Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Official Statement On The Site To Stop This Legendary Madness

Sifu

Time wasting arguments is greatly exagerrated. Many people have clocked in more than 100 hours and 1000 hours even. If 10-100 hours are wasted on leveling warframes, then what about the rest 90-900 hours?

So when you forma a warframe and level them up, you specifically wasted a time you can use to make money and improve your life. But a time used when playing level 30 warframe just happens to be perfectly fine to waste and won't contribute anything at all in your life?

Time spent enjoying the game?

Well, re-levelling frames is not always something which brings enjoyment. 

As for "legendary forma" or not?

I would be very happy if we got it but it isnt the end of the world if we just got regular forma.

*facepalm*

No that was just a example, I am talking about you use you time, which you ca never get back, and then you dont get payed for it. If you take the example and apply it here: You use alot of hours grinding xp for your frame. DE makes a better system, and removes two formaed slots. Then they give you back your forma, but you dont get the Time you spent on the xp.

Hours on xp= Hours working your butt of

DE makes a better system, and gives you back forma= You getting a better paycheck

If the loss of two slots happen=You not getting money for your time.

I have to repeat myself here: I love the change and look forward to it. BUT its like some people (you included Vicous_D) can't see both perspectives. Which makes you abit arrogant. But i have the same opinion as you, but the idea that a upvote=YES REMOVE THE LEGENDARY FORMA. And an ignore =GIVE ME THAT SHIEEEET!

Is just not a good idea

You cant move your forma out of the way..... DE rebeca said so, the script will go for if the forma started in the removed slot

You either dont understand what are you talking about, or dont want to. Playing games is our free time, we can spent it on reading, playing other games, walking, talking... anything. You dont get payed for your free time, well because its YOUR FREE TIME.

(Next is not concerned to you, in case you`ll quote that)

Adding another unfair advantage item, that have a chance to become currency is overall a bad idea. If you enjoyed the game for over 100 hours, why you even bother asking for a refund? A refund for what? For your Free time? Really?

People are so close minded and agressive when it comes to free stuff... 

Edited by Vicious_D

They can give a forma and a booster at max.

But legendary forma, not gonna happen.

Look.

When DE introduce auras, did they compensate those players who already spent 6 formas on frames ?

Well nada.

When DE wreck damage 1.0, did they refund people who polarized weapons that are designed to work in a 1.0 environment ?

Well nope.

When stances are released, did DE refund people who formaed their melee weapons which now have excess of points ?

Well no again.

The fact that DE actually release forma this time around is actually a miracle.

Since as of now I havent read one - could someone ( Vicious_D ) tell me an argument why DE must not compensate people with a legendary forma ? What are the downsides ? What is it you are going to lose on this ?

As long as they are not tradeable someone gets what he already had in a transferable form. Nothing more.

Anyways theres nothing to fear for you since I am pretty sure there wont be any legendary forma. At least not until after things have gone utterly wrong - which probably depends on the quality of the script used.

You cant move your forma out of the way..... DE rebeca said so, the script will go for if the forma started in the removed slot

Yea i guess but itll target the ability slot first, people who are using atleast 1 ability with not that greatly affected by the loss either

Staffgroupimage.png DERebecca

Overlord

• photo-thumb-4.jpg?_r=1413938732
  • ADMINISTRATOR
  • 4393 posts

Posted Today, 09:01 AM

KnotOfMetal, on 22 Oct 2014 - 09:42 AM, said:snapback.png

So just to put this is full applyance:

10 bowls, 4 apples

if we molecularly alter two of the apples so they turn into oranges then no matter what bowls they are in, the bowls with the apples will still get removed first, correct?

This makes me so happy, really really really didn't want to have to possibly relevel all my 20 warframes up to 2 times each.

DERebecca, on 22 Oct 2014 - 09:44 AM, said:snapback.png

Yes, this is correct to my knowledge. As it is a huge part of the Update, I will receive absolute and final confirmation ASAP!

Confirming last night's question, yes, you are correct Knot.

