Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now That Syndicate Standing Was 'fixed,' Make High Rank Sigils Do More!

HolidayPi3

THERE are so many broken things in this game and they fix somethign that help us GOD DAMN IT

QFT

and i was never even gonna try and rush this syndicate stuff hard or something but these priorities are just #*($%%@ up. they couldn't and still can't change simple values for months (or ever).

Edited by SlyBoots

you're doing the wrong missions

Are you remotly serious ? I know what i am doing it is Cerberus on Pluto that mission on 4 waves gave over 1000 points i did the same mission after the hotfix with same weapons etc and got 400 tell Me what i am doing WRONG?

I'll start off by saying I liked how rep worked for a couple of days. Before the hotfix, you used to gain about twice as much rep if you used only one weapon and your frame.

In my opinion, this was a nifty system because it rewarded challenge. It rewarded players who were willing to go on long excursions with just their frame and favorite gun without any backup from a sentinel, and without a secondary or melee with lifestrike to fall back on. Risk was rewarded. This is probably the closest we've been to skill being rewarded..

That might sound dramatic, but that's all my opinion. So instead and whine and cry that it's gone, I'll leave that feedback behind and offer a suggestion.

Most players have noticed that higher rank sigils don't do anything for rep gain. Why not make these higher rank sigils multiply your standing?

This makes players feel more invested in their chosen factions because while they're gaining more rep for their chosen faction, they're also digging themselves deeper holes in others. Not to mention the amount of rep we spend on the sigils would make it a huge investment.

My 2c.

What challenge? What Risk? People actually switch to secondary? or melee?

It should be glaringly obvious that if you are going to go single weapon you will bring your strongest one because you are there specifically to farm points exactly because you know you are getting more when carrying a single weapon.

Something that might be "risk" would be missions with no extra revives and no player revives, or "one person dies entire mission fails" or something around those lines. Leaving your Lato at home and only bringing your Boltor Prime or Soma is not "risk",

its not even slightest a challenge to Sechura with a single weapon to gring XP/reputation, but this change making grind twice longer (if its confirmed) ...  

Im not even going to bother grinding insane amounts of rep (like 20 hrs non-stop for 50k)

With all due respect here, I don't believe DE created Syndicates with the expectation we would sit down 8 hours a day and grind them , they introduced them with the aspect of "NPC clan with extra benefits". They are just something extra to play towards.

I just play as per normal, and when I have enough points maybe I'll get something. I did not join one specifically with the intent of "must have mod on line 3, lets just run missions non stop till I get it".

What challenge? What Risk? People actually switch to secondary? or melee?

It should be glaringly obvious that if you are going to go single weapon you will bring your strongest one because you are there specifically to farm points exactly because you know you are getting more when carrying a single weapon.

Something that might be "risk" would be missions with no extra revives and no player revives, or "one person dies entire mission fails" or something around those lines. Leaving your Lato at home and only bringing your Boltor Prime or Soma is not "risk",

Indeed, people do. Take bleed damage? Use life strike. Go down? Use a secondary. Get surrounded? Sentinel restores your shields. You sacrificed all of these things for more rep.

These are risks no matter how you slice it. Especially if you rolled into T4 Defense 50+ waves regularly without any of these things on any of your team members, like I usually did.

Also, this was not the main point of the post. Hence why I didn't say that it actually rewarded skill. It was an example showing that people are willing to make sacrifices or take risks in order to attain a greater reward. This is also why I did not complain about wanting it back. This was feedback for DE. After all, this is a feedback section, no?

+1 fix this grind fest give us old system back or make higher sigil multi the rep. cuz my eyes are bleeding from all the grinding, yours grafics system is so bad even if i play for 5h i get bloody eyes when i play dota 14h i dont have that problem.

I was too angry after the hotfix to make a topic myself, I'm glad someone esle has taken it better than I had.

Definitely support this, I'm ok with grinding(jesus, I made it over and over for more than year, it's safe to say I'm f**king more than ok with grinding), but the system needs to be more balanced between new players and veterans.

So, a way to gain more reputation points the more you've grinded seems pretty fair to me, if not due.

Edited by siralextraffo

It starts from rank 3 definetely for new players that did not had do anything so along their grinding they would gather the points . For example i have done 2000 + hours with lots of grind that any normal player would do in those 2000 hours is imposible for a new player not to max the syndicate they choosed . Also if it was for high end playres it would be rank 10 and not 3

They just calculated with no-life-grinders, if you select a favored syndicate and do it passive over a year for a single mod what you can get at endrank. If an endgamer and you play for your syndicate, you will grind as much as the beginners, who play for leveling frames, weapons, companions. I'm one of the endgamers, formas in weapons, frames, etc., 1-5 stuff not maxed (like archwing+its weapon and Excalibur prime, some vandal and wraith), and now i need to play again thousands of hours after i played 2k+ hours to get a syndicate maxed and get all the offerings. And again double of it for getting maxed on another syndicate and get stuffs from them.

But DE, this system, with less weapon, more challenge make it better, and now you "fixed", what was the compensation for the endgamers.

Or just give the higher mastery rank players more reputation, like MR/10 -> for MR17  17/10=1,7 multiplier 170% bonus for them so after you reach MR17 you get 270% reputation, after all its not too much. If it start on MR3 that mean we can lower the bonus with 30% and now we calc with maxed rank 18 -> 150% bonus "beginners have 0% bonus, and if they rank up they get 10% bonus, etc.

