Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Official Statement On The Site To Stop This Legendary Madness

Sifu

The issue with the Steel Charge aura was a mistake, that DE accepted and refunded it with Legendary Cores. But now we have game mechanics change, its not a mistake, is an upgrade. DE have nothing to excuse for, yet they are issuing a refund with Formas.

In general community is against Legendary Formas, only a minority wishes them for clear trading purposes. There is no need for denial, we all understand here, what is behind this Legendary Forma demand.

Who is with me - simply upvote my post, this will give an understanding, what community really wants. And community want new content, not new gamebreaking currency items.

I don't know about you, but DE set Steel Charge to have Rank 10, sure it was a mistake, and they acted accordingly by compensating player time and credits back by giving Legendary Cores, but they were the ones that set it and it wasn't a system error. Now, we have had Warframe abilities as mod cards for two years now? I don't know about you, but having DE change this is the same thing as a mistake, they shouldn't have been part of the mod card system to begin with. Now players have MORE to lose because we've had this system for two years now and more time has been wasted than Rank 10 Steel Charge. If DE didn't refund me my Forma then I would quit the game, that is my resource that I farmed for and made and then spent time in putting it to use, exactly like Steel Charge, but hours of my time leveling up approximately 25 Warframes is not of value? Therefore I want Legendary Forma to compensate for my time just like they did with Steel Charge.

Where the Hell did you get such a stupid thought placed into your head that people want Legendary Forma for trading purposes? You can't even trade regular Forma, so why the Hell should Legendary Forma be tradeable? Because it has "Legendary" on it? That's not even close to being a reason, even Legendary Cores shouldn't have been tradeable, but at least they put a 9 Million credit tax. This is just another mistake DE made.

I am not with you since none of your claims weigh no merit in any of our experiences on why we want Legendary Forma. I want Legendary Forma to compensate for my time. Also, to everyone saying "Oh well you signed a TOS saying DE can do anything to your account, so SOL", well I hope DE deletes all of your Warframes  when U15 comes so you can come crying back to the forums and I'll just keep saying what you're saying to me.

You're all just Two Faced.

Edited by EChondo

snip

there is one big problem ... the change in Ability mods is not a coincidence but only a intentional, planned and deliberate action. and it will be not implemented to fix a mistake. its a reasonable change to make the frames a "whole". to "force" players to use the full palette of abilities the frame has  

Edited by Cracken

Part of majority. Also I actually read threads and can make a valid suggestion, based on peoples answers. Considering I got over 40 upvotes, my suggestion is actually valid.

Minority are people, who cant afford or will not buy platinum, but want a free tradeable thingy, that can be sold to fat-wallet-kiddoz for precious plats.

Don't talk about "majority" without actual voiting chart, it is silly.

Minority is a peoples who can't accept official answer from developers of this game, and trying to pull their personal opinion about free stuff.

You're Two Faced.

There was a reset from closed beta to open beta, as I recall. Also we still have a chance of total reset of all accounts. No one said we wont have it. No, I wont be a crybaby like someone here and run on forums to ask for a 'compensation' if we`ll lose everything, because it will be equal for everyone.

Don't talk about "majority" without actual voiting chart, it is silly.

Minority is a peoples who can't accept official answer from developers of this game, and trying to pull their personal opinion about free stuff.

9C7SPkj.gif

Edited by Vicious_D

I want Legendary Forma to compensate for my time. Also, to everyone saying "Oh well you signed a TOS saying DE can do anything to your account, so SOL", well I hope DE deletes all of your Warframes  when U15 comes so you can come crying back to the forums and I'll just keep saying what you're saying to me.

You're all just Two Faced.

What time wasted? did you read any of the reply of DE about the matter? 1-2 forma on ability slots a huge loss to you (that is the case you you formal ALL of your ability slot which is dumb)?

Tradable or not tradable,If you give/hand out something limited and powerful stuff  leisurely , people will tend to want even more.

Worse case is that a non tradable "legendary forma" will be hoarded, then sooner or later, because its something special and rare people will want or even DE would make it tradedable making it a viable plat source, invalidating the "make it non tradable" thing.

The current forma is not tradable becasue you can get it also for free be just doing Void, what do you think will happens if its tradable ?. Look at the other side of the mirror too.