Back to zero progress? no really

What people are worried about is that there are going to be hundreds of topics with players asking for the Legendary Forma's to be trade-able. Probably because the Legendary Forma they get back isn't needed since they've gained points from the removed ability mods and want to sell it instead for high amounts of plat.

And the main excuse will be ''But Legendary Cores can be traded too!''

You either dont understand what are you talking about, or dont want to. Playing games is our free time, we can spent it on reading, playing other games, walking, talking... anything. You dont get payed for your free time, well because its YOUR FREE TIME.

(Next is not concerned to you, in case you`ll quote that)

Adding another unfair advantage item, that have a chance to become currency is overall a bad idea. If you enjoyed the game for over 100 hours, why you even bother asking for a refund? A refund for what? For your Free time? Really?

People are so close minded and agressive when it comes to free stuff... 

Look, the dthing is, we choose to spend time on their game in our free time, YES of course we do. But like i said, look at it from the other people's perspective. Really try, its not that hard.

Look the example i used was just the only thing i could find at this time. And no i dont get paid for playing warframe(My biggest wish) But imagine having all frames where you might have polarized all of them alot of times (Imagine my situation really) some of them might loose the formas, so releveling all of them AGAIN will be something one might be a bit anoyed with. But again, i dont have anything against upgrades of the game :D

Now adding Legendary Forma is not an advantage item, if made NONTRADEABLE(Which most people are talking about, if they are added) and another thing, refunding our formas, is actually not free items. Its a REFUND meaning we get back what we used (This is just a fact, i dont really want to disscus this since its a bad argument. But still something to consider)

Since as of now I havent read one - could someone ( Vicious_D ) tell me an argument why DE must not compensate people with a legendary forma ? What are the downsides ? What is it you are going to lose on this ?

As long as they are not tradeable someone gets what he already had in a transferable form. Nothing more.

Anyways theres nothing to fear for you since I am pretty sure there wont be any legendary forma. At least not until after things have gone utterly wrong - which probably depends on the quality of the script used.

How much reasons you need? 1? 10?

1. Idea of legendary forma appeared on forums, DE never stated anything about it.

2. The whole thing of refunding 'lost time' is a joke. Read your EULA. We all are free beta testers, DE owes nothing to us.

3. If DE will listen to such people and actually release Legendary (or whatever call them) Formas, people will start asking to make them tradeable...

4. If you playing the game for free and actually enjoying it - how can you ask to refund you for fun?

5. Just no, do not waht.

Even if they wont be tradeable, even if they wll be bound to single warframe they were taken from, no. 3-5 days affinity booster - maybe.

What such people fail to understand - there is nothing to ask a refund for.

We dont need downvote, since you can either ignore or upvote the post. And considering I have more upvotes after 20 minutes than LF threads after days...  keep yourself entertained and stay longer in my thread, the more such haters will be here, the more attention I`ll get.

I didn't say we need a downvote option. And your comparing doesn't make sense at all. You cannot talk for the majority of the forum by looking at upvotes. You are terrible at this lol.

1. Idea of legendary forma appeared on forums, DE never stated anything about it.

2. The whole thing of refunding 'lost time' is a joke. Read your EULA. We all are free beta testers, DE owes nothing to us.

3. If DE will listen to such people and actually release Legendary (or whatever call them) Formas, people will start asking to make them tradeable...

4. If you playing the game for free and actually enjoying it - how can you ask to refund you for fun?

5. Just no, do not waht.

Even if they wont be tradeable, even if they wll be bound to single warframe they were taken from, no. 3-5 days affinity booster - maybe.

-emm ok? The idea appeared and it was suggested not forced into DE to implement legendary formas.

-EULA has nothing to do with this subject. Again nobody is forcing DE to implement it, it's just a suggestion for people that have invested a lot of time. Don't you get it?

-you are assuming stuff without evidence anyway. People will ask for icecream as well.

-I'm playing for free and paying money for this game, yet agian you are assuming that everybody is not paying anything, but you.

-but some do want

You actually didn't even bring a single argument for why they should not implement that kind of refund. You are just hating on teh fact without a proper reasoning.

