals have been begging for.

DE is ambitious I'll give them that. They don't cease to wow me, but each update brings new content with more bugs. Some of which get overlooked. So by the time they revisit bugs they have a looooong laundry list of things to clean up. Bettet they nip these bugs now than later

Here's the thing, if they focus an entire update on the bugs then people will get bored and leave the game due to lack of content.

So DE has a good balance.

They offer content in the form of Tenno Reinforcements and the updates, and then they also do hot fixes to fix bugs that are constantly popping up.

A bit like launching a ship which has only it's finished functional hull, rudimentary engines, some passenger/cargo space and a bridge which uses laptops and walky talkies to coordinate it, while the construction crew is onboard trying to finish it.

Since the launch the engines have been replaced at least once, an intercom got installed, the bridge got tables, the roof in cabine 1-14 is finaly fixed, the cargo bay got a new paintjob, the cardboard cutouts of the stewards are replaced with real stewards and now someone got the idea of installing a helicopter pad. But there are still plenty of problems and missing bits too.

Good analogy.

The ship is either completely finished and ready to set sail, or it still has missing parts and pieces that need to put in.

Never been in a Navy, have you? That is a joke btw.

SOME will say it is finished. Like the politicians and brass saying that a brand new frigate is 'fully operational and certified for sea'. Others? Not so much. After all, the politicos and brass don't have to RIDE in it, do they? (DO NOT get the Master Chief Petty Officer started...)

It can be both. Depends on who you talk to.

Edited by Kalenath

Never been in a Navy, have you? That is a joke btw.

SOME will say it is finished. Like the politicians and brass saying that a brand new frigate is 'fully operational and certified for sea'. Others? Not so much. After all, the politicos and brass don't have to RIDE in it, do they? (DO NOT get the Chief Petty Officer started...)

It can be both.

Hmm, yeah I can see where you're getting at.

I retract my statements to Othergrunty then, but I still stand strong in that it is not a finished product.

That's the paradox i was trying to highlight with that metaphor.

The traditional image of alpha and beta phase would be comparable to how a ship is build in drydock and only released to the open sea once it's finished. The beta phase being the first on sea tests, performed near the coast.

But what we here with Warframe is something that breaks with this method and as a result people are unsure if the old labels can be applied to it.

but I still stand strong in that it is not a finished product.

And i was not trying to say anything else. It's not finished. It's just allready operating like a finished product.

Edited by Othergrunty

Hmm, yeah I can see where you're getting at.

I retract my statements to Othergrunty then, but I still stand strong in that it is not a finished product.

I actually agree that it is not finished.

Not everyone will and some of the reasons are valid.

That's the paradox i was trying to highlight with that rather clumsy metaphor.

The traditional image of alpha and beta phase would be comparable to how a ship is build in drydock and only released to the open sea once it's finished. The beta phase being the first on sea tests, performed near the coast.

But what we here with Warframe is something that breaks with this method and as a result people are unsure if the old labels can be applied to it.

The old labels don't fit. That confuses people, so they try to MAKE the old labels fit.

*Shrug*

I still play the game and have fun either way... so...

Edited by Kalenath