Edited by CrystalRibbon

Warframe.  With it's regular updates and lack of subscription fees.

There, that's the compensation for your time.  Do any of us 'deserve' anything for playing beyond the enjoyment of playing? No.  End of story.

Games like this evolve, we're talking about a relatively minor change here, one that at most will set someone back a few hours gameplay per frame. Time that they'd spend playing anyway, they just may end up doing different content.

Anyone who disagrees that this is a relatively minor change, I direct you to remember/look up the details of the Star Wars Galaxies NGE change, bearing in mind that that was a subscription based MMO. Is it precisely the same thing, no. But it's a good example of the kind of change that actually warranted as many complaints as this U15 change has generated.

Tradable or not tradable,If you give/hand out something limited and powerful stuff  leisurely , people will tend to want even more.

Worse case is that a non tradable "legendary forma" will be hoarded, then sooner or later, because its something special and rare people will want or even DE would make it tradedable making it a viable plat source, invalidation the "make it non tradable thing".

The current forma is not tradable becasue you can get it also for free be just doing Void, what do you think will happens if its tradable ?. Look at the other side of the mirror too.

I'm still have my 2 Legendary cores. I want even more, but nothing happens.

i will give you some data:
this tread have as for the time i write it : have 52 replies and 677 views- op got 45 votes
any other L. forma related tread from the first page of General have nearly 2 time more views and nearly the same amount of replies - op got 4 ... 10 ... 11 votes.
the exception is a tread https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/327024-why-u15s-proposed-forma-replacement-is-disrespectful/ with over 160 replies and over 3k views - op got 30 votes ... (i'm not counting the time life of a tread)

it clear that people don't want L forma

Edited by Cracken

there is one big problem ... the change in Ability mods is not a coincidence but only a intentional, planned and deliberate action. and it will be not implemented to fix a mistake. its a reasonable change to make the frames a "whole". to "force" players to use the full palette of abilities the frame has  

And was getting rid of Rank 10 Steel Charge not an intentional, planned and deliberate action? Cause it seemed pretty planned when they gave us like 3 days ahead of time to know about the change.

Having abilities as mod cards has been a mistake from the beginning, but DE only realized this later rather than sooner.

There was a reset from closed beta to open beta, as I recall. Also we still have a chance of total reset of all accounts. No one said we wont have it. No, I wont be a crybaby like someone here and run on forums to ask for a 'compensation' if we`ll lose everything, because it will be equal for everyone.

I wont lose my precious time, arguing with people like you, I`d better go and play some Warframe and have fun.

Wait, so compensation for everyone getting reset shouldn't be given because it's equal for everyone, but then you're arguing that the people that want Legendary Forma shouldn't be compensated even though it isn't equal?

Another Two Faced response.

Look at the other side of the mirror too.

I advise you to do the same since you do not understand the importance of our time being wasted. Why did I even bother playing this game over a year ago if most of my hard work will be gone in an instant in U15? Yes I had fun doing it, but why should I have to do it all over again? Because DE is implementing a system that should have been implemented over a year ago from closed beta to open beta?

If I am not compensated for my time then nearly 11 of my Warframes are going on the backburner. I hope all of you like seeing(or not) Invisibility, cause Loki is going to be my new main once U15 hits.

And was getting rid of Rank 10 Steel Charge not an intentional, planned and deliberate action? Cause it seemed pretty planned when they gave us like 3 days ahead of time to know about the change.

Having abilities as mod cards has been a mistake from the beginning, but DE only realized this later rather than sooner.

Wait, so compensation for everyone getting reset shouldn't be given because it's equal for everyone, but then you're arguing that the people that want Legendary Forma shouldn't be compensated even though it isn't equal?

Another Two Faced response.

I advise you to do the same since you do not understand the importance of our time being wasted. Why did I even bother playing this game over a year ago if most of my hard work will be gone in an instant in U15? Yes I had fun doing it, but why should I have to do it all over again? Because DE is implementing a system that should have been implemented over a year ago from closed beta to open beta?

If I am not compensated for my time then nearly 11 of my Warframes are going on the backburner. I hope all of you like seeing(or not) Invisibility, cause Loki is going to be my new main once U15 hits.