Edited by Deccode

5. Just no, do not waht.

I dont see any reasonable argument there. A lot of "if" and oppinion. I read that as : you actually dont know any downsides of a non tradeable legendary forma and you just fear a lot of things that might happpen.

Edit : Remember - I dont care what will be done - I am just objective and see a reason on one side and none but envy and / or fear on the other side

Edited by AdFinitum

5. Just no, do not waht.

the force is strong whiting you .

most of people is just whining that they will lose their favorite build. if DE could compensate us with ANYTHING that we should be raging when MOD 2.0 went online. 

Why are you so greedy ?

Edited by Cracken

I dont see any reasonable argument there. A lot of "if" and oppinion. I read that as : you actually dont know any downsides of a non tradeable legendary forma and you just fear a lot of things that might happpen.

Alot of 'ifs' because DE never stated anything about Legendary Formas. Yet you speak about them like they are a fact.

You need a reason? How about this:

l5xRvbb.jpg

In general community is against Legendary Formas, only a minority wishes them for clear trading purposes. There is no need for denial, we all understand here, what is behind this Legendary Forma demand.

Who is with me - simply upvote my post, this will give an understanding, what community really wants. And community want new content, not new gamebreaking currency items.

Who are you to speak for the "community" and talk about "minority"?

Part of majority. Also I actually read threads and can make a valid suggestion, based on peoples answers. Considering I got over 40 upvotes, my suggestion is actually valid.

Minority are people, who cant afford or will not buy platinum, but want a free tradeable thingy, that can be sold to fat-wallet-kiddoz for precious plats.

Edited by Vicious_D

We are the community (no matter how big it is) - if you reed the actual treads with the new Frame slot and ability mod changes you will see that a lot of people are not against the changes.

and judging by the upvotes for mr. Vicious_D you will see that people are against the whole idea of super / legendary (what ever you call it) forma.

Edited by Cracken

You are as annoying as the people wanting a legendary refund. Even more so, your complain doesn't make sense, theirs does.

I think the problem, for you is, it makes too much sense. The people wanting this legendary business want exactly that, business. Everyone remembers the legendary cores, and everyone remembers the lucrative trades that were possible thanks to them. If legendary cores were never handed out, no one would even have an example to ask for legendary formas on.

It's perfectly obvious why people want them. With people knowing the update is coming, and what will happen, they can easily forma as many certain slots as they can so they get as many legendary formas as possible. These will be used to trade with, and they'll instead buy regular forma for real money or for plat in the market, because the legendary formas will be worth more. It's a net gain. This is a problem, and I'm sorry you can't see it.

Edited by WhiteCr0w

We are the community (no matter how big it is) - if you reed the actual treads with the new Frame slot and ability mod changes you will see that a lot of people are not against the changes.

and judging by the upvotes for mr. Vicious_D you will see that people are against the whole idea of super / legendary (what ever you call it) forma.

I'm not against Vicious but I should remind you that this thread has 600 views. It's quite too soon to call.

Edit: Nvm, did more snooping around, people against legendary forma are a lot.

Edited by izzatuw

Hmmmm

Im on the fence for this

The best thing DE could do is have players rearrange thier polarities so the two on the farthest right are the ones that go

People will likely use the legendary forma on something other than the intended frame

The amount of threads with Legendary Forma madness grown too large, people need a clear understanding of what will happen.

In general community is against Legendary Formas, only a minority wishes them for clear trading purposes. There is no need for denial, we all understand here, what is behind this Legendary Forma demand.

You look down on opposing views and make assumptions about what people want, use argument ad populum based on nothing to press your view, and even if it was true it doesn't matter, then you made up a straw man argument saying they want it for trade.

Suffice is to say, devs change the game no matter why, player should have access to his frame with as many time as he put in it before, how you personally feel about it is irrelevant, and giving players non tradable  "legendary forma" would be fair, then they do whatever they want with it, delete it if they wish. It's the right thing to do.

Edited by Nadrac

I'm not against Vicious but I should remind you that this thread has 600 views. It's quite too soon to call.

