Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, Will We One Day Fight The Sentients?

(PSN)Hollow118

I'm sure a lot of us are aware of a bit of the lore behind the beginning of Warframe's universe, revolving around the War between Orokin and Sentients. We also know the Sentients nearly wiped out the Orokin in the war. So lets get to the nitty gritty of this post...

EDIT: So How Do You Think It Will Pan Out When We Battle the Sentients

Now just picture this, The Sentients return in search of complete domination across the solar system. They are incredibly powerful and far technically superior compared to the Grineer, Corpus, Tenno and all of the minor Syndicates. The threat of complete destruction looms over everyone. The Grineer begin to prepare the Balor Formorians they have left despite the efforts of the Tenno and their Archwing Tech. The Corpus rapidly produce new Hyena models, Jackal models, and Raptor models to prepare for the fight to hit home. But the Tenno see this differently. Lotus tells the Tenno that the measures the Corpus and Grineer have taken are not enough, and that without cooperation between all the factions, victory is nothing but a faint shimmer of light surrounded by an endless void. This is a time where Lotus reaches out the Grineer Queens and the Board of Directors of the Corpus and plea for a temporary alliance of the three.

This build of events could lead to some pretty dramatic and epic combat as the three Factions form an alliance to protect the Solar System they are all trying to control.

Or Perhaps, the Sentients return, knowing the Tenno are the remaining few from the Orokin  Era, and plan to finish what they started.

In this Scenario its purely Tenno vs Sentients,  But the Tenno have to develop technology that surpasses the Orokin to keep ahead of the Sentients mastery of Orokin Tech.

This is all my speculation and personal fun, but let me know what you all think of this. And if I screwed up some of the lore, forgive me, its been a bit since I read up on the story and lore.

EDIT: immolator1001 informed me that the devs did say the Sentients are coming, so this post is now speculation what will come from their arrival

Edited by (PS4)Hollow118

Corpus would be pretty useless against the Sentients since they can master technology. Primitive weaponry would probably suit them best. I doubt the Infested would put a fight against the Sentients, the Infested are mindless and will attack anyone. And I doubt the technocyte virus would have effect against the Sentients if they were artificial intelligent beings.

We still know very little about the Sentients.

DE has stated that they are coming back...eventually. They've also said they'll be very alien.

Other than that, what little we know is in the Codex. The rest is speculation--entertaining speculation, but speculation nevertheless.

What can we infer from their name? The possibilities are endless. 

ˈsen(t)SH(ē)ənt/

adjective

1. able to perceive or feel things.
    "she had been instructed from birth in the equality of all sentient life forms"
    synonyms:

(capable of) feeling

That can apply to ... just about everything already in Warframe that can be considered alive. So why would that be their name? What could differentiate them from everything else that is sentient? Allow me to propose a radical theory.

The reason they are named "Sentients" is because they are beings consciously created by the Universe itself. They are, by very nature the Conscious Universe. What differentiates them from other life in the Universe, is that they didn't come into being by random chance, of molecules and processes gradually becoming life. It could at least somewhat explain their name, whether it's something they adopted themselves or something the Orokin gave them.

Why would they be at war with the Orokin? Perhaps it's a similar story to that of Atlantis. The Orokin became corrupt with their power, their mastery of technology and the ability to take forces beyond their comprehension into their own hands. The Sentients were created to punish them, as the Universe itself decided to return things to a state of balance.

Just my little pet theory. DE, if you're looking for a writer I'd gladly come on board! :P

Edited by WhiteCr0w

As I understand it, the technocyte virus was created as a desperate countermeasure, a form of biological warfare to be used against the sentients by the orokin when their regular technology didn't work. I assume that if the sentients come back, they'll have to figure out a way to counter both the tenno, who killed them, as well as the infested, who don't seem to have done so poorly either. Remember, the infested have been exponentially evolving since the old war and probably barely resemble what they used to be.

When they return, it will surely be the pinnacle of the warframe experience for me, I'm sure of it.

Its almost like the movie "Jarhead", we train for combat, tirelessly, aimlessly at times. Once our ancient and true enemy returns perhaps we will once again have a purpose?

I can only hope, tenno.

I always believed the Sentients was referred to the sourche of the infesting Virus...

They can't be the Cephalons or AI, because the Tenno had been created to fight the Sentient and the Cephalon were their ships navigators, so it would have been a bad move...

well we already know the name of their ships "worm ships" mentioned during the mirage quest i heard that they would be replacing the infested in dark sectors. if they dont appear in dark sectors then i reckon they will show up from another system appearing at the outer terminus solar rail near pluto thus taking over pluto oh and theres no way the sisters would accept and alliance with the tenno even if it was a life or death situation some of the captains might but the queens wouldnt. the corpus board might but that might depend on the outcome of the balor formurains assault