No matter the case, DE has no legal bindings to "refund" people anything. When you agreed to play the game, as this is IN BETA you agreed to allowing them to change systems as they see fit. By those terms, they didn't even have to refund people Formae, but out of the goodness of their hearts and to compensate for the change (which they legally don't have to), they are giving us, and I emphasize GIVING US, the formae back as compensation. So don't start complaining and whinning about getting a Legendary Forma just because you feel entitled to getting it, DE has no bindings to do so.

You want proof, read your TOS/EULA and you'll get that proof.

Also, dude, at max you're gonna have to re-level things twice, since you're losing only two slots. Not only that, but if you've customized to the point where all slots have polarities, I'd hardly call that any fault of DE of shoehorning yourself into a position like that.

But eh, I sense the rage is strong in you in this, and I don't think any constructive response like this is going to help you out on this one.

Edited by AlphaHorseman

this tread have as for the time i write it : have 52 replies and 677 views- op got 45 votes

any other L. forma related tread from the first page of General have nearly 2 time more views and nearly the same amount of replies - op got 4 ... 10 ... 11 votes.

the exception is a tread https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/327024-why-u15s-proposed-forma-replacement-is-disrespectful/ with over 160 replies and over 3k views - op got 30 votes ... (i'm not counting the time life of a tread)

So, online is about 80?

It's clear that most of us don't give a s... stick about all this changes.

But you can't trade forma....so why is this a problem?

No matter the case, DE has no legal bindings to "refund" people anything.

DE don't have any reasons to "not refund".

It's not like we force them - nope, it's official statement.

It's not like they harm someone with this "refund" - nope, it's just free stuff.

It's not like game doomed after "refund" - nope, we alredy have Legendary cores.

I ..I'm pretty much at my limit of people taking 0 accountability in this situation, which is even more arrogant.

If someone feels their time was wasted, then they purposely spend time not having fun, on a game that is still very much in development(whether you consider it in beta or not) whereas changes are to be expected. Hell, if DE where to shutdown tomorrow, would they hate DE for wasting their time they spend on this game, and demand recompense? Because that's the stance such people are taking.

Everyone has all the right to upset when time spend might be nullified. But shifting all blame when one knowingly put themselves into this position is outright disgusting behavior. When you take a gamble, you can end up losing. Common sense dictates that if you don't wanna risk having changes that might negatively effect you, you don't put yourself in a situation where you know they can occur. Hell, DE even warns you in the EULA beforehand.

So have fun not playing any online game again, since all of them are subject to change(with varying risk and size)

I'm not saying DE is exempt from any blame, I am however saying that DEMANDING compensation for time someone choose to spend knowing and willingly is going to far. And that the line of reasoning used is childish. 

Time IS precious, so if you can't handle the risk of "losing" it, Don't play games in Beta, don't play games that aren't released, don't play games that have continued support. Because there is a reasonable chance there might be changes that you don't appreciate.

Nailed it. Thread's over people.

DE don't have any reasons to "not refund".

It's not like we force them - nope, it's official statement.

It's not like they harm someone with this "refund" - nope, it's just free stuff.

It's not like game doomed after "refund" - nope, we alredy have Legendary cores.

People are so funny, when they believe in something non-existant ^_^

DE never stated anything about L Formas. No, really, they havent. Not even once. 

All was said is the thing I wrote at the top of this thread:

"Each Warframe will also be losing two Mod Slots in exchange for receiving these powers by default, and any player who used a Forma to change the polarity of the Slot removed will be refunded Forma as appropriate."

The rest is peoples imagination.

snip

aren't you a little too aggressive ? 

in case of Steel Charge the mistake was to allow player to gain too much energy for mod builds. they reverted the change (with unchanged max % to melee ) and as compensation for the cost of ranking up the mod - the L cores where given. 

with the decrease of mod slots available for frames we will be getting compensation in form of a forma (since it was the only resource that we used in those slots).

there where no mistake. nothing to fix. everything was working properly as DE wished.

The main change is to make the frame what there where meant to be (when we where creating the frames, we where getting his/hers ability mods with it). i don't see any real reason to get a higher compensation. This is A f2p game. you don't pay for playing it. so time spent in game is irrelevant.