With this system, we (endgamers) can get the same amount of reputation like before 15.0.6 and "beginners" still can get good reputation.

i dont get why they want too balance beginners/veterans if beginners want too be in same skill/item poll like veterans they need to earn it. stop fking up veterans cuz beginners have no idea what they are doing cuz end of the day we made it posible for em to enjoy this game.

I agree with your sentiment, OP, but this example is bad.

There was not a significant amount of "risk" involved in not bringing a secondary, and the reward is doubled. In fact, most players with high-end gear (and even without, really) don't bother switching weapons very often, so not bringing one barely affects the way you play the game. At best it's a momentary annoyance. This is not a handicap that warrants a doubled payoff.

If you have an idea for a REAL handicap, then I completely agree with you. I also agree with the notion that higher ranking sigils should affect point accumulation rate.

Please stop talking about handicap, I dont want the "challenge" to be that I cant use the full spectrum of my skill array and weapons. We rather need more intelligent enemies with more than one attack and health sponginess. Like stalker but will less teleport and oneshot, an enemy that maybe also has four attacks and you have to predict them right in order to evade, which gives you a short time window for counter-attacks.

Or enemies that dont stupidly run on you, but use cover, corner you or try to get you out of a protective position by throwing grenades. Just cutting my damage by 50% or taking away my shields or skillset is just cheap and not fun to play.

Generally I like the idea of increased rep with challenge, but it has to be a well designed one.

Also the higher rank sigils should get you more rep, I agree with OP there.

I would LOVE to see those high ranked sigils give more syndicate points per mission.

Also, shouldn't certain warframes favoured by factions give you more reputation? What about running a complete set, for example:

nyx, burston prime, viper, jaw sword would give you massive boost to arbiters of hexis.

I would LOVE to see those high ranked sigils give more syndicate points per mission.

Also, shouldn't certain warframes favoured by factions give you more reputation? What about running a complete set, for example:

nyx, burston prime, viper, jaw sword would give you massive boost to arbiters of hexis.

That would be also very amaazing . For example if you are with grineer and use grineer weapon only you get a bigger boost

i dont get why they want too balance beginners/veterans if beginners want too be in same skill/item poll like veterans they need to earn it. stop fking up veterans cuz beginners have no idea what they are doing cuz end of the day we made it posible for em to enjoy this game.

Because as i said they dont care about veterans and fixes like that proves it even more . Veterans did their job and played the game for thousands of hours they milked us as much as they could so now they only aim new players and how they can milk them faster

Please stop talking about handicap, I dont want the "challenge" to be that I cant use the full spectrum of my skill array and weapons. We rather need more intelligent enemies with more than one attack and health sponginess. Like stalker but will less teleport and oneshot, an enemy that maybe also has four attacks and you have to predict them right in order to evade, which gives you a short time window for counter-attacks.

Or enemies that dont stupidly run on you, but use cover, corner you or try to get you out of a protective position by throwing grenades. Just cutting my damage by 50% or taking away my shields or skillset is just cheap and not fun to play.

Generally I like the idea of increased rep with challenge, but it has to be a well designed one.

Also the higher rank sigils should get you more rep, I agree with OP there.

Well, a handicap is a certainly more realistic proposition as it doesn't involve completely re-doing ai and creating tonnes of new enemies and animations, etc. But sure, you missed my point, I just think that it should be more challenging if you want more syndicate points, and not bringing a secondary did not make anything more challenging.

Well, a handicap is a certainly more realistic proposition as it doesn't involve completely re-doing ai and creating tonnes of new enemies and animations, etc. But sure, you missed my point, I just think that it should be more challenging if you want more syndicate points, and not bringing a secondary did not make anything more challenging.

So upping enemy strenght on another level than firepower and HP points wouldnt be more challenging? More enemies are being created right now, DE was also talking about a new faction in an earlier lifestream.  Because I think too challenge should be rewarded. Would even be nice if we had options to up or down difficulty and enemy spawns on every mission.

Also, you cant redo an AI that practically doesnt exist (only artificial incompetence in the case of Warframe ;-)), so DE had to start making one.

I'll start off by saying I liked how rep worked for a couple of days. Before the hotfix, you used to gain about twice as much rep if you used only one weapon and your frame.

In my opinion, this was a nifty system because it rewarded challenge. It rewarded players who were willing to go on long excursions with just their frame and favorite gun without any backup from a sentinel, and without a secondary or melee with lifestrike to fall back on. Risk was rewarded. This is probably the closest we've been to skill being rewarded..

That might sound dramatic, but that's all my opinion. So instead and whine and cry that it's gone, I'll leave that feedback behind and offer a suggestion.

Most players have noticed that higher rank sigils don't do anything for rep gain. Why not make these higher rank sigils multiply your standing?

This makes players feel more invested in their chosen factions because while they're gaining more rep for their chosen faction, they're also digging themselves deeper holes in others. Not to mention the amount of rep we spend on the sigils would make it a huge investment.

My 2c.

I actually thought this is how it would work and was one incentive to try getting higher ranking and beter sigils. If it's not like this, then I hope they make it like that.

I agree with your sentiment, OP, but this example is bad.

There was not a significant amount of "risk" involved in not bringing a secondary, and the reward is doubled. In fact, most players with high-end gear (and even without, really) don't bother switching weapons very often, so not bringing one barely affects the way you play the game. At best it's a momentary annoyance. This is not a handicap that warrants a doubled payoff.

If you have an idea for a REAL handicap, then I completely agree with you. I also agree with the notion that higher ranking sigils should affect point accumulation rate.

How about double reward when wearing a corrupt derelict key (extinguished, hobbled, etc.)