Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Official Statement On The Site To Stop This Legendary Madness

Sifu

The amount of threads with Legendary Forma madness grown too large, people need a clear understanding of what will happen.

As for now - we have this official statement about what and how much will be refunded. It will not change until official DE notice.

Info is the following:

https://warframe.com/news/devstream-39-overview

"Each Warframe will also be losing two Mod Slots in exchange for receiving these powers by default, and any player who used a Forma to change the polarity of the Slot removed will be refunded Forma as appropriate."

The issue with the Steel Charge aura was a mistake, that DE accepted and refunded it with Legendary Cores. But now we have game mechanics change, its not a mistake, is an upgrade. DE have nothing to excuse for, yet they are issuing a refund with Formas.

In general community is against Legendary Formas, only a minority wishes them for clear trading purposes. There is no need for denial, we all understand here, what is behind this Legendary Forma demand.

Who is with me - simply upvote my post, this will give an understanding, what community really wants. And community want new content, not new gamebreaking currency items.

Thanks for your time, have fun in upcoming U15, guys!

Edited by Vicious_D

Just one thing... it's not denyal but denial... lol.

I personally don't care a damn. I know is that we ARE getting fusion cores for the warframe abilities being removed. However, I believe it's actually based on the level and rarity you leveled it up to if not wrong.

Just one thing... it's not denyal but denial... lol.

I personally don't care a damn. I know is that we ARE getting fusion cores for the warframe abilities being removed. However, I believe it's actually based on the level and rarity you leveled it up to if not wrong.

Was writing in a haste, soz for dat, gramma warrior. Corrected.

Official statement would be best.

We have official statement on site (https://warframe.com...eam-39-overview), but I agree - on forum would be much better.

You are as annoying as the people wanting a legendary refund. Even more so, your complain doesn't make sense, theirs does.

My thread has alot of common sense, theirs on contrary - not. But its your right to say and think what you want, even if you`re wrong.

Edited by Vicious_D

honestly i wouldnt care either way

the change is a positive one IMHO, and the cost associated are bearable

at the same time, the whole hub-bub about a 'legendary forma' (ie a forma that could re-polarize a slot without reseting the frame to rank1) is silly to me

the idea of legendary forma sounds fine to me, honestly i dont see why DE doesnt use it at some point, but then again, im certainly not going to beg/demand it like the rest of the emo-nerd-rage herd, additionally i dont see it as "game-breaking" or any of the other hyperbole terms ppl r throwing around, legendary cores didn't break the game, and they're trade-able, this would be the same, and some ppl would use them, others would trade them, plat would exchange hands and then the dust would settle and nothing would really be any different than before

silly ppl on the forums are trying to make a big deal out of nothing, just like all the alliance DS/rail BS that happened awhile back, or the "oh noes, frost is useless now" garbage, etc, etc, etc

there are some GOOD constructive critics on these forums: notionphil, DiabolusUrsus, Aure7, Innocent_Flower (sometimes), and a select few others that i cannot remember at this time

this legendary forma drama is not one of those cases

My thread have alot of common sense, theirs on contrary - not. But its your right to say and think what you want, even if you`re wrong.

You are very wrong. You asking the community about their thoughts by upvoting you which will prove your point, while not having a downvote button.

Please continue your flawless logic, I'm entertained.

Edited by Deccode

Time is precious.

Most definatly some people have spend money on affinity boosters just to level up a formaed Warframe. Others spend quite a bunch of playtime to rerank up a formaed warframe. Forcing any of them to rerank up to a dozen warframes will make them quite unhappy. Especially casual gamers who will loose this time and wont be able to do what they actually want to do - explore U15.

If the script removes any slot that has a polarity other than none / ability it steals a forma plus several hours of lifetime from a player and if that is not compensated in some way it will make a lot of people sad, angry and more which wont do the game any good.

Personally I appreciate the upcoming change and can manage its consequences but I care about this game as a whole and if this proccess fails it might have a big negative impact on the player base and follow up cash flow ( who wants to invest time and money into a game if at any time anything gained might be removed ).

So I pretty much prefer a over compensation over a cheap forma hand out. Theres nothing to loose due to a over compensation but quite a lot to loose if people are being hurt.

Edit : BTW I dont like this thread at all. Neglecting other peoples time investment is just arrogant and reckless.

Edited by AdFinitum

You are very wrong. You asking the community about their thoughts by upvoting you which will prove your point, while not having a downvote button.

Please continue your flawless logic, I'm entertained.

We dont need downvote, since you can either ignore or upvote the post. And considering I have more upvotes after 20 minutes than LF threads after days...  keep yourself entertained and stay longer in my thread, the more such haters will be here, the more attention I`ll get.

Time is precious.

So I pretty much prefer a over compensation over a cheap forma hand out.

Edit : BTW I dont like this thread at all. Neglecting other peoples time investment is just reckless.

No one is forcing you to play, and asking for a refund ingame, that you payed nothing to play (maybe you actually payed, but most of whiners will never spent a dollar)... fair for you maybe, not fair for thousands of others and way not fair for the devs, who are really spending their time by making this game.

I know I`m right, I dont care what freeloaders want. I spent alot more than a dozen of average players, why I`m not whining about giving me a special Rideable Prime Moa?