Edited by Cracken

No matter the case, DE has no legal bindings to "refund" people anything. When you agreed to play the game, as this is IN BETA you agreed to allowing them to change systems as they see fit. By those terms, they didn't even have to refund people Formae, but out of the goodness of their hearts and to compensate for the change (which they legally don't have to), they are giving us, and I emphasize GIVING US, the formae back as compensation. So don't start complaining and whinning about getting a Legendary Forma just because you feel entitled to getting it, DE has no bindings to do so.

You want proof, read your TOS/EULA and you'll get that proof.

I could have sworn you have posted this before....... almost exactly the same, why do i remember that..... Oh right you posted it earlier...

Anyway, They dont HAVE to give us refunds, that is true. But like i replied to someone who was using this as an argument: If they did not, ALOT of players would leave and quit the game. Which would hurt their game too much, and sure some of the players will come back eventually. But i would like to think that you REALLY should look at the other side of the coin.

I think the problem, for you is, it makes too much sense. The people wanting this legendary business want exactly that, business. Everyone remembers the legendary cores, and everyone remembers the lucrative trades that were possible thanks to them. If legendary cores were never handed out, no one would even have an example to ask for legendary formas on.

It's perfectly obvious why people want them. With people knowing the update is coming, and what will happen, they can easily forma as many certain slots as they can so they get as many legendary formas as possible. These will be used to trade with, and they'll instead buy regular forma for real money or for plat in the market, because the legendary formas will be worth more. It's a net gain. This is a problem, and I'm sorry you can't see it.

The fact that formas are not tradeable makes your whole text invalid.

Yet you are crying about people wanting their time not being wasted. What a hypocrite lol

You guys are talking as we are forcing DE to give us a legendary forma or something similiar. The majority don't want it because they can sell it, but because they dont want to relevel their warframes. We do know that they do not have to do it, we are just suggesting here something. What the hell is wrong with you. Why are you against it? I mean give one simple reason how is this going to ruin your gameplay/fun? I just don't want to relevel all my warframes over again AND I know that they don't have to do it, BUT WHY ARE YOU BUTHURT? I could understand if a developer would come here and complain because it would mean more coding or whatever, but what's your excuse?

Edited by Deccode

I could have sworn you have posted this before....... almost exactly the same, why do i remember that..... Oh right you posted it earlier...

Anyway, They dont HAVE to give us refunds, that is true. But like i replied to someone who was using this as an argument: If they did not, ALOT of players would leave and quit the game. Which would hurt their game too much, and sure some of the players will come back eventually. But i would like to think that you REALLY should look at the other side of the coin.

I really dont think that such minor thing can cause alot of people to leave. Most of players will not even notice it, considering we`re having SO much in return in U15. People just focused on greed. Instead of helping others and having fun.

So the only thing I can suggest to them and all other people who rage at me here:

4I5z7Iq.gif

Edited by Vicious_D

aren't you a little too aggressive ? 

This is A f2p game. you don't pay for playing it. so time spent in game is irrelevant.

If you guys think I'm being aggressive in my posts then my bad on that, but I'm sitting here at 4am in the morning drinking tea(passion tango if you are curious) and reading news. I like to read general discussions on forums and see what people are saying, then respond to them with my view and opinion and see if we can spark some discussion. If people interpret my posts as being aggressive then I really have no other way to fix that other than saying "Sorry".

Pay for playing? You gotta pay if you want more than 3 Warframes and 8 weapons at a time(or whatever you can get for the 50 free plat), but I'm a collector and I like to maximize my Warframes to their full potential. Sure I'm not paying to play, but I do pay to have a better and easier experience rather than having to delete Warframes and/or Weapons when a better one comes along.

This is pointless. This guy is totally double sided. He's crying because people want something without any explaination, then proceeds to bash you for crying. He's telling you that you are greedy while being the greed itself. Look at his other posts, he was bashing "freeloaders", claiming that they are not worth arguing with, because they are not paying for the game I mean how can you be so low. He doesn't want other people to have some expensive items in the form of a legendary forma, because you could sell it for high amount of plat so he can have the most plat in the game and run the economy. He's denying the fact that we want it for the pure releveling purpose. When we say that we want it to be not tradeable he claims that we will ask for it to be tradeable. Sorry buddy if you, or anybody else who upvotes you cannot point 1 single reason how this suggestion is bad for you, then my opinion above stands, till then stay low and try to prove me wrong.