But its still statistics. This thread is 2 hours old, after a day or two we`ll have our picture. But even now its quite clear, even judging by answers here.

You look down on opposing views and make assumptions about what people want, use argument ad populum based on nothing to press your view, and even if it was true it doesn't matter, then you made up a straw man argument saying they want it for trade.

Suffice is to say, devs change the game no matter why, player should have access to his frame with as many time as he put in it before, how you personally feel about it is irrelevant, and giving players non tradable  "legendary forma" would be fair, then they do whatever they want with it, delete it if they wish. It's the right thing to do.

If Leg Formas will be refunded and will be tradeable and  people will only use them to return lost polarities to only their  own frames - I`ll personally write an excuse letters to everyone, who got offended by this. But before that - 

l5xRvbb.jpg

Edited by Vicious_D

I think the problem, for you is, it makes too much sense. The people wanting this legendary business want exactly that, business. Everyone remembers the legendary cores, and everyone remembers the lucrative trades that were possible thanks to them. If legendary cores were never handed out, no one would even have an example to ask for legendary formas on.

It's perfectly obvious why people want them. With people knowing the update is coming, and what will happen, they can easily forma as many certain slots as they can so they get as many legendary formas as possible. These will be used to trade with, and they'll instead buy regular forma for real money or for plat in the market, because the legendary formas will be worth more. It's a net gain. This is a problem, and I'm sorry you can't see it.

let say that they will really be implemented... do you even imagine how much chaos it will cause ? the market will go upside down if the thing you mention will actually happen. this is even bigger reason for not implementing them

Time is precious.

Most definatly some people have spend money on affinity boosters just to level up a formaed Warframe. Others spend quite a bunch of playtime to rerank up a formaed warframe. Forcing any of them to rerank up to a dozen warframes will make them quite unhappy. Especially casual gamers who will loose this time and wont be able to do what they actually want to do - explore U15.

If the script removes any slot that has a polarity other than none / ability it steals a forma plus several hours of lifetime from a player and if that is not compensated in some way it will make a lot of people sad, angry and more which wont do the game any good.

Personally I appreciate the upcoming change and can manage its consequences but I care about this game as a whole and if this proccess fails it might have a big negative impact on the player base and follow up cash flow ( who wants to invest time and money into a game if at any time anything gained might be removed ).

So I pretty much prefer a over compensation over a cheap forma hand out. Theres nothing to loose due to a over compensation but quite a lot to loose if people are being hurt.

Edit : BTW I dont like this thread at all. Neglecting other peoples time investment is just arrogant and reckless.

I ..I'm pretty much at my limit of people taking 0 accountability in this situation, which is even more arrogant.

If someone feels their time was wasted, then they purposely spend time not having fun, on a game that is still very much in development(whether you consider it in beta or not) whereas changes are to be expected. Hell, if DE where to shutdown tomorrow, would they hate DE for wasting their time they spend on this game, and demand recompense? Because that's the stance such people are taking.

Everyone has all the right to upset when time spend might be nullified. But shifting all blame when one knowingly put themselves into this position is outright disgusting behavior. When you take a gamble, you can end up losing. Common sense dictates that if you don't wanna risk having changes that might negatively effect you, you don't put yourself in a situation where you know they can occur. Hell, DE even warns you in the EULA beforehand.

So have fun not playing any online game again, since all of them are subject to change(with varying risk and size)

I'm not saying DE is exempt from any blame, I am however saying that DEMANDING compensation for time someone choose to spend knowing and willingly is going to far. And that the line of reasoning used is childish. 

Time IS precious, so if you can't handle the risk of "losing" it, Don't play games in Beta, don't play games that aren't released, don't play games that have continued support. Because there is a reasonable chance there might be changes that you don't appreciate.

Hmmmm

Im on the fence for this

The best thing DE could do is have players rearrange thier polarities so the two on the farthest right are the ones that go

People will likely use the legendary forma on something other than the intended frame

This^

This is the only reason I'm completely opposed to legendary forma. I guess I'll forma my Ember P, Oberon, Excal, Rhino, Loki and every other frame and leave them unranked so I can get a legendary forma for my Dread