Edited by Vicious_D

No matter the case, DE has no legal bindings to "refund" people anything. When you agreed to play the game, as this is IN BETA you agreed to allowing them to change systems as they see fit. By those terms, they didn't even have to refund people Formae, but out of the goodness of their hearts and to compensate for the change (which they legally don't have to), they are giving us, and I emphasize GIVING US, the formae back as compensation. So don't start complaining and whinning about getting a Legendary Forma just because you feel entitled to getting it, DE has no bindings to do so.

You want proof, read your TOS/EULA and you'll get that proof.

Edited by AlphaHorseman

I think there's one thing you guys are missing..

The cost of your abilities are (most likely) being removed and in case you only had 1, one of your mods (probably maxed) is also going to be dropped. Which will give you points back. You might not even need that 1 polarized slot anymore and can use the Forma on something else.

I understand why most want a Legendary Forma, I'm not looking forward to possibly having to re-level several of my frames, but DE hasn't even decided yet if they're gonna be added or not and there's already massive drama on the forums about it. If they were to be added, and could be traded on top of that, the amount of angry topics would get even worse. I can't blame them for wanting to avoid that entirely.

I believe that a 3day affinity boost would be enough (along with the normal Forma's returned). But make it something we can active when we want to, so that it doesn't get wasted for the ones that don't have time while it's active.

The point of wanting legendary forma is that forma is extremely easy to get and no one who plays void missions has a shortage of them but the time spend leveling those warframes after every forma is something that you can't get back.

Personally I am in favor of giving players legendary forma as long as it is not tradable even though I will not be getting any forma refunds due to the fact that although I remove skill polarities all the time I have never removed more than 2 from any frame.

Vicous_D You and i had a disscussing in another thread, where you misunderstood me. Now i agree that, no matter if DE is leagally obligated to or not refund items, if they did not people would just leave, hurting their business.

Don't get me wrong i also think they WANT to give us the forma, but NOT giving the forma back would make alot of players leave (not myself included since i dont really care too much)

But you would maybe want to see more than your own side. Some people dont want to waste the only life they have, and loose that time spent. It would be the same as you working your butt off at your job, and getting a higher paycheck, but not getting your paycheck for another month. It would not be fair.

Personally i want this change, and i agree with them all and fully, but before you say that people hate this change, take a look on the other side of the coin. Look at why people dont want their time being wasted completly on something that will just be taken (aka their time leveling the frame 2 times) And i know for a fact that some people have all the frames, which have been formaed alot(That would be me, i am a collector XD    )

But you would maybe want to see more than your own side. Some people dont want to waste the only life they have, and loose that time spent. It would be the same as you working your butt off at your job, and getting a higher paycheck, but not getting your paycheck for another month. It would not be fair.

Just one simple question and I`m deleting this thread if you answer yes - do you get payed for playing this game?

Edited by Vicious_D

The point of wanting legendary forma is that forma is extremely easy to get and no one who plays void missions has a shortage of them but the time spend leveling those warframes after every forma is something that you can't get back.

Personally I am in favor of giving players legendary forma as long as it is not tradable even though I will not be getting any forma refunds due to the fact that although I remove skill polarities all the time I have never removed more than 2 from any frame.

Why do you think you're going to lose time? It's not like you will need to relevel a frame again after U15. Just make sure that if you polarized any ability mod slots that you move the polarizations you want to keep to the bottom left and bottom right slots. I believe it was stated that the top two ability slots were the ones being removed. If you polarized 3 or 4 abilities, then figure out which two mods you're going to keep and do the above for those polarities. Keep in mind we are getting 16 mod points so if you polarized and ability you may even have a jump on other players who may need to come up with a few more mod points to cover the 18+ points two frame mods will need.

God people are complaining as if theyll loose alot or all of thier hard work in the game but theyll just remove 2 ability slots=-=

Worse case senario is if you formad all slots which is impractical. either way you can just move you forma our of the way.. 

Someone started this "legendary forma" thing and look at the bandwagon....

Edited by CrystalRibbon

Just one simple question and I`m deleting this thread if you answer yes - do you get payed for playing this game?

*facepalm*

No that was just a example, I am talking about you use you time, which you ca never get back, and then you dont get payed for it. If you take the example and apply it here: You use alot of hours grinding xp for your frame. DE makes a better system, and removes two formaed slots. Then they give you back your forma, but you dont get the Time you spent on the xp.

Hours on xp= Hours working your butt of

DE makes a better system, and gives you back forma= You getting a better paycheck

If the loss of two slots happen=You not getting money for your time.

I know this kind of is a non relatble way of showing, but the best thing i can come up with right now. IF you can give me a better example of a way to show this please do so.

I have to repeat myself here: I love the change and look forward to it. BUT its like some people (you included Vicous_D) can't see both perspectives. Which makes you abit arrogant. But i have the same opinion as you, but the idea that a upvote=YES REMOVE THE LEGENDARY FORMA. And an ignore =GIVE ME THAT SHIEEEET!

Is just not a good idea

God people are complaining as if theyll loose alot or all of thier hard work in the game but theyll just remove 2 ability slots=-=

Worse case senario is if you formad all slots which is impractical. either way you can just move you forma our of the way.. 

Someone started this "legendary forma" thing and look at the bandwagon....

You cant move your forma out of the way..... DE rebeca said so, the script will go for if the forma started in the removed slot

Edited by Sadroth