Edited by Deccode

"Time wasting arguments is greatly exagerrated."

I was actually coming into rant about why that was wrong, but I did a bit of reading, seems my worst fears were unfounded and its not to be worried about.

"Which 2 slots are being removed?

The slots being removed depends on where your Ability Polarities are located. For example, if you have swapped your Top Left default Ability Polarity slot somewhere in the middle of the Mod slot Layout, the position of your current Ability Polarity Slot is the one that will be removed.

If you haven't changed around the location of your Ability Polarity Mod slots, we are simply removing 2 of the 4, the top left and top right.

This question should answer concerns from players who have Swapped around Polarities and are worried we are 'just removing the leftmost column of slots' in a blanket script and not considering swaps."

So really there should only be "time wasting" if you have no blank slots  All my frames only have 2 polarity slots for powers so thats all that should get removed,

I'm glad because to be honest, I was pretty angy about the prospect of losing 2 polarity slots on EVERY FRAME I have, I can understand why people were annoyed by this, because giving back a Forma IMO is a bit of a slap in the face, (if your a vet you likely have piles of Forma, might as well give us Nano-Spores!) The hours spent leveling a frame are what is lost, the forma itself irrelevant.

But at the end of the day, it doesnt matter, they have informed us what slots are being removed, this shouldnt be an issue for anybody unless they have every slot forma'd or are using a very strange setup and even still, really shouldnt be a huge problem!

Edited by t4m5t3r

This is pointless. This guy is totally double sided. He's crying because people want something without any explaination, then proceeds to bash you for crying. He's telling you that you are greedy while being the greed itself. Look at his other posts, he was bashing "freeloaders", claiming that they are not worth arguing with, because they are not paying for the game I mean how can you be so low. He doesn't want other people to have some expensive items in the form of a legendary forma, because you could sell it for high amount of plat so he can have the most plat in the game and run the economy. He's denying the fact that we want it for the pure releveling purpose. When we say that we want it to be not tradeable he claims that we will ask for it to be tradeable.

So the only thing I can suggest to them and all other people who rage at me here:

4I5z7Iq.gif

This is pointless. This guy is totally double sided. He's crying because people want something without any explaination, then proceeds to bash you for crying. He's telling you that you are greedy while being the greed itself. Look at his other posts, he was bashing "freeloaders", claiming that they are not worth arguing with, because they are not paying for the game I mean how can you be so low. He doesn't want other people to have some expensive items in the form of a legendary forma, because you could sell it for high amount of plat so he can have the most plat in the game and run the economy. He's denying the fact that we want it for the pure releveling purpose. When we say that we want it to be not tradeable he claims that we will ask for it to be tradeable. Sorry buddy if you, or anybody else who upvotes you cannot point 1 single reason how this suggestion is bad for you, then my opinion above stands, till then stay low and try to prove me wrong.

1. You want something without any real grounds for it other than "time lost", you cannot gain back time lost, no matter what kind of compensation anyone gives you because time isn't something you can get back.

2. The move with Legendary Cores was a big issue with DE, and it was a massive mistake. Sure, people that get the Legendary Forma don't want it to be tradeable, but what happens when other players who don't have the Legendary Forma do want it to be tradeable? They'll come to the forums, and rant, just as you rant right now. They'll ask for something that wasn't even on DE's to do list in the first place, just as you're asking right now. They'll ask for it to be tradeable because its "unfair" to them, just as you are saying this is "unfair" right now. Don't tell me this isn't going to be the case, Legendary Forma wasn't going to be the case until some nitwits in the Forums decided to make it a fussy idiotic subject.

3. People will use it on other items, don't tell me otherwise because it's been a lurking worry I've seen in one or two other threads. Sure, binding it could be a solution, but then that's even MORE WORK for DE when it isn't even something they were planning to do.

4. "Run the economy" my &#!. No one is trying to "run the economy" when it consists of over thousands of players, it's nigh on impossible for that. And if they do become tradeable, no S#&$ sherlock it's gonna be just as expensive as legendary cores are.

5. Legendary Formae were not in DE's plans because it wasn't necessary. You, on the other hand, think you need to be compensated for something you did willingly, for the mere fact that you shoehorned yourself by no warrants of DE.

So no, you don't deserve or need any bloody Legendary